About registration

Read and comment on the latest community news and site updates.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

About registration

Post by Unas »

Important announcement regarding registration on this forum

I am upset. Really, very upset. And I'll tell you why :

I just realised that several dozens of people had been prevented from signing up here because of hotmail.
Indeed, when people sign in the forum sends an e-mail with a link to activate the new account before it can be used. I've recently received several mails from members who had not received their activation e-mail. Curiously, those people were using hotmail adresses.

A few minutes ago, I discovered the reason for this : all those mails had been sent back to me along with this error message :

Code: Select all

SC-002 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. The mail
   server IP connecting to Windows Live Hotmail has exhibited namespace mining
   behavior.
Which means, approximately, that hotmail blocked all these mails because it considered the site's host, which sent the e-mail, somehow "insecure".
(By the way, Free.fr being one of the most important French hosts and internet providers, it seems quite strange to consider it as "insecure"...)

Because of this, I am forced to deactivate this mail confirmation. From now on, this mail won't be needed and members will be able to connect immediately to the site after they've completed registration.
The drawback of this is that it will become easier for advertising bots to spam this forum... but I have no choice.

Therefore, all members who couldn't register because they had not received the e-mail are welcome to sign in again
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )