[T][CE] A Turnabout Called Justice ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

WhiteZekrom
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] A Turnabout Called Justice ○ [Part 1 Released]

Post by WhiteZekrom »

Nice work! :D Can't wait for the court segment.
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Really enjoyed part 1, although...
Spoiler : :
Might want to check near the end of the investigation; I had 2 Anything Agencies I could move to, but only one gave the Franziska convo I needed. I guess the previous one wasn't hidden properly?
Also, a question: how many parts are there to this, in total?
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Spyromed wrote:
Might want to check near the end of the investigation; I had 2 Anything Agencies I could move to, but only one gave the Franziska convo I needed. I guess the previous one wasn't hidden properly?
Arghh! I've been trying to quash that bug for ages (in fact I noticed it the day of release and went back through to try to fix it again. It seemed like it was fixed, but apparently not). I will take another look at it right now to see if I can fix it.
As to the number of parts, the tentative answer is two. There might be a possibility of three parts, depending on how many frames things stretch out to be. I'm not 100% of the suggested "limit" for a v6 trial in terms of frames, but if it looks like part 2 is going to exceed that, we'll consider breaking it into three parts.

@WhiteZekrom: Thank you!!! I appreciate it; hopefully it won't be too terrible of a wait until part 2!

EDIT:
Spoiler : regarding the bug :
I've just gone back through and added a new measure to try to fix it. I don't know HOW exactly that measure would fix it, but I did another speedrun and I didn't have the issue of the phantom WAA. I was fast-clicking though, so if it happens again for someone else, please let me know. If the problem persists, I honestly have absolutely no clue what would be causing it. :gumshoe:

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Just played through part one and it was AMAZING!
Patrick's sprites and theme are awesome!
Can't wait for the trial to come out!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Thank for playing!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it :mrgreen:

Out of curiosity, did you get the bug with the Wright Anything Agency appearing twice at the end of the case?

trust me, nobody wants part 2 to get finished already more than me lol

Acid Rain
Spoken languages: English, Canadian Redneck English

Post by Acid Rain »

drvonkitty wrote:Thank for playing!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it :mrgreen:

Out of curiosity, did you get the bug with the Wright Anything Agency appearing twice at the end of the case?

Dunno about him, but I did.

Also, I played this! And enjoyed it! It was an overall well-done post-canon hyphen-inducing add-on to Dual Destinies that felt like a real AA case (for the most part). I do have some criticisms, but I'll probably wait until more of the case is released to post them, since they aren't super-critical and I don't think I've got enough to talk about atm.

So far, I rate ATCJ (AKA next-gen MSAT) pretty darn cool/10, and if anyone here hasn't given it a shot yet, you should!

rip less cool ttt banner
keyz05

Post by keyz05 »

Can someone give a walkthrough on the first part for me, please?
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

keyz05 wrote:Can someone give a walkthrough on the first part for me, please?
Spoiler : walkthrough :
WAA - Trucy
Exhaust all talk options
WAA - Wright
Exhaust all talk options
Dressing Room
Examine flag on wall
Select first talk option
Present Bracelet
Point to Trucy's arm at "where Daddy is"
Select second talk option
WAA - Lamiroir
Exhaust all talk options
Present Bracelet
Present Phoenix Wright
Backstage
Exhaust all talk options
Examine the file in the back of the room
Stage
Exhaust all talk options
Present Brushel's file OR keyring

(If Trucy is not at Detention Center, ask Athena "What to do" at the Lobby to debug the issue - it means the last one of the options you did didn't have the coding to check to see if you've completed this section of the investigation)
Detention Center
Exhaust all talk options
Present Attorney's Badge
Exhaust all talk options
Police Department
Exhaust all talk options
Stage
Examine the stained curtain
Examine the box:
{
Examine the area around the box
Examine the box
}
Present Brushel's file
WAA - Franziska
Exhaust all talk options
Spoiler : the bug :
I will check it again when I get a chance and try to figure out why this stupid bug is happening. I have hidden the "phantom" WAA on MULTIPLE FRAMES (including immediately after the Franzy WAA unlocks), so I have NO idea what could be causing the problem. Investigations are hard to do!
Last edited by drvonkitty on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Acid Rain wrote:
drvonkitty wrote:Thank for playing!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it :mrgreen:

Dunno about him, but I did.

Also, I played this! And enjoyed it! It was an overall well-done post-canon hyphen-inducing add-on to Dual Destinies that felt like a real AA case (for the most part). I do have some criticisms, but I'll probably wait until more of the case is released to post them, since they aren't super-critical and I don't think I've got enough to talk about atm.

So far, I rate ATCJ (AKA next-gen MSAT) pretty darn cool/10, and if anyone here hasn't given it a shot yet, you should!
I haven't gotten the chance to play the latest release yet. I'll have to try it fairly soon, but what is MSAT? It sounds familiar, but I can't place the acronym.
Image Image Image
Acid Rain
Spoken languages: English, Canadian Redneck English

Post by Acid Rain »

TheDoctor wrote:I haven't gotten the chance to play the latest release yet. I'll have to try it fairly soon, but what is MSAT? It sounds familiar, but I can't place the acronym.
Mysterious Sirens and Turnabout. It was a a very popular case released, like, five years ago maybe? I might go as far as to say that it was the most popular fancase released at the time (not that I have numbers to back that up). It even had one part of a sequel released before the author removed them.

rip less cool ttt banner
Narokh
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Narokh »

That was a really enjoyable and well made investigation, I too will be curious for the trial part to be released!
Some of the sounds/music would not load for me (assuming that Patrick's scene used custom music and wasn't supposed to be silent :mrgreen:) but I can not tell if that was a problem on my side or not.

That said, may I suggest maybe giving a little prompt once every info on the stage has been found? The "I think this is all we can find here" kind of short little info, as I wasn't really sure if I had found everything or not. This is of course not a big concern at all but I think it would be a bit helpful!
Visit my "Matt Silver: Ace Attorney" Trial Series Thread!

I also have a Sprite Thread.

Current Avatar created by Aer
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

ATCJ Part 1 has been updated and all sounds/assets should work now. (Some images still fail to load for some reason, but I can't figure out which ones as everything seems to load fine in the editor. I'll poke around and see if I can figure out which ones those are.)

Narokh: Thanks for playing!! I'll definitely look at adding a prompt when the investigation can continue to the next "section." I need to cleanup how that process works and make it a bit more streamlined, so I'll take a look ta that soon.

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I can use some "magic" to see if I can figure out which images are the problem, if you don't mind waiting a day or two.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

Enthalpy wrote:I can use some "magic" to see if I can figure out which images are the problem, if you don't mind waiting a day or two.
That would be great - thank you!!

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

My normal method for spotting links that failed didn't uncover much, so I did some digging. I can't guarantee these are the causes, but they look likely:
  • One of Trucy's sprites isn't working and hasn't been for quite some time. Any time a user uses Trucy, this registers as an image that fails to load.
  • You have several slots where you don't give a URL, even though one would be expected. See the custom sprites of your preloader. AAO thinks every time you define a pose, it should see 2 or 3 sprites.
I can do a more thorough analysis if necessary, but I advise just cutting out the unused default poses and seeing if that has any effect on the red bar. It's currently at 3.38542% red.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson