[E] Unable to edit (or remove) certain actions on frames

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Semper Solus
Spoken languages: English, עברית, Español
Location: You know, I actually have no idea. I should probably turn off the computer and check.

[E] Unable to edit (or remove) certain actions on frames

Post by Semper Solus »

User string: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Link: http://www.aaonline.fr/editor.php?trial_id=70281 (not the actual trial; I'm shy about unfinished work, but I was able to reproduce the bug elsewhere)
What happened?: I tried to edit the "ask a player to point to a location" action, and nothing popped up. I could ADD the action fine, but I was unable to edit or delete it. The dialog screen did not appear.
What did you expect to happen?: The normal popup occurring like it always does.
Can you reproduce the problem?: Yes and yes. I know for absolute certainty that, on my operating system, on my browser, it is impossible to edit or remove "Ask a player to point to a location.
What did you do before the problem showed up?: I clicked "load from runtime expression" for the background of the location. That is the only constant between the two attempts to create the bug.

I really hope this can be fixed, because my runtime expression is incorrect, but I forget what it was. Can't edit it without reaching the dialog screen! :gray:

UPDATE: Bug was also encountered in Chrome 61, and in my Windows 7 virtual machine. It was not encountered unless the background was loaded from a runtime expression.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [E] Unable to edit (or remove) certain actions on frames

Post by Enthalpy »

Hmm, why does the start of this trial look familiar? Did you make this case in Catalysis? If not, I'm curious why the start of this looks exactly like the opening to my demo case from Catalysis.

I'll look into this one in more detail. I'm probably going to have to fix the trial data manually, which will require you giving me a trial ID.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Semper Solus
Location: You know, I actually have no idea. I should probably turn off the computer and check.

Post by Semper Solus »

Enthalpy wrote:Hmm, why does the start of this trial look familiar? Did you make this case in Catalysis? If not, I'm curious why the start of this looks exactly like the opening to my demo case from Catalysis.

I'll look into this one in more detail. I'm probably going to have to fix the trial data manually, which will require you giving me a trial ID.
It does because I did. "Turnabout Sandbox" is the trial I use to experiment with various AAO engine (and trial-related) features. One of those was getting Catalysis to work.

Good thing, because Catalysis will probably be my fallback option if the only way for me to edit a location selection will be a manual edit from a mod.
(no offense)
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I had a hunch. This is exactly the kind of thing you need to mention in a bug report. Did you use Catalysis for the trial in which you initially found the bug? If you have, send me your Catalysis files.

If you have not, then I'll take a closer look at the demo you sent me. Thanks for being patient with this one. It's been a very busy week on my end. I'm hoping to have time for this again over the weekend.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Semper Solus

Post by Semper Solus »

I didn't mention it because I reproduced the bug in the editor afterward.

I did make both trials initially in Catalysis. To your credit, it's easier.

That said, I hate to make things more difficult, but I just tried to reproduce the bug in a brand new trial made entirely in the editor, and succeeded. Trial ID: 99270.
(same browser and os and everything)

As for how long it's taking, do not feel you have to rush on my account. Pointing at a location loaded from a runtime expression is a rare thing to have to do, and I have since found a (gameplay) workaround for the one time I needed to do it.