[T] [CE] [DGS♫] The Supreme Turnabout ●○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Salamence
Spoken languages: English

[T] [CE] [DGS♫] The Supreme Turnabout ●○○

Post by Salamence »

Entry for the Setting the Stage competition, hosted by Bigwins

This case contains spoilers for Apollo Justice and Dual Destinies. It also contains non-spoilery music tracks from DGS 1.

Part 1
Part 2 coming soon
Part 3 won't be coming anytime soon

Premise: (Contains Dual Destinies spoilers)
Spoiler : :
During the investigation for the murder of Clay Terran, Aura Blackquill kidnapped many hostages, including Phoenix Wright's Daughter, Trucy Wright. After the conclusion of the following trial, Aura turned herself over to the police.

Months later, Apollo and Phoenix head to the supreme court to defend her. However, something unexpected happens, cancelling the trial...
Credits:
Sprites:
Dual Destinies Phoenix: Hesseldahl
Maggey Bryde extra poses: Sligneris
Samuel Bryne: Lind
Sherise Starna: Lind
William Fredrick: Ceres

Music:
Outside: Hotel Dusk ~ Serinity
William Fredrick - Justice Supreme: Age of Empires 2 Title Theme
The Trial Has Begun: Pokemon Black and White Victory Road Remastered by Alpha Remastered
Cross Examination - Moderato 2001 remix by Eiche
Pursuit - Pursue the details: DDC Stage 5 Theme: The Shining Needle Castle Sinking in the Air
Song That Plays During The Secret CE: Octopath Traveler OST - Battle at Journey's End
DGS music:
The Great Straying ~ Suspense
Trial in Disorder
Barok Van Zieks ~ Grim Reaper of the Old Bailey

Special Thanks:
clcman - for helping me a LOT with coding
Bigwins - for hosting the comp
Gamer2002, the.armenator, forgivenknight77, and birbisthe word - Playtesters
Walkthrough:
1st CE:
Press all statements

2nd CE:
Press 3rd statement
Choose “Yes”
Present Pistol

Select “Glove Marks”
Select “Before we heard the gunshot”

(this next part is optional, and it will end with a penalty)
To access secret CE:
Choose Knife (You should save first)
Secret CE:
Present Autopsy report on statement 1
End of secret CE

Choose “Suppressor”
Present anything, it won’t matter

(Another optional part, it ends with a bad ending)
Select “Gundew” (again, you should save first)
Ending 1

Select “Another Gun”
Present Sherise Starna’s profile
Present Samuel Bryne’s profile

End of part 1
Last edited by Salamence on Wed May 01, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Part 1 complete

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: [T] [DGS♫] The Supreme Turnabout ●○○

Post by SuperAj3 »

I can't seem to play your case. Have you set it to public?
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Salamence

Post by Salamence »

SuperAj3 wrote:I can't seem to play your case. Have you set it to public?

lol i haven't, thanks for letting me know XD.

It's open to public now. I hope you enjoy!

Part 1 complete

Gosicrystal
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Gosicrystal »

Reporting a bug.
When Apollo says someone else brought a gun to the courthouse, there are only 4 profiles in the Court Record, and all of them are wrong answers. I suppose the right answer is Bryne and his profile just wasn't added.
Also, Maggey's last name is misspelled several times.
Salamence

Post by Salamence »

Gosicrystal wrote:Reporting a bug.
When Apollo says someone else brought a gun to the courthouse, there are only 4 profiles in the Court Record, and all of them are wrong answers. I suppose the right answer is Bryne and his profile just wasn't added.
Also, Maggey's last name is misspelled several times.

Okay, i just played through where you should get his profile, and yeah, i didn't get it.

I fixed it now. So when you first meet him, you should get his profile.

I can confirm that everything now works.

Part 1 complete

Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Congratulations for releasing the fixed version!
You answered my previous questions about the Aura's case and expanded a bit on the new cast (though we still don't learn much about the victim), plus also changed some things a bit. I'm still not completely sold on Apollo jumping the gun on another detective with a gun being the killer, but we'll see what is your further plan.
But why wasn't I given credit for playtesting? >o
Salamence

Post by Salamence »

Because I forgot to add playtesters when I made this last night, and I was gonna do it in the morning, but I once again forgot. I'll add that now.
Gamer2002 wrote:Congratulations for releasing the fixed version!
You answered my previous questions about the Aura's case and expanded a bit on the new cast (though we still don't learn much about the victim), plus also changed some things a bit. I'm still not completely sold on Apollo jumping the gun on another detective with a gun being the killer, but we'll see what is your further plan.
But why wasn't I given credit for playtesting? >o
I was planning on having sherise being talked about more during a later part of the case. Also, I still don't quite understand how Apollo was jumping the gun on accusing samuel. He had access to a gun, and he also knew the victim.

