[P] [E?] Sliding Young Gavin Sprite

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Big Top Best Top
Spoken languages: English

[P] [E?] Sliding Young Gavin Sprite

Post by Big Top Best Top »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0

Link: http://preview.tinyurl.com/ya2zztdl (save state) - http://aaonline.fr/editor.php?trial_id=98947 (case)

In short, every time it's turn for a right-aligned Young Gavin (on a right-aligned courtroom) to say anything, he's totally off misaligned on the left side of the screen. For some strange reason, every time the text is about done typewriting itself out, he slides to the correct position on the bench.

I don't think I'm messing up the alignment because this happens to no other character. Only Young Gavin. So I think it might be a problem with his sprite and the player, not the editor. The trial starts on Frame 374, but it pretty much happens to every single frame featuring a Young Gavin sprite.

It also doesn't seem to happen to the normal Gavin sprite. Coincidentally, there's no way to control the start-up animation of the Young Gavin sprites.
energizerspark

Re: [P] [E?] Sliding Young Gavin Sprite

Post by energizerspark »

the save doesn't load for me
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Big Top Best Top

energizerspark wrote:the save doesn't load for me
Whoops, I think I need to add people as playtesters. Sry, I'm not exactly sure how this works. Anyways, I just added you, so it should work for you now.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks for the link!

The problem is with that particular image. It's known to be glitched. While it's an easy fix, we would need Unas to fix it. In the meantime, I recommend uploading the correct version of the image to a file hosting site and using that as a custom sprite for that image instead.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Big Top Best Top

Enthalpy wrote:Thanks for the link!

The problem is with that particular image. It's known to be glitched. While it's an easy fix, we would need Unas to fix it. In the meantime, I recommend uploading the correct version of the image to a file hosting site and using that as a custom sprite for that image instead.
Thanks! Though one quick question: how long would the fix take? I don't think I'll have a publishable case anywhere in near future, so if it won't take a super long time, I can just wait for however long it does.

Also, I think besides the sweating sprite, the generic resting image is also glitched.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Knowing how much time Unas has for this site nowadays, I can't make an estimate.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson