[T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney [Hiatus]

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Cortonith
Spoken languages:  

Re: [T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney [Hiatus]

Post by Cortonith »

Enthalpy wrote:Alright. I finished playing through this case, and I have a quick question.
Spoiler : :
What do you think the purpose of cross-examinations and contradictions are?

I would like to hear your thought process behind putting in the fist contradiction.
:yogi:

Somehow, I still had no experience on making CEs and contradictions though, that I do not know the purposes of them. *cries heavily* :cry:
RedeyesofDN wrote:My thoughts and crtique.
Spoiler : :
Good Day!

I just played your first case, well done for putting something together and presenting it. That's more than a ton of people ever do. All in all, I had fun. There are some things that I'd like to leave my input on though.

Even before reading the thread I could tell English wasn't your native tongue - it would be wise to collaborate with someone who is more familiar with the rules of grammar regarding the language, as it can be quite jarring. Another matter is that your logic, while it functions it isn't smooth. It breaks my immersion when things move from point to point with no sense of fluidity, which is a shame because I can see a glimmer of potential with the story your trying to tell. Without polish though it doesn't connect strongly with your reader.

I won't cover the cross-examinations, as I believe Enth beat me to the punch.~ There some legitimate criticisms to be had there. The last thing I'll comment on is your characters, your culprit didn't leave much of an impression, and your second witness wasn't explored nearly enough. A world is not built best with description, but with the interactions of the people in it. Having them bounce of each other can be a real treat, and can be the most memorable part of any trial (I'm still fond of and remember DwAM's 'Turnabout Tomorrow' for its interactions with Cross and Masterson, for example.)

That's all for now. I hope you take the experiences and learn from it, and use it to improve yourself. I look foreword to see where you go from here!
I-I see.

Going on hiatus for a massive training.
Currently on massive training. The only way to contact me for now is Discord.
RedeyesofDN
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Soraya Mizumi: Ace Attorney [Hiatus]

Post by RedeyesofDN »

Never feel bad for what you don't know, how could you if you don't know it! The best way to learn is through the people who have more experience than you, and reading works that you enjoy. Seeing the work of others, both good and bad, can tell you what works and what doesn't. It took me years to grasp a fundamental understanding of writing to the degree I do, and I'm sure many people here have similar stories with regards to that.

There's a plethora of information here specifically about trial making on this website for example, and it would be wise to read up on that when you get the chance, I think. And if you choose to rewrite your case, I have no doubt it would be better than before. Good luck and have fun!