I haven't abandoned it

Read and comment on the latest community news and site updates.
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

I haven't abandoned it

Post by Unas »

Just an announcement regarding the trial creator V3 : it is no longer under active development.
What it means, is that I won't add any new function to it.

There are two reasons for this. First, I lack time to work on it. But the true reason is that the trial creator V3's architecture is way too limited : I don't think I can add new functions without a complete rebuild.
As a consequence, I've already started to work on the trial creator V4, which more modular architecture should allow me to add functions easily. However, I still don't have much time to work on it (that fact doesn't change...), so it's going rather slowly. I expect it to be finished around february/march 2009.

Here are a few info about the new functions I'm planning to include (from the less useful one to the most interesting one, to maintain suspense as long as possible :P ) :
  • Saving Auto-tasks, avoinding you to set them again each time you load the editor
  • Choosing the text sound (between the male/female/machine bleeps) for each text
  • Setting the text typing speed for each text
  • Defining Sub-messages, each having almost the same properties as a standard message. Concretely, this will enable playing sounds, changing the picture, changing the typing speed, etc. inside of a message. Much better for animations, isn't it ? :)
  • And probably others after, since new functions should be much easier to add on this version
I just wrote this so you know I'm not abandoning this, I'm still working on the editor, but you'll have to be patient :wink:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )