[T] Isaac Phens: Ace Attorney ●○○○ | [CE] ● | Intermissions: 2

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

[T] Isaac Phens: Ace Attorney ●○○○ | [CE] ● | Intermissions: 2

Post by Nicky Boy »

Introduction
The game takes place about the same time as Trials and Tribulations. It follows a new Defense Attorney: Isaac Phens. While he is starting fresh, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. With an all-new ability that just so happens to use the Thought Route background, Isaac is ready to prove his clients are innocent!

Cases
Case Selector - For that authentic AA feel (by default, winning the case leads here so why not start from here, too? :) )

Case 1: The Starting Turnabout (Status: Complete!)
Spoiler : Overview :
Isaac participates in his first trial which is, you guessed it, a murder trial. With a valid motive and an opportunity pointing to his client being guilty, as well as with a witness that just doesn't want to get into too many details, how will Isaac prove his client is innocent?
Spoiler : Preview Screenshots :
Image Image Image
Spoiler : Credits :
Custom Sprites
Turner Ment: Lionel Taylor by Lind
Monica Gontey: Porsha Porsh by DragonTrainer
Eugene Rickson: Maxime Foulosas by Silver Glas
Montana Heriotza: Aelia Senft by Hesseldahl

Custom Music
Intro, part 1: Bass and Guitar Session - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Intro, part 2: Darkness - Persona 3 FES
Lobby: Episode Select - Trauma Center: New Blood -Proposed by Ann-nna
Astin's Theme: Beach - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Courtroom: Stage Select 2 - Megaman X5 -Proposed by TheDoctor
Logic: Wii Fit Tutorial - Punch-Out!! -Proposed by Southern Corn
Cross-Examination: SuperAj3 (Moderato/Allegro)
Important Moment (Explaining how CE works): New World Order - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Isaac's Ability: Emotions - Another Code: Two Memories
Objection!: Normal Battle - Pokémon Colosseum -Proposed by SuperAj3
Pursuit: https://youtu.be/GeBFI5N9CcI
Telling the Truth: Patchwork Chimera - Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Victory!: GIRLS - Layton's Mystery Journey

Other Custom Graphics/Sound
Fade In/Out, Witness Testimony/Cross-Examination Pop-ups/Sound Effect, Perceive Sound Effects: mariofan500/fanfreak247 (the thread did not specify what was whose, so I list them both)
Custom Courtroom (minus co-council view): SuperAj3, TheDoctor
Testimony Pop-up: Phantom
Isaac's Ability Background (Thought Route Background): TheDoctor
Isaac's Voice: Tiagofvarela
Eugene's Voice: Novaraven747
Confetti: FenrirDarkWolf

Case 2: The Turnabout by the Sea (Status: Basic idea sorted out, characters selected, scenes being designed)
Isaac goes to pick up his niece, Flora, from school. However, he soon finds out that a murder happened there. With the principal being the prime suspect, Isaac will have to find who committed the crime and disposed the body on the sea nearby.
Case 3: The Greek Turnabout (Status: Basic idea sorted out)
Isaac and his family are celebrating at a Greek venue, but they soon discover that they are not safe from crime even there. With a minor being the prime suspect, everyone is under pressure to discover the truth behind the murder.
Case 4: The Fateful Turnabout (Status: Basic idea sorted out)
After successfully solving the murder at the festivity, Isaac gets to relax again... or so he thinks. When a close family member gets murdered, he is determined to solve this case. Little does he know that he is in for a surprise during the trial and how lucky another family member was that day...
Extras:
Intermissions: 1, 2 Bonus Case 1: Surprise! It's a Christmas Turnabout!
Made as a competition entry, this independent case takes place over half a year after The Fateful Turnabout. Isaac takes on a case on the days leading to Christmas and is full of Christmas cheer... something he shows intensely inside the courtroom. Something seems fishy from the start, however, and Isaac does not let the fact escape him.

