Messed up storyboard

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

viper30641
Spoken languages: English

Messed up storyboard

Post by viper30641 »

I just joined Ace Attorney Online yesterday, and I've been loving it so far. Yesterday, I started to create a trial, and it had been going well. However, today I started to run into some problems. It started when I added my first cross-examination section. It was fine at first, but now when I check the storyboard, almost all of my frames are invisible. I know they're still there, as I can still play the entire trial from the start, but I just can't access them. In addition, some of the gameplay seems to have been affected (Now the game ends after the last statement in the cross-examination instead of looping back to the first one). Has anyone else every experienced a problem like this?

tl;dr Was working on a trial, then the storyboard got messed up, making the majority of frames completely invisible
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Messed up storyboard

Post by Enthalpy »

While I'm not sure what happened, your trial file is corrupted. I can correct it manually, but it would be nice to know what wrong in the first place.

Can you describe the edits you made before you first observed the missing frames?

By the way, you don't need to define the background each time. If you're using the same background as in the previous slide, it's enough to select the new character and their sprite.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
viper30641

Post by viper30641 »

I was kind of just doing a test trial. I didn't get very far so I honestly might just start over. I believe the missing frames began to appear when I started to edit the "failure conversation" in the cross-examination. I also started to run into issues when I went back and added more lines to the testimony. I don't know the interface very well yet, so I might have done some things in the wrong order. Thanks for the quick response though.
viper30641

Post by viper30641 »

Alright, I just made a new trial. I recreated everything exactly and then some and I haven't faced any problems. I must have done something the first time around that messed up the frames or something, but it's all good now.