Sound Dropdown vanishes before being able to select

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

palex00
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English, some french, some polish

Sound Dropdown vanishes before being able to select

Post by palex00 »

Hello there!

So currently I'm working on my first case and I wanted to add a sound to a textbox. When I hover above "music" I can easily select a music (but I kind of have to double click. It will not be registered if clicked only one time). When I hover above the "sound"-button, the textbox will appear BUT if I want to hover to the dropdown menu, it vanishes. I figured out a way to click on it: I have to hold the mouse button on the sound-option and then hover to the dropbox menu without letting go. Otherwise it won't work.

Plus the "Frame presets" and the "Insert event box"-buttons are being cut off. Can I do something about it?

I'm using firefox on the newest version and V6 of AAO.

Thanks for your help :3
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Sound Dropdown vanishes before being able to select

Post by Enthalpy »

This bug. You're not the first to report this, and I agree. It is extremely annoying.

I'd love to take this one out once and for all, but AAO development is stalled until Unas has time to approve pull requests. I have no clue when that will be. If I have time for it, I'll experiment with some fixes for this bug so that it can be resolved quickly when AAO development opens up again.

Can you clarify 'the "Frame presets" and the "Insert event box"-buttons are being cut off'?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
palex00
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English, some french, some polish

Post by palex00 »

Sure!

http://i.imgur.com/fxw3mcc.png

I hope you can see what I mean...
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I see it now. Although the buttons are fully functional, not all of the text displays. I'll add this to the to-fix list.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson