[DEV BETA - INTRO STATE] The Twin-Tailed Turnabout

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

DylanTheProGamer
Spoken languages: English

[DEV BETA - INTRO STATE] The Twin-Tailed Turnabout

Post by DylanTheProGamer »

--EDIT 3--
The intro has now been updated, the lobby part is now included (still placeholder sprites are included). Search the name of the trial or enter the link on Edit 2.

--EDIT 2--
The intro of this case has now been recreated. This time, the intro is now published. But the lobby part is not included, I will update the intro in order to add the lobby back. If you would like a direct link to the case: http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=106646

--EDIT--
Due to the destruction of data on this case, I will have to delete and recreate the intro from scratch. For now, the link will be obsolete below. I'll try to publish the intro again in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Old Post:
Spoiler : :
I am currently making a case called, "The Twin-Tailed Turnabout", originally made by whoisthisgit's: "Tails Abuse In Court". This uses sonic characters like Sonic, Tails and Dr. Robotnik, but custom sprites are not yet planned. Instead, placeholder sprites are included (but with expressions). This case is not released to the public because of development, but, I created the intro (plus, the lobby part before the court) of this turnabout. http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=106429
Last edited by DylanTheProGamer on Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sup there people!
Currently creating a case called, "The Twin-Tailed Turnabout", originally made by whoisthisgit's: "Tails Abuse In Court"!
DylanTheProGamer

Re: [DEV BETA - INTRO STATE] The Twin-Tailed Turnabout

Also, I'll leave submissions open for spriters, and playtesters, if anyone likes to help with this project! You can PM me or reply to this post if you would like to help out!
Sup there people!
Currently creating a case called, "The Twin-Tailed Turnabout", originally made by whoisthisgit's: "Tails Abuse In Court"!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm a little confused. If you're recreating a case, why would you need playtesters? To check for consistency with the original? To improve on the original?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DylanTheProGamer

I'm still working on development for this case. So, I just wanted to send the intro to just see how people will think of it, just for probably reviews or somethin'. Despite needing custom sprites (and I can't find images on Google), I'm stuck with placeholder sprites.

Sorry for any inconvenience about my post. If I needed playtesters, I would just say 'PM me', but I just wanted reviews. (Although this case is not publicized yet)
Sup there people!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

But you did say playtesters should PM you:
DylanTheProGamer wrote:Also, I'll leave submissions open for spriters, and playtesters, if anyone likes to help with this project! You can PM me or reply to this post if you would like to help out!
And again, are you recreating a case that's been lost? Making a case inspired off it? Recreating, but making your own changes to improve it...?

I don't mean to cross-examine you, but it's difficult to get excited about a project without knowing what it is.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DylanTheProGamer

Enthalpy wrote:But you did say playtesters should PM you:
DylanTheProGamer wrote:Also, I'll leave submissions open for spriters, and playtesters, if anyone likes to help with this project! You can PM me or reply to this post if you would like to help out!
And again, are you recreating a case that's been lost? Making a case inspired off it? Recreating, but making your own changes to improve it...?

I don't mean to cross-examine you, but it's difficult to get excited about a project without knowing what it is.
Ok, to come clean, I am recreating a case that came on YouTube. Because when I saw there were Sonic characters in Ace Attorney, that's when I decided to create this on Ace Attorney Online. Remember that I said about whoisthisgit? This channel's the one who did create this whole case called 'Tails Abuse in Court'. But really, it was renamed to 'The Twin-Tailed Turnabout' when he made a remake from the original.
Sup there people!
DylanTheProGamer

I even made an image of this turnabout!

Sup there people!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

And with that clarification, I need to put my moderator hat on and ask you to get permission from the original author before going forward with this project. It sounds like a remake is already in the works, endorsed by the author, and he has a video of part of it up on his YouTube channel.

Let me know when you hear back from him.
DylanTheProGamer

Enthalpy wrote:And with that clarification, I need to put my moderator hat on and ask you to get permission from the original author before going forward with this project. It sounds like a remake is already in the works, endorsed by the author, and he has a video of part of it up on his YouTube channel.

Let me know when you hear back from him.
Alright! I'll check with the user!
Sup there people!
DylanTheProGamer

Quick Update! The original user still didn't reply to me yet, but I know that someone started a project according to the original trial. The YouTuber's name is Joey Crick, this is the user who also continued a project like the original case, but he discontinued it because of this note:

NOTICE: I'm sorry to disappoint those looking forward to seeing this finished, but I've decided to cancel this project. I've been getting sidetracked with other stuff, and this game wound up being forgotten. I have other projects in the works, so it's very unlikely that I'll come back to this one. If you still want to know what happens, you can watch Whoisthisgit's original Tails Abuse In Court videos.
By the way, thank you, Whoisthisgit, for introducing me to one of the best video games I've ever played. I deeply appreciate it.

Here's a link to the video, this is a 3-part video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwjmAg0pbIo
Sup there people!
DylanTheProGamer

Hmm... I seem to have something in mind. I can still continue the case, but I have to include whoisthisgit in the disclaimer so that people know that this case was originally made by that user, and I only ported it to aaonline.fr for people to play it.

You don't mind that I can continue the case even though I didn't get an official decision yet? What I can do is put that user in disclaimer and credit, so that I won't get a strike. Is that ok?
Sup there people!
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I do mind. No permission from the original author, no porting.
DylanTheProGamer

Enthalpy wrote:I do mind. No permission from the original author, no porting.
I see <_<
Sup there people!