Last news did say "someday", you know...
As crazy as it may sound, an update to AAO has just been released.
Yes, more than one year after we announced a more open development cycle; and almost two years after the last release. I know, I know, we definitely have some progress to make on that part.
Now, regarding the contents of today's update, here is the list of contributions that are included.
- You can now have characters slide and fade in and out. (Unas)
This feature is accessible in the screen editor, using the new "Appearance animation" and "Disappearance animation" when you set a a character from the frame.
- Appearance animation is played on this frame if your character wasn't already present on the scene. (else, it is ignored)
- Disappearance animation is set to be played whenever your character leaves the scene. (Typically, on the next frame that has the "Hide previously shown characters" option ticked, or when another character takes his place.)
- The AAO font now supports Greek characters. (Nicky Boy)
- Issue #165: Using nonlinear transitions will no longer cause characters to disappear. (Unas)
- Issue #172: A bug in converting v5 to v6 trials with non-integer lifebar commans has been fixed. The values are now set to integers. (Enthalpy)
- Issue #174: A bug in converting v5 to v6 trials with commands to redirect to frame "0" of another trials will now go to the first frame, rather than ending the game. (Enthalpy)
- Fixed a bug preventing searching for a trial title with special characters. (Enthalpy)
- Fixed bugs with Apollo's and Iris's sprites. (Enthalpy)
- Added names for Bright Age of the Law characters to the editor. (Enthalpy)
- Fixed a bug in the editor where resetting the startup duration of a sprite will cause it to vanish. (Enthalpy)
The full diff is here, for those of you interested in the code.
I will be working with Enthalpy to try to be more reactive, and have future updates more regularly.