Made in collaboration with SuperAj3, for the "Looking Back" competition by Super Legenda and risefromtheashes.
Spoiler : Preview Screenshots :
Spoiler : Credits :
Custom Sprites:
Ivan Agita: Hank Gott by gotMLK7, edited by SuperAj3
Abby Agita: Emily Severn by gotMLK7
Theo Therside: Ernest Fletcher by Tear + Silver Glas - Note: He was simply mirrored for the case
Sue Panking: Cindy Stone Custom Canon by AABattery, and FenrirDarkWolf, with edits from SuperAj3
Gunther Agita: Phil O Descartes by DragonTrainer

Custom Music:
Intro song: Dick Robertson - Don't Wait Till The Night Before Christmas
Agency: Trauma Center DS 2: Gentle Breeze
Hospital: Nintendo Wii U eShop Christmas / Holiday Music
Courtroom Lobby: Freezy Flake Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy 2
Cross-Examination: ThePaSch (Moderato/Allegro)
Reminiscence: World 5: Snow Land - Kirby's Epic Yarn
Victory: Club Penguin: Merry Walrus Party - Merry Walrus (Igloo Music 2014)

Other Custom Graphics/Sound
Title Card: SuperAj3
Intro/Family Photo Background: SuperAj3 (Stage 1/2/3)
Office: Mr. Incognito/Ceres? - Note: Unsure
Hospital: SuperAj3
Christmas Court: TheDoctor
Theo's Voice: Spongesonic IN COURT
Ivan's Guitar: SuperAj3
Opening Statement Pop-up: SuperAj3
------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler : Credits information :
In-game credits are found in the end of the cases, excluding intermissions which are really short skits.

For the purposes of this, I'm linking to the threads/albums/youtube links I got these from and not my own links used in the cases, unless an asset was made specifically for a case by a collaborator and isn't otherwise available to use. Most pieces of music are edited to be loop-able/used however they are needed.

In order to avoid repeating myself for common credits among cases, the credits for anything used will be detailed on the first case they appear in (this applies only in this post and not the in-game credits).

Anything not credited that isn't in the official games was made by me (unless I've forgotten to credit someone, in which case, please let me now).
Last edited by Nicky Boy on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quercus Yew
Spoken languages: English, French, Italian

Re: [T] Isaac Phens: Ace Attorney (Demo available!) ○○○○

Post by Quercus Yew »

Digging the custom sprites so far, will keep you posted on my thoughts soon.
Some things never change, I guess.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Oh hey somebody tried my case! Thank you!

I should give credit when it's due, though; I'll add the sprites seen in the demo in the credits section.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quercus Yew

Post by Quercus Yew »

Minor spelling error in Montana's description, that's the only thing i could find that would constitute an error. Nice usage of New World Order, it's a nice change of pace
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

What do you mean I don't know how my own characters are spelled? Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out!

Just a note, if you're planning on pointing out numerous things, others might prefer you do them all at once. But I'm OK with however you present your thoughts :)
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Re: [T] Isaac Phens: Ace Attorney ●○○○

Post by Nicky Boy »

With playtesting done, the first case is ready to be played in full! Woo! :nod:
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quercus Yew

Post by Quercus Yew »

My thoughts: Wow, what a nice first case! It seems like not only a good custom case, but one that also has the difficulty of a first case, making it much easier for newer players to get into it. I love the music choice (New Blood? Nice! How long until Dr. Wilkens is a witness?). I'm hopeful and hyped for the next cases to come, good luck!

Also, found some spelling errors, 2 so far: "Her apology was genuine, despite
still being with Mayn, so I figured I
could have changed her mind."

and

"The problem this time is that
there wasn't any blood found
on Miss Gontey in the fist place!"
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Quercus Yew wrote:My thoughts: Wow, what a nice first case! It seems like not only a good custom case, but one that also has the difficulty of a first case, making it much easier for newer players to get into it. I love the music choice (New Blood? Nice! How long until Dr. Wilkens is a witness?). I'm hopeful and hyped for the next cases to come, good luck!
Hehe, thanks! I was aiming for just that; a case simple enough like the earlier games. I know a lot of people are able to play harder cases, it just doesn't make sense to have a new attorney in a complicated one.

As for music choice, I didn't really choose from games I've necessarily played :chew: I went with what sounded better. (I should probably point out all the tracks that weren't picked by me when I get on my computer later...)

And thanks!
Quercus Yew wrote:Also, found some spelling errors, 2 so far: "Her apology was genuine, despite
still being with Mayn, so I figured I
could have changed her mind."

and

"The problem this time is that
there wasn't any blood found
on Miss Gontey in the fist place!"
I found the second one and fixed it! I hate it when I miss letters like that, or even entire