Part 1 complete

Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

It just feels like a rushed judgment that inevitably will turn out to be wrong. Him knowing the victim isn't any sort of motive, and the only thing that Apollo really has is Samuel possibly having the means to carry out the murder (plus Samuel being more of a jerk in this version). And I did say it during the playtesting - Supreme Court likely has more than just two detectives/police officers with guns.

If Apollo just started to suspect Samuel, or, at most, demanded from him to eliminate the possibility of being the true culprit, raising the tension between them, it wouldn't be such a big problem. But immediately screaming "You tricked us all, you framed Mr. Wright AND I WILL PROVE IT"? This is jumping the gun.
Salamence

Post by Salamence »

Gamer2002 wrote:
It just feels like a rushed judgment that inevitably will turn out to be wrong. Him knowing the victim isn't any sort of motive, and the only thing that Apollo really has is Samuel possibly having the means to carry out the murder (plus Samuel being more of a jerk in this version). And I did say it during the playtesting - Supreme Court likely has more than just two detectives/police officers with guns.

If Apollo just started to suspect Samuel, or, at most, demanded from him to eliminate the possibility of being the true culprit, raising the tension between them, it wouldn't be such a big problem. But immediately screaming "You tricked us all, you framed Mr. Wright AND I WILL PROVE IT"? This is jumping the gun.
Yeah, I guess you're right... i just kinda wanted a dramatic cliffhanger to end with. What's i'm planning to do is instead of making a part 2, I'll just add onto part 1 instead. that should fix that problem.

Part 1 complete

Hey

Post by Hey »

I don't really know what to think about this case. There were a lot of flaws, mainly due to grammar, but the penalties were pretty funny. Especially the one with...
...the Judge.
And here's my review:
The opening felt very weird. It kinda felt like the roles were reversed in this situation, I think. I can't really put my finger on what's the problem, but there was something wrong with it.

I thought it was weird that Phoenix just said that there were signs of a struggle. I thought he would clarify more than that or at least word it differently. I didn't really understand if there were signs of a struggle between the victim and him or the room itself was tarnished.

When Apollo realizes the only person who was there at the crime scene other than the victim was Mr. Wright, Maggey's profile disappears.

And whenever an evidence is updated in the Court Records, it's usually written <insert evidence here> has been updated in the Court Records. In here, it's only <insert evidence here> has been updated. I'm not sure if this was a mistake or not.
Salamence

Post by Salamence »

Hey wrote:I don't really know what to think about this case. There were a lot of flaws, mainly due to grammar, but the penalties were pretty funny. Especially the one with...
...the Judge.
And here's my review:
The opening felt very weird. It kinda felt like the roles were reversed in this situation, I think. I can't really put my finger on what's the problem, but there was something wrong with it.

I thought it was weird that Phoenix just said that there were signs of a struggle. I thought he would clarify more than that or at least word it differently. I didn't really understand if there were signs of a struggle between the victim and him or the room itself was tarnished.

When Apollo realizes the only person who was there at the crime scene other than the victim was Mr. Wright, Maggey's profile disappears.

And whenever an evidence is updated in the Court Records, it's usually written <insert evidence here> has been updated in the Court Records. In here, it's only <insert evidence here> has been updated. I'm not sure if this was a mistake or not.
Keep in mind that this is my first case.
So uh, can you elaborate on the flaws in the grammar?

Yeah, I probably should clarify the signs of a struggle. It's supposed to be signs of a struggle between him and the victim... but I thought I did mention that somewhere?

And for Maggey's profile dissapearing... Sherise's profile was supposed to be swapped with her updated profile, but that was supposed to happen at a different frame... I'll look into that.

Also, for the evidence thing, I wasn't sure how it was worded in the games, and was too lazy to check. I'll fix that.
Anyway, thanks for letting me know.

Part 1 complete

Salamence

Re: [T] [CE] [DGS♫] The Supreme Turnabout ●○○

Post by Salamence »

so basically this is dead

Part 1 complete

Salamence

Re: [T] [CE] [DGS♫] The Supreme Turnabout ●○○

Post by Salamence »