[P] Chrome doesn't reload animations (addendum)

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

[P] Chrome doesn't reload animations (addendum)

Post by TheDoctor »

I was browsing through the issue tracker, and I came across issue #145: Chrome Doesn't Restart Animations. Seeing the comment that it apparently reloads places was actually rather useful, as my current trial was using kind of an ugly workaround for the animation looping continually.

So, to test it out, I created a gif, set to loop only once, and made a test case similar to the I145 test case. On Windows 10, Google Chrome, Version 51.0.2704.103 m (64-bit), the animation will only play once, and never restart after changing the frame. This is true for popups, places, and character sprites. One exception is if you start with the popup, the animation will restart when switching to place version of the gif, but it will not restart after that.

On the other hand, Firefox, Version 47.0.1 will restart the animation after changing the frame. This is true for all previously mentioned cases.

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/player. ... l_id=78698
Image Image Image
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [P] Chrome doesn't reload animations (addendum)

Post by Enthalpy »

Is it a coincidence that you did this on the day I was going through the bug forum?

Anyways, thanks for the demo! I'll give it a more detailed look later. #145 has always been a strange one, so I'm not surprised to see more silliness.

EDIT: Reproduced on my El Capitan. I've added your demo to the tracker page for #145, thanks!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson