[T] Hermes Aura Ace Prosecutor [CANCELED]

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

DetectiveWhite
Spoken languages: Español, Inglés, Portugués

Re: [T] Hermes Aura Ace Prosecutor ●○○○○

Post by DetectiveWhite »

Sleuth wrote:aw yeah im always down for new trials. heres my quick thoughts on Case 1.
Spoiler : :
Overall, I think this is a pretty solid first case! The setup and crime are clear, you get who everyone is pretty quickly, and the contradictions are understandable. I think the story works too-- A simple "first case" thing where nothing's too complex, but it's a bit different when the prosecutor has to basically find the truth and interject where the defense doesn't, and makes the protag work against his own job in order to find the truth. I'm interested to see how this goes further, how the cases will make the prosecutor role work in the story, and how better defense attorneys will change up the protagonist's reactions and actions.

In my opinion, the biggest flaw of this game is the second half; there's simply no gameplay as Hermes figures out the crime and does the final showdown, which should feel cool and all, but there's no questions or present evidence bits, making it all fall a bit flat as the game does it all for you. It can probably be hard to figure out how to work that all naturally, but I think it'd be better if in Hermes's big final logic route, you made it so the player had to present evidence and figure out the crime more. That's the biggest flaw in this game, I believe, since it had me up until then, but then I found myself just kinda watching as the game finished itself.

Overall, good work! Solid first case.
You're not the first one saying this and I agree, the final act could have more interaction of the player, but I'll work on it in the further cases, thanks for your thoughts about my case! ^^
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

I'm playing through this in full now! Here are my thoughts so far (also nice to see someone's helping with translations!)
Spoiler : My thoughts :
Good stuff:
  • I really like how well Yu Narukami's sprites work with this!
  • I like how you built the character of the defendant, and the idea that Lassandra bribed Payne to rush to a guilty verdict.
  • Same with Lassandra wanting to remain silent, that was an interesting turn!
Some pointers for improvement
  • There's a tutorial in the v6 Tutorials thread on how to center text. It'll make the presentation look nicer! :larry:
  • I got a little confused as to what necklace was sold in the first testimony. The 'Press' statement helped clarify this though which was good!
  • Things moved a little quickly at the beginning, and I think Lassandra didn't have enough screen time to command control of the scene and demand an early verdict like that. I think giving her a bit more dialogue between testimonies might give her more of a chance to gain some control.
Overall I liked the presentation of this a lot! Clever use of sprites and external music!
The story was a little bit rushed, but it was a good set up, and with a bit more polish and dialogue, it will add a lot more depth to what you currently have!
Good job so far! I'll make sure to try case 2 when it's ready!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
DetectiveWhite

Post by DetectiveWhite »

SuperAj3 wrote:I'm playing through this in full now! Here are my thoughts so far (also nice to see someone's helping with translations!)
Spoiler : My thoughts :
Good stuff:
  • I really like how well Yu Narukami's sprites work with this!
  • I like how you built the character of the defendant, and the idea that Lassandra bribed Payne to rush to a guilty verdict.
  • Same with Lassandra wanting to remain silent, that was an interesting turn!
Some pointers for improvement
  • There's a tutorial in the v6 Tutorials thread on how to center text. It'll make the presentation look nicer! :larry:
  • I got a little confused as to what necklace was sold in the first testimony. The 'Press' statement helped clarify this though which was good!
  • Things moved a little quickly at the beginning, and I think Lassandra didn't have enough screen time to command control of the scene and demand an early verdict like that. I think giving her a bit more dialogue between testimonies might give her more of a chance to gain some control.
Overall I liked the presentation of this a lot! Clever use of sprites and external music!
The story was a little bit rushed, but it was a good set up, and with a bit more polish and dialogue, it will add a lot more depth to what you currently have!
Good job so far! I'll make sure to try case 2 when it's ready!
Thanks for your thoughts, is this kind of commentary I really appreciate to improve even more, I'll make sure to improve this matters you pointed and the part 2 of the case 2 is already being do, so won't take so long.
DetectiveWhite

Re: [T] Hermes Aura Ace Prosecutor [CANCELED]

Post by DetectiveWhite »

So, I think after so long I need to give an explanation of the delay, for starters, when I started making my cases I was very newbie and had no idea how many things worked, I made cases that only lasted 5 minutes and I thought it was amazing and was inspired to do more.
But it happened that I started to have an onset of depression, I was stopping taking care of myself, talking to my friends, I was just dropping everything because I felt horrible and discouraged, so I stopped responding to a lot of people, I left some servers from Discord and only when I recovered that I realized that I had lost time in my life.
So I decided to cancel all of my series and start all over again, a new fresh start, and I hope that people who still expected something from those series be happy with what is coming, because I learned so much during that time out.

I hope to see each other again.

--DetectiveWhite.
MedicInDisquise
Spoken languages: English

Post by MedicInDisquise »

Hope you get better, man. Getting burntout happens to a lot of people, but I did enjoy the cases you made, especially this one. Looking forward to whatever you make next!
DetectiveWhite

Post by DetectiveWhite »

MedicInDisquise wrote:Hope you get better, man. Getting burntout happens to a lot of people, but I did enjoy the cases you made, especially this one. Looking forward to whatever you make next!
Thanks dude, I'm actually writing the script for my next project, something more planned and may take some time, but will be worth of all that time put on it.