[T] Michael Eaglesworth: Ace Attorney - Ius Consilio ○○○○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Equestria_Tales
Spoken languages: English

[T] Michael Eaglesworth: Ace Attorney - Ius Consilio ○○○○○

Post by Equestria_Tales »

Coming Soon
"When the price of a lawyer is too high... The State will provide one for you."
Accompany public defender, Michael Eaglesworth, one of a select few who are assigned the cases which no private attorney will touch. Set in 2015, experience the days before Phoenix Wright rose to prominence as people, recognisable and otherwise, cross paths with an attorney that was once blinded by the glittering prospect of being a champion of justice. Watch the inner workings of the legal system turn without the glamour of epic rivalries and unbeaten legal professionals. Prepare for life in the danger zone, where no preparation is the order of the day and a guilty verdict is the most likely outcome.
Credits:
Case 1 - The Chocolate Turnabout (Coming Soon)
Clemens Sigurt Sprites - Radian
Theresa Rheinhart Sprites - DragonTrainer
Detective Bruce Goodman Sprites - Mikker

Sample Sprites
ImageImageImage
Spoiler : Notes :
To provide some extra detail, which may or may not have already been provided above. This is a fan game which will consist of five trials that Michael Eaglesworth,
a public defender, will defend individuals who either can't afford an attorney or refused assistance by them. The premise will attempt to remain within the established Ace Attorney canon as much as possible, while also having familiar characters appear.

The sub-title used, Ius Consilio, is a very bad Latin translation of "The Right To Counsel". The legal concept that everyone, even those who are blatantly guilty, have the right to have a legal professional fight their corner.

A number of sprites for prosecutor Clemens Sigurt, a character created by Radian, have been updated for use throughout the five trials.

For those cringing at the name for the main character, permit me to shed some light on that. I was attending a convention a number of years ago in the form of Miles Edgeworth.
Upon realising there was a cosplay competition, I entered into it. However, the host of the contest, who was Swedish, accidentally botched the name I'd written down, which was,
naturally, Miles Edgeworth. She instead stated "Michaels Eaglesworth". When considering a name for the main character, the first that popped into my head was this young lady's botched attempt at Miles Edgeworth and so the name stuck.
Last edited by Equestria_Tales on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gamer2002

Re: [T] Michael Eaglesworth: Ace Attorney - Ius Consilio ☆☆☆

Post by Gamer2002 »

>public defender
You have my attention, good luck with the concept.

But one thing to note - empty stars mark finished trials that are being checked by reviewers if they are worthy of being featured (featured trials are marked by full star), unreleased trials are marked by empty circles.
Equestria_Tales

Re: [T] Michael Eaglesworth: Ace Attorney - Ius Consilio ☆☆☆

Ah, thank you for pointing that out. When I read the rules, I interpreted circles as chapters of trials, while stars were entire trials. I shall make the necessary change immediately.
Blizdi

Re: [T] Michael Eaglesworth: Ace Attorney - Ius Consilio ○○○

Post by Blizdi »

Gotta say, the concept of the protagonist randomly being assigned to seemingly unwinnable hopeless cases without the ability to even consider the case is an extremely unique concept
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Let's not forget that you even can't be picky regardless of your client's guilt or innocence :P
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Mhm, public defenders have to take the cases they are assigned without question
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

...Or based on the character's personality. Apollo might have turned down 4-2 if he had a chance to talk to Wocky.

Looking forward to this series!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Equestria_Tales

Almost a month has elapsed since Ius Consilio was revealed and I feel it is only fair that I provide an update regarding the progress being made on The Chocolate Turnabout, the first case.

At this time, two out of five testimonies have been set up and all of the necessary questions in between have been crafted. As a little bit of a teaser or taste of what's to be expected, Detective Goodman will be taking the stand as the first detective to appear in Ius Consilio, but he won't be the only detective appearing throughout the game. Clemens Sigurt will be appearing as the prosecutor, but he won't be the only one that will make an appearance during the course of this game. If all goes to plan, you will see four prosecutors during the course of these five cases, one of whom, naturally, is Sigurt.

I also wish to apologise for those eager to get their teeth into this, but are forced to wait. I was expecting the first trial to be finished by the end of the first week of December, but Hofstadter's Law struck again.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it!