Forums updated and now have ads

Read and comment on the latest community news and site updates.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Forums updated and now have ads

Post by Unas »

The forums have been updated to latest version at last - it had been outdated for a while.
This should improve overall performance and security.

You will notice that Google ads appeared at the top of all forum pages. Indeed, I may have a use for a little extra money in the year to come (don't forget I'm just a student, and not particularly rich ^^), and I figured this could be a viable source of income.
However, I don't want it to disturb all members here, so you may consider this as an experiment. You'll notice that I made my best to integrate it discretely in the default forum theme so that it doesn't make things ugly - if you feel it's too much of a problem, please let me know (the comments section is here for this kind of things) and we'll see if anything better could be done.
Also, rest assured that ads are, and will always be, limited to the forums. I consider the game and editor are heavy enough for me not to add ad scripts. ;-)

I hope it won't be too much of a problem to you all :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )