The trial just stops out of a sudden

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Nick0205
Spoken languages: Español, Inglés, Italiano

The trial just stops out of a sudden

Post by Nick0205 »

Hello :sawhit:
So... I recently came back to AAO, and I haven't visited it for a long time, I was playing a case made by myself, when suddenly at a certain point it just stopped. I tried many times but I couldn't get past that point. I appreciate if you could help me. Here are the details.
User Agent String:
I'm using a Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, Google Chrome
Link:
http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=90619
What happened?:
I was just testing my case, when all of a sudden, at the square with ID #55 in the first Judge line the game stops :judge: . Try it out for yourself and tell me if the same happens to you
What did you expect to happen?:
I expected the case to continue, of course
Can you reproduce the problem?:
Yes, I tried it many times, and in every single one it happens
What did you do before the problem showed up?:
I just played the case, i didn't edit it. I doubt it's an editing error because I had tried the case before and it worked perfectly fine.

I appreciate your help :pearlhappy:
-Nick
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: The trial just stops out of a sudden

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks for the report. I'm not seeing any of the usual culprits for this bug, so I may not have more information for you until tomorrow.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

...By which I mean less than an hour.

Good News: There's an easy fix! Just update your first two popups to use links aaonline.fr instead of aceattorney.sparklin.org. The former website exists, but the latter does not.
Bad News: ...By all accounts, the case should have continued, even with the bad link. I've confirmed that the problem only occurs when you also have a character on the scene with the bad popup. I'll look into this more and see if I can solve this for good.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Nick0205

Post by Nick0205 »

What do you mean by "Update your first two popups"? :pearl:
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Change the URLs. The URLs you provided do not lead anywhere. Replace the domain as I said in my previous post. Where you wrote, "aceattorney.sparklin.org", write "aaonline.fr" instead.
Nick0205

Post by Nick0205 »

Where? Sorry I'm not quite fond of this :/
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

On the Popups tab. The Spanish word is "Ventanas," in the section "URL de la imagen".
Nick0205

Post by Nick0205 »

It worked! :pearlhappy:
Thanks a lot!!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I've done some more digging into the bug. The short version is that the old aceattorney.sparklin.org domain exists in a zombie state. Images from there will neither load nor tell AAO that they will not load. Consequently, AAO waits for them to load. In the callback buffer, this causes a trigger that is never resolved, which hangs the display of everything else. If there is a character present, continuing the frame is dependent on the character loading (by text initialization being run as a callback), and with the callback buffer hanging, the character can never load, so the frame can never run.

I'd like to understand what in the world is happening at the old domain before proposing a deeper fix.