Community news: The revamped forums... again

Read and comment on the latest community news and site updates.
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Community news: The revamped forums... again

Post by Meph »

Community news
The revamped forums... again
Once again, we've been changing the arrangement of the forums.

However, the main point of this news is that we've got two new forums! The first is in General Discussions; the Media and Entertainment forum, where you can discuss films, novels, songs and anything else that fits into that category... except video games. I've moved our most recent media-related topics into the new forum, but please PM me if you see any more that should be moved.

The second new forum is the "Help and Tutorials" forum, which is the new home for guides. They used to be posted in the "Your Trials" forum, but have since been moved into their own forum as part of an effort to improve the help and support that the community provides. Also, the "Questions about the editor" forum has been renamed to "Support Questions" and has been moved so that it is now a subforum of the new tutorials forum. The scope of our help and support has been increased as well. Now are no longer limited to only asking about the editor. This will hopefully be more logical for anyone who needs help, because you can now easily check all of the tutorials and documentation in one place before you decide to ask a question.

Finally, the descriptions of each forum have been changed to use imperative sentences and some forums have been renamed with a more conventional title. The "Your Art" forum has also been moved above the "General Discussions" forum to improve its prominence.

Trial news
Tap has finally released the concluding part to his highly anticipated trial: Mysterious Sirens and Turnabouts, part of the Justice's Memoirs series.

I've also released the penultimate chapter of my trial, Secrets of a Turnabout.

gotMLK7 and the team are continuing with the Ace Attorneys: Emerging Legacies collaboration project. If you haven't already, play the first chapter, which has already been released!
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Re: Community news: The revamped forums... again

Post by Singidava »

Meph wrote:Finally, the descriptions of each forum have been changed to use imperative sentences and some forums have been renamed with a more conventional title. The "Your Art" forum has also been moved above the "General Discussions" forum to
forum to... what? xD
Where is the rest of the sentence?

Aaaanyway, actually I have something else to say too~ What about art tutorials? You know, these?
Meph

Post by Meph »

Art tutorials are unrelated. We won't be moving those. ;)
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

You can't 'quick reply' in the Help and Tutorials section, or the Media and Entertainment.

This is kinda minor, but would it be possible to switch the locations of Your Art and General Chatting again?

(If you want me to put these in the Comments section I will, but I didn't think it would really be necessary :P)

...Oh, and Meph, you need a noun after 'penultimate'! Tsk tsk tsk
Meph

Post by Meph »

Bad Player wrote:You can't 'quick reply' in the Help and Tutorials section, or the Media and Entertainment.
Yep. I've posted about that in the Comments forum. It should get fixed soon. ;)
Bad Player wrote:This is kinda minor, but would it be possible to switch the locations of Your Art and General Chatting again?
No. :P If you want it moved back just because you keep clicking on the wrong one by mistake, then you'll just have to get used to it. :P Unas wants to have General Discussions at the bottom of the forum list.
Bad Player wrote:...Oh, and Meph, you need a noun after 'penultimate'! Tsk tsk tsk
I don't proof-read what I write. :XD:
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Meph wrote:
Bad Player wrote:This is kinda minor, but would it be possible to switch the locations of Your Art and General Chatting again?
No. :P If you want it moved back just because you keep clicking on the wrong one by mistake, then you'll just have to get used to it. :P Unas wants to have General Discussions at the bottom of the forum list.
:objection: It's still over Archives!!

(Also fine, then just move 'Your Trials' to underneath 'Your Art' :P)
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Bad Player wrote:You can't 'quick reply' in the Help and Tutorials section, or the Media and Entertainment.
It should be fixed.
No.
After thinking for a while, I've determined that this order was the most logical, and should be more intuitive in the long run. You'll have to live with it :-P
As for the top-down approach, it's simple : the more important something is (or at least, the more I want to attract attention to it), the higher it goes on the list. By essence, random stuff (ie GC) goes at the bottom - and obviously archives go under the bottom. :wink:
Singidava wrote:Aaaanyway, actually I have something else to say too~ What about art tutorials? You know, these?
They should stay in art, since it's not help directly related to AAO. I still mean the Help section to focus on AAO itself - be it the editor, the forums, the QA process and such. :)
We should probably give a link to that list from the one in the Help section though. :)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )