[T][CE] Strangers in the Land of Turnabouts ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Re: [T][CE] Strangers in the Land of Turnabouts ●

Post by Nicky Boy »

Spoiler : Some thoughts while I'm playing this case (but not exactly SoC) :
So I'm starting this just after the first Testimony. One note, the music is a bit too loud. You can say I can lower the volume, sure, but I mean compared to the bleep sound the letters make. Other than that, they seem like interesting choices.

Now... Before this, Albert said something about his ability to "cross-exam" would be compromised. I tihnk that should be "cross-examine", but it's not like my english is perfect

Minor typo, when Phoenix asks if Albert is "asserting dominance", there's an extra space just before that.

I like the interactions between the characters. You don't feel as tense, despite all this unfamiliar information the judge and Phoenix tell us.

Extra comma in
Albert wrote:(I guess I have no choice but
to press and figure out what ,
I'm dealing with here...)
Adrews just being a Magic 8-Ball, I see

Also just noticed on our client's profile: "A landlord of the apartment building from which the car was stolen from." one from too many, here!

I'm looking at the details here, but On the timestamps, while they go in chronological order, they don't in the evening of the 2nd (just 205 and 306, though) Well while typing this I saw why you've done that. SO maybe change the time of 205 a little?

Maybe Albert shouldn't speak in
Albert wrote:(Still... to bump into the same
person at the two most
crucial times...)
Those present options on who could have taken the car... I can't :calisto:

One extra space in
Grossberg wrote:It was all one big mess!
A mess, you hear?!
While talking to Grace,
Phoenix wrote:(I have a better of understanding
of why now, if nothing else...)
sounds a bit weird

What a beautiful love story indeed, Phoenix...

OH SHE DID NOT--

Oh, she did not. Re-reading Morgan's testimony, she did not.

The prosecution lying? I sleep.
Prosecutor Phoenix lying? Real shit.
Phoenix wrote:I made them myself last night.
It's just a Word document.
Honestly, this sounds like something he'd do.

Albert's glasses turning black... Hmm. I get the feeling no sprites here are meant to be completely original...

Larry. Just... ok

That's one hell of a plan, tbh.

I did hear that, Dee my name is Nick, so it counts as Nick hearing that, right?

How did Phoenix not catch the coffee mug being a huge signal? And the knowledge of Mia?

*BOOM* goes the bomb...

Well, Diego, warm liquids do warm your soul, but...

Steak... Yum

False memories of the past? Corrupted ones? Who knows

Nothing but lies... Lies, lies, lies, LIES!

Is that Okabe's shadow in the end?!
Spoiler : Thoughts after playing the case :
So, I can see why you would like this case submitted for The Lawpocalipse. You did well describing the incident throughout the numerous examines (and presents, iirc), yet you still managed to have this mysterious aura around it. Characters acting like they do seems reasonable for the aftermath of an event like this, though I have a small doubt on whether Phoenix would propose such a scheme even under these circumstances.

All the non-serious presents were a really nice touch, and I had a nice laugh off some of them (especially with "Albert" accusing himself, or cliementes (or however they are called, I don't recall))!

There are still a couple of questions left unanswered (like why would Grace go out of the way to give money to Powers, and several stuff regarding the parole program), but this isn't a downside, in the end; the entire case made you feel like you can't trust much, anyway, so who are we to say that the explanations given would be true?

Overall I really enjoyed the case!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ferdielance
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] Strangers in the Land of Turnabouts ●

Post by Ferdielance »

I enjoyed this a lot! I'm not sure I entirely followed some of the logic of the ending, which seemed a bit rushed and maybe a little too convenient, but it was well-presented and clever. I can't really say more without spoiling it, but it's worth a play.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"