Major update: Startup animations

Read and comment on the latest community news and site updates.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Major update: Startup animations

Post by Unas »

One more update of the animation system : it's now able to handle one-time animations, such as phoenix stretching his arm, etc., automatically. Just set the picture as usual, and when it's played Phoenix will stretch his arm (once) and then speak. One more step towards graphic realism on AAO :P

This is currently visible only on Phoenix and Edgeworths' default profiles, because it takes a while to arrange sprites to work with this system. I will update this gradually to increase the number of characters for whom this is supported. :wink:

And before you ask, I am already thinking about several things :
  • The ability to add such animations to custom profiles. Not yet implemented, I'm thinking about it.
  • The ability to prevent this animation from playing on specific texts. After all, Edgey doesn't slam his desk each time he has his hand on it (even though it may seem so ^^), so... :P

EDIT : Godot and young Mia's profiles have been updated to work with this too :)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )