[T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney [Hiatus]

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

[T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney [Hiatus]

Post by Cortonith »

The creator is still on hiatus.
Cortonith is still on training in regards of cross-examinations and things he lacked upon.
-------------------------------------------------------------
[This thing needs to be updated for sure]
So because I need more writing skills and on how I should unleash my creativity (and hardworking) for the fullest, I will make a series of cases, anyway. Soraya "Sora" Mizumi who? She's one of my original characters. She is a defense attorney, debutted at the trial as a witness, while Apollo Justice was the defense attorney of a said case. You may find out who Sora is, later (because her sprites is about to be planned). The story is also about the Cortonith Island, an unfamiliar island to the most people, but it is also the site full of conflicts.

Due to recent tests for each browser, Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney cases, are compatible for Google Chrome users, because the GIFs are surely differently timed, and the GIFs I do made only starts at their respective timers. However, if you rather play on Firefox due to annoying pop-ups off-timed, go ahead. Oh, as someone said, especially once one of my cases was released, pay attention for the sound and image loading bars, to ensure the gameplay. Also, I do not borrow music nor other sprites in the meantime unless it hits onto the story. I appreciate any feedback or even criticism. I'm just... too nervous.

This takes a trial-only series. Yes, I mean it.
WANTED
---------------------------------------------------------------
Writer - I need someone who correct grammar for all of the cases. I'll PM once I'm done making a case.
Main Characters

Soraya "Sora" Mizumi
Debut: Turnabout Persona: Witness
The titular character, and the main protagonist. Soraya Mizumi debutted as a witness before she debut as a defense Attorney at Sworn Turnabout. She has a habit of shouting "Igiari" instead of the usual "Objection"; also uses "Hold It" and "Take That".

Morrigan "Martha" Witherwood
Debut: Turnabout Persona: Defendant
The central character of the series, Martha Witherwood is notorious of her own demonic persona, which she transforms into a demonic-like being at will, especially once she experience serious hatred from other people. It is known to Martha to be the "Demonic Wanderer" due to her unstable channeling into having a demonic form, leading to her powerful abilities to be shown, and to have a lot of criminal records. To handle her own life, she befriended a demon to stop the curse into getting worse. However, it leads her voice being permanently demonic no matter how she changes her tone. Due to her demonic persona, Martha's spiritual power is immense, bringing to the point of invoking fire even if not meditating.

Shiro Maizono
Debut: Twisted Turnabout: Undercover Detective
An undercover detective, Shiro Maizono doesn't show up at any police meetings, but he investigates by himself. He is currently dubbed as "Maizono of the Black Mist" due to his stealthy tactics of fighting, restricting people from entering the room, and investigating. He also has to leave out a black strip of a red warning sign, a red "Keep Out", and a red "Demonic Entities Are Still In" to totally ensure the safety of the crime scene while he has to carry a sword while investigating.

Hakari Mikagami / Justine Courtney
Debut: Twisted Turnabout: Judge
Hakari Mikagami recurred from Gyakuten Kenji 2, as Justine Courtney. However, she then debut as a judge for the rest of the cases in the Cortonith Island.

Recurring Characters

Sergei Yamarov
Debut: Turnabout Persona: Witness / Co-Counsel
A guy who doesn't show his true feelings by expressions, but does show by means of mental analysis, Sergei Yamarov is the First Lieutenant of the Dirnbeck troupe. He promoted to Major after Morty's final moments, renaming the troupe to Yamarov troupe. Sergei has some experience in law. His real name is "Alexei Yamarov", he took the name "Sergei Yamarov" after his father with the same name died, stating the latter's last words to continue his duty and continue as that name.

Tassel Terry "Tester" McDonnell
Debut: Twisted Turnabout: Prosecutor
Tester McDonnell is an old prosecutor, aging at 43. More details later.

Dmac Ulangan
Debut: Twisted Turnabout: Detective / Certain Police Squad Leader
Dmac Ulangan is a policeman who leads the frontline on investigation and in fighting with his so-called "Dmac Squad", which consts of policemen who are black and some of them are even looked like Dmac himself.

Case-Specific Characters
Spoiler : Case #1: Turnabout Persona :
Apollo Justice
Apollo Justice is a defense attorney, who is also present in the case of Martha Witherwood. In the trial, he can be played, but his bracelet he just brought, is found to be a bogus. The real one left behind on his house.

Winston Payne
A person who has "low presence", Winston Payne is a prosecutor who is also present in the case of Martha Witherwood.

Morty Dirnbeck
A superior officer of the Dirnbeck Troupe, Major Morty Dirnbeck is the victim of this case. Sergei Yamarov took his place on succession.

Reika Hatobu
A girl who is famed as "the Heartbreaker", Reika Hatobu is a renowned sniper. However, she almost killed Martha Witherwood, instead Martha managed to dodge it. Is not present in the trial, but is present in the crime scene.

Byron Molotov
A red soldier, Byron Molotov is a guy who talks way too fast. However, his accurate mouth still let the Dirnbeck Troupe to understand what he is still staying.

The Honorable Judge
A judge that is present in most of the canon cases, the good ol' Honorable Judge has to hand down the verdict to the trial once more.
Spoiler : Case #2: Twisted Turnabout :
Rodrigo Mizanin
A total loner who seeks for love. It always fails but he was now a defendant of the case for the murder of Kyla Sinque. He wasn't fluent in grammar.

Kyla Sinque
The seventh and the last person who made Mizanin busted. She was then murdered by someone.

Stella Sinque
The sister of Kyla Sinque, Stella was a rookie tennis player.
Current Cases
[Screenshots: Not Available]
Difficulty: Very Easy
Playable Character: Apollo Justice [on trial]; Soraya "Sora" Mizumi [at the end of the trial]
Defense Attorney: Apollo Justice
Prosecutor: Winston Payne
Defendant: Morrigan "Martha" Witherwood
Unspoiled Witnesses: Soraya "Sora" Mizumi

This case is rather a prologue before Soraya Mizumi's debut as a lawyer at Cortonith Island. This case revolves around a central character named Martha Witherwood which she was currently the "Most Wanted" in the island, due to numerous incidents regarding about her demonic persona.

Three years ago, and some days after the test trial when the Jurist System is involved, it all starts when Martha Witherwood, who left the Cortonith Island due to her notoriety within the island, so she stayed at Los Angeles but she ended up arrested of murder, after her signature sword is found on the crime scene. She then hired Apollo Justice, hoping to clear her name in the city. This case is said to be Soraya Mizumi's debut as a witness, due to her bar examinations into being a lawyer, though she failed numerous times, before she passed, and became a defense attorney at the Cortonith Island.

This case, is also a prologue case prior from months ago before Soraya's first trial as a lawyer.

A writer has been hired for this case and is currently battling against grammatical errors.
Spoiler : Spoiler: Bonus Stuff :
This case shows Martha's powers such as telepathy, though Apollo responds by his own thoughts, as Martha can read one's thought. Due to her unstable demonic persona, there is a special bad ending if you lose.
Spoiler : Spoiler: The Story :
Defense Attorney: Apollo Justice
Defendant: Martha Witherwood
Prosecutor: Winston Payne
Victim: Morty Dirnbeck
Guilty: Byron Molotov
Witnesses: Sergei Yamarov, Byron Molotov, Soraya "Sora" Mizumi
Judge: Same Good Ol' Judge
Special: Get a "Guilty" verdict to get a special bad ending.

What: The crime is all about Martha Witherwood having a demonic persona, while the killer frames Martha due to her dagger involved in such a crime, though Martha used it for sparring or fighting tournaments.
Where: Port Angelo, Yamarov Sector
When: November 10 (Trial); November 8 (Crime)
Why: Byron did the crime because Morty has not just higher power than his, so he has to kill him so that he has to be promoted, but Sergei Yamarov is promoted instead, but also Morty did warn Byron to be more formal on his own duties (but not stated). Byron also is aware of Martha's rampage at Cortonith Island, that Martha managed to escape to Los Angeles, so he took advantage as he took Martha's dagger, as a murder weapon.
How: Byron stole one of Martha's daggers, thus using it to stab Morty on the back. However, because he is spotted by Soraya's video habits (before Soraya's busy days as Defense Attorney), but she is very late; it's over for him.
Progress:
Revised Plan: 0%
Case #2: Twisted Turnabout
[Difficulty: Easy]
Playable Character: Soraya Mizumi
Defense Attorney: Soraya Mizumi
Defense Investigator: Shiro Maizono
Co-Counsel: Shiro Maizono
Prosecutor: Tassel Terry "Tester" McDonnell
Victim: Kyla Sinque
Defendant: Rodrigo Mizanin
Judge: Hakari Mikagami
Unspoiled Witnesses: Dmac Ulangan, Stella Sinque, Martha Witherwood

