[P] Looping Psyche Lock Animation

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Gizmological
Spoken languages: English

[P] Looping Psyche Lock Animation

Post by Gizmological »

Firefox 41.0.1
Windows 8
(For me at least, I don't know about the other people who have experienced this bug.)

Link to case: Turnabout Valley: Investigation

A couple of people have brought this up and I've seen it myself during playtesting. When the psyche locks are shown on frame 445, the leftmost psyche lock will constantly replay it's appearing animation until it is broken. Oddly enough, it only appears to happen with that particular psyche lock and only in that psyche lock convo.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [P] Looping Psyche Lock Animation

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm not reproducing this. I can't reproduce it now, and I didn't see it when I played your case earlier this week.

Please give us exact instructions on how to reproduce this. The best thing you could do would be to give us a save state from right before you see the bug, as well as any additional instructions.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

It doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time, as only a couple of people actually mentioned it and I've only seen it once in the several times I've been through and playtested the case. I'm not sure if there is any specific way to reproduce it, it just ends up happening occasionally.

I'll try and get a save where the bug happens. How exactly do I give you a save state?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

What's probably happening is that the animation depends on certain "steps." Finding the sequence of steps that causes the bug will probably be a large part of the problem.

To send somebody a save-state, save the game, right-click on the link, select "copy link location" and then paste the link here.

Be warned that you may need to send us a save state from right before you see the bug, instead of when you see the bug.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

Okay, I'll start trying to reproduce it.
I'll let you know if I can make it happen again.