Add action to change Evidence/Profile Name & Desc

Post about what you like and dislike on AAO and suggest new features and improvements.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

SmileyMiley
Spoken languages: English

Add action to change Evidence/Profile Name & Desc

Post by SmileyMiley »

I feel like this would be helpful because otherwise I have to create multiple evidence/profile entries for each new thing the player learns about that piece of evidence/profile throughout the trial. Thank you for your time.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: Add action to change Evidence/Profile Name & Desc

Post by SuperAj3 »

This would be helpful yeah. I find this is an issue with AAO and another case maker PYWright where you have to make 2 pieces of evidence for the same thing whenever you want to update it.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
TimeAxis
Spoken languages: English

Post by TimeAxis »

It would especially be useful for profiles, which you might often want to update as more information comes in, without having to create entirely new "characters" with their own sets of sprites and everything.

I know you don't have to add new sprites every time if you're not going to use that new profile that way regardless, but the profile list can get pretty clogged up and hard to keep track of if you have a lot of characters and multiple alternate versions for all of them.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

SmileyMiley wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:45 am I feel like this would be helpful because otherwise I have to create multiple evidence/profile entries for each new thing the player learns about that piece of evidence/profile throughout the trial. Thank you for your time.
This would require some technical changes to AAO that have me uneasy. At present, the only profile/evidence information that may change is what profiles/evidence are visible. With this proposal, the list of things that may change is much bigger. Names and descriptions at minimum, but in principle, anything about a profile or evidence object. That gets complicated fast and is going to make it much harder to make changes to evidence or profiles.

It was previously proposed that you could clone an existing profile/evidence so you could modify it easily. That, I'm completely okay with.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

I already answered that in the past : https://www.aaonline.fr/forum/viewtopic ... 19#p774019

Basically, the thing we can implement is, indeed, a button to duplicate a piece of evidence easily - but "updating" a piece of evidence does not really make sense from a game design perspective.
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )