Ace attorney: Athena Cykes Moodful Justice

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

omegathetracker
Spoken languages: English

Re: Ace attorney: Athena Cykes Moodful Justice

Post by omegathetracker »

I need advice... please..
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

The first question you want to ask yourself is if you want this first case to be part of a larger story, the same way the first case of Dual Destinies had to do with The Phantom and the events of the last two cases.

I recommend not making this part of a larger story, because that's more complicated. A stand-alone case or two featuring Athena would be better for somebody just starting out.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
omegathetracker
Spoken languages: English

Post by omegathetracker »

I finished it...
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I wasn't clear in my last post; apologies.

I wanted you to let me know you when you had made your decision. I wasn't asking you to do it all just from that question.

Based on the latest edit, I assume you want this to be a stand-alone case. Good! But...
Spoiler : :
The two contradictions break rules 5 and 7 of my tutorial. Cross-examinations should help the player figure out the mystery, and we should know in hindsight why the killer made these mistakes.

Let's try this: Let's go for a simple trial. The only witness is the killer, and we have no more than four contradictions. Let's start by thinking of a reason we might suspect the killer. A classic one is the witness knows something only the killer should know. Can you think of anything like that? Let me know if you do.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Sajaki
Spoken languages: English, Limited Deutsche

Post by Sajaki »

Just a side note, the investigations court looks really weird with the sprites and I'm not really sure why you used them when you can use the normal courtroom which fit the sprites a lot more. I mean, I can appreciate the effort but it's only worth it if it adds something to your case which here it didn't. I don't know how you got the custom art but I think you should've spent more time on the writing and puzzles as those are unfortunately, not fleshed out enough. Hopefully I didn't sound overly negative.