As Soraya Mizumi landed to the Cortonith Island, she finally got a home at the Black Rose Park, however it was Maizono's Hideout. Near the hideout, Martha witnessed Rodrigo Mizanin got busted from Kyla Sinque. However, some hours later, the latter was killed. Hopeless, Rodrigo Mizanin, the one who got busted 7 times out of bad luck, "sealed his fate". Martha, told Soraya to defend Mizanin in the court, and Soraya willingly accepted it. Thus Rodrigo Mizanin was in love of Martha afterwards.
Case #3: Spared Turnabout
[Difficulty: Easy]
Victim: Marcovius Cartavius
Defendant: Regina "Rei" Turney
Unspoiled Witnesses: Martha Witherwood
Spoiler : Future Cases :
Case #4: Branded Turnabout
[Difficulty: Normal]
Victim: Steven Stolf, Gus Strauss, Gayle Strauss
Defendant: Lorelei Von Brandt (nee. Stolf)
Unspoiled Witnesses: Suzanna Stolf

Burned mansion leading to the blacksmith arrested. Lorelei was suspected of the murder of three following people: Steven Stolf, Gus Strauss, and Gayle Strauss. However, this leads to the case unsolved and who is really is the murderer.
Case #5: Turnabout Weakness
Prosecutor: Miles Edgeworth
Victim: Arsenio Cortez
Defendant: Regina "Rei" Turney
Unspoiled Witnesses: Srdjan Dongers, Arselia "Celia" Cortez

A visit by Miles Edgeworth to check out the island by himself, he was then welcomed into the island as the Prosecutor, and the Chief Prosecutor when he is at Los Angeles. Regina was then suspected of a murder after going to a beer drinking competition when Arsenio Cortez was poisoned to death. As Regina unleashed her final moments, she called out the true murderer.
Case #6: Sky-high Turnabout
Prosecutor: Julia Witherwood
Victim: Bryan Brockston, Marilyn Frenchlight, Larissa Lightsworn (still alive, but missing in action)
Defendant: Wilbur Amberfly
Unspoiled Witnesses: Wilbur Amberfly

As Tester is away, Tester send Soraya a message as a congratulations. Meanwhile, a new prosecutor stepped from the rift: Julia Witherwood, a fraternal twin of Martha Witherwood. Lyka Deathlock was then suspected of a murder after her demonic persona unleashed in front of the murderer.
Case #7: Turnabout Side Effect
[Difficulty: Hard]
Victim: Taiko Shin
Defendant: Lyka Deathlock
Unspoiled Witnesses: Regina Turney, Kroko Shin

As Tester is away, Tester send Soraya a message as a congratulations. Meanwhile, a new prosecutor stepped from the rift: Julia Witherwood, a fraternal twin of Martha Witherwood. Lyka Deathlock was then suspected of a murder after her demonic persona unleashed in front of the murderer.
Case #8: Turnabout Transcendence
[Difficulty: Hard]
Victims: Norman Madman, Bean Madman, Marik Madman
Defendant: Corey Juno
Unspoiled Witnesses: Futuria Grosvenor, Selene Millene, Sabrina Millene

Soraya seemed that she is attacked by someone named "Hecate", but it was not. However, Soraya noticed herself that she has changed bit by bit as she goes. Spending meditation hours as a tip by the mysterious entity, until the trial comes up. Corey Juno hired Soraya to defend her in the court.
Case #9: Turnabout Racism
[Difficulty: Very Hard]
Victim: Mariska Rollo, Martha Witherwood (target for racism, not killed)
Defendant: Julia Witherwood
Unspoiled Witnesses: TBA

Martha was framed for racism, and Julia was then accused of murdering Mariska Rollo and being a framer, by Tester McDonnell as his comeback, Soraya has to defend Martha's fraternal twin to clear her name out of the record.
Case #10: Eternal Turnabout
[Difficulty: Very Hard]
Prosecutor: Christian Frenchlight
Victim: Ray Waymaker, Rodrigo Mizanin (injured)
Defendant: Lyka Deathlock
Unspoiled Witnesses: TBA

There is no turning back for the truth. Soraya Mizumi realized about her birth certificate that she was named "Sorath Mizumi". She was then horrified that what was real is real, as she gets back to the Witherwood Mansion for the files, and finding Julius Witherwood's secret files. Christian took a critical hit to Sora's real identity, Sorath loses, walked away from the court, showing bloody tears as she go. Realizing that she failed to protect her friends, as Lyka gets arrested, Sorath finally unleashed her true persona, this wonders Martha and Regina. Lyka, however, was under the loose, thanks to Martha Witherwood and Regina Turney.
Final Case: Turnabout Destruction
[Difficulty: Insane]
Prosecutor: Christian Frenchlight
Victims: Maryssa Belphen, Corey Juno (moderately injured), Sergei Yamarov (grievously injured)
Defendant: Martha Witherwood
Unspoiled Witnesses: Shiro Maizono, Lyka Deathlock, Regina Turney

The trial of the century has been started, though Lyka Deathlock managed to escape, thanks to Martha and Regina. However, the final battle has to start.
Credits
Spoiler : Credits :
Nicky Boy: For helping out on some "minor help" in regards of sound uploading and on the Game Over sequence. Not all of the help he did are helpful, but instead all of the help he has done is just a set of clues.

