[E] [F] Music stops playing and messes with the forums

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

energizerspark
Spoken languages: English

[E] [F] Music stops playing and messes with the forums

Post by energizerspark »

Sometimes after playing a few tracks in the music dropdown box, all music will then fail to load, no matter how long I wait.
On top of this, if I then try and open the forum in another tab, it will then refuse to load until I close the glitched V6 tab. Other websites work fine, it's just AAO that gets messed up.

I'm using Google Chrome Version 50.0.2661.102 m
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] [F] Music stops playing and messes with the forums

Post by Enthalpy »

Details, details.

Operating system? How many tracks does "a few" tend to be? Is this glitch guaranteed if you try about-that-many tracks? Are these custom tracks or ones built into AAO? Is there any pattern about which tracks cause the bug? Can you elaborate on "refuse to load"? Does closing the v6 tab resolve the forum problems immediately? Is there any difficulty in navigating the editor after the glitch? What happens if you try to open a player or editor tab while the glitch is active?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

Operating system? Windows 8.1
How many tracks does "a few" tend to be? It seems pretty random each time. Sometimes it can happen after only 2 or 3 tracks, sometimes it can take about 15.
Is this glitch guaranteed if you try about-that-many tracks? See above
Are these custom tracks or ones built into AAO? Interestingly, it seems the custom tracks in my trial are the only tracks not affected by this glitch.
Is there any pattern about which tracks cause the bug? Again, it seems to be pretty random. However, it also seems to be more prone with JFA tracks, but this could just
Can you elaborate on "refuse to load" The icon animates as if the track is playing, but no sound plays. This also affects sound effects.
Does closing the v6 tab resolve the forum problems immediately? Yes, practically instantly. I also can't refresh the v6 tab, it has to be closed out completely.
Is there any difficulty in navigating the editor after the glitch? The editor still seems mostly functional.
What happens if you try to open a player or editor tab while the glitch is active? Upon investigating this I noticed that once this glitch triggers, evidence and character profile icons stop loading. Popups and storyboard previews seem to work fine. Adding a character sprite to a frame works fine, but the little preview sprite in the character sprite selection menu doesn't appear. Places that have already appeared in the trial work fine.

Other things I noticed: I tried it with two different trials open in the editor. Once it triggered on one, I switched to the other, which was still loading the music properly. I was able to open a forum tab, but it loaded a lot slower than normal. After making both tabs glitch out, the forum tab went back to refusing to load.

The only thing I can say for certain regarding triggering the glitch is that it seems to be related to scrolling through the music selection menu.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm not able to reproduce anything like this with Chrome on Windows 10.1.

You never answered whether you can always get this glitch or not. It seems pretty random each time. could mean each time you try to reproduce the bug, or each time the bug occurs, which may not be every time you try to see it. If it is random whether or not the bug can appear even after "enough" searches, I can try again. If not, I can try downloading a Windows 8 Virtual Machine, but I don't expect that will work. You may need to show me a video of the bug on your computer.

I wanted to know about the forum refusing to load, not music failing to load.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

Enthalpy wrote:I'm not able to reproduce anything like this with Chrome on Windows 10.1.

You never answered whether you can always get this glitch or not. It seems pretty random each time. could mean each time you try to reproduce the bug, or each time the bug occurs, which may not be every time you try to see it. If it is random whether or not the bug can appear even after "enough" searches, I can try again. If not, I can try downloading a Windows 8 Virtual Machine, but I don't expect that will work. You may need to show me a video of the bug on your computer.

I wanted to know about the forum refusing to load, not music failing to load.
I can trigger this every time.

I'm trying to get video, but all the recorders are acting screwy.
The weird thing is that the behaviour of the glitch seems to have changed so that the forum tab now seems to load fine, albeit a bit slower than usual.

EDIT: Admittedly very bad quality, but this is the best I could capture it, and you can still see the basic details.
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

It's been a while since you reported this one. Are you still encountering this bug or not?