Trial Editor Won't Save and Won't Playtest

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Trial Editor Won't Save and Won't Playtest

Post by Enthalpy »

Great!

To save your trial, you're going to use the save page manually. Go to this link. Put the ID of your trial in the "Id of the trial to save" section. Yours is 93280, I believe. Copy-paste the contents of that text file into the "Contents of the trial file :" section. You must get every single character. If you forget one at the beginning or the end, this will not work.

Once you have filled out those two fields, hit the "Submit Query" button, and see what your trial looks like in a new tab. If it looks exactly like the data you have, save successful! All the data has been transferred, and you can close out of the old tab. If it does not look like it, let me know and tell me what the problem is.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Waffles7777777
Spoken languages: English

Post by Waffles7777777 »

I got it all typed in, and when I hit "Submit" I was taken a new screen, a completely white screen with a single "1" on it.

I went into a new tab and pulled up my trial. Upon clicking on it, I was taken to a gray screen that said "Loading...". I waited for a long time and nothing seems to be progressing. Nothing appears to be loading, but I'm stuck on this loading screen anyways.

What do I do know?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

The save page is very picky. You included an extra return key at the end. You can't do that! The last characters of your trial contents should be: "elements":[]}}. Nothing else can be after that.

Still, what you did was "good enough," so I was able to correct the trial data myself. Look at your trial in the editor and let me know if it looks good!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Waffles7777777
Spoken languages: English

Post by Waffles7777777 »

Yes, it's working perfectly now! Thank you so much for all the help and for putting up with my lack of technological know-how! You don't know how happy I am!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Glad to hear it.

Let me know if this kind of error pops up again. I'll poke around the code to see if I can find something that caused this, but I'm not hopeful.