SuperAj: A big credit for the Custom AA Court.

Negatious: For fixing grammatical mistakes or errors for Case #1 (About to do that).
Last edited by Cortonith on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 88 times in total.
Currently on massive training. The only way to contact me for now is Discord.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney: The Cortonith Island [○

Post by Enthalpy »

Good luck on the project!

Just to let you know, the case status dots don't need to be in brackets.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Re: [T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney: The Cortonith Island ○

Post by Cortonith »

Just did some work. However, due to school, I might work slowly or faster depending on the situation.
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Re: [T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney: The Cortonith Island ●○

Post by Cortonith »

Case #1 is released.
Blizdi
Spoken languages: English

Post by Blizdi »

This case's problem is the way it's worded, and the grammar is all over the place. If you want, you can add me as a collaborator and I can change all the text to be a lot more natural in English
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Post by Cortonith »

I understand about that. To note that I'm not fluent in English, and I actually am not native in English (I do am fluent in spelling, but not the grammar). I'll work on it later, too.

Besides, it is on late beta, so this means there's only a few errors, and I already expected the grammar would be the main point of mistake, even that was pointed out when I was on the other forums some years ago.

I do not need collaborators for now, because I believe I should learn more things myself in first cases.
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney [Need Feedback!]

Post by Cortonith »

Legal bump, and I actually need feedback or criticism in Case #1. Thank you!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Re: [T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney ●○○○○○○○○○ [Need Feedbac

Post by Enthalpy »

I looked over it briefly, and the English could still use improvement. Have you considered putting up a help request here?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Re: [T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney ●○○○○○○○○○ [Need Feedbac

Post by Cortonith »

Aw, I thought one has to play a trial. ;_;

...okay.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Re: [T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney ●○○○○○○○○○

Post by Enthalpy »

I tried to play through the case, but I found a glitch on the second cross-examination. When I press the last statement, it takes me to the press conversation from two statements earlier, which is exactly the same as the press conversation that I just saw.

Did you mean for two different statements to have the same press conversation? If so, why?
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Post by Cortonith »

I don't know that it would be a mistake, alright, I'll fix it. :P

EDIT: It has been fixed. :)
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Okay, one other glitch I noticed - you shouldn't use any smooth scrolling commands other than "linear" or "none" until the next AAO update. We introduced a bug in the last version that causes other scrolling types to break your trial when combined with timed frames (frame 236). I recommend that you set it to linear until the next AAO update.
Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Post by Cortonith »

I see. I wasn't familiar of the bugs. :P
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Re: [T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney ●○○○○○○○○○○

Post by Enthalpy »

Alright. I finished playing through this case, and I have a quick question.
Spoiler : :
What do you think the purpose of cross-examinations and contradictions are?

I would like to hear your thought process behind putting in the fist contradiction.
RedeyesofDN
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney ●○○○○○○○○○○

Post by RedeyesofDN »

My thoughts and crtique.
Spoiler : :
Good Day!

I just played your first case, well done for putting something together and presenting it. That's more than a ton of people ever do. All in all, I had fun. There are some things that I'd like to leave my input on though.

Even before reading the thread I could tell English wasn't your native tongue - it would be wise to collaborate with someone who is more familiar with the rules of grammar regarding the language, as it can be quite jarring. Another matter is that your logic, while it functions it isn't smooth. It breaks my immersion when things move from point to point with no sense of fluidity, which is a shame because I can see a glimmer of potential with the story your trying to tell. Without polish though it doesn't connect strongly with your reader.

I won't cover the cross-examinations, as I believe Enth beat me to the punch.~ There some legitimate criticisms to be had there. The last thing I'll comment on is your characters, your culprit didn't leave much of an impression, and your second witness wasn't explored nearly enough. A world is not built best with description, but with the interactions of the people in it. Having them bounce of each other can be a real treat, and can be the most memorable part of any trial (I'm still fond of and remember DwAM's 'Turnabout Tomorrow' for its interactions with Cross and Masterson, for example.)

That's all for now. I hope you take the experiences and learn from it, and use it to improve yourself. I look foreword to see where you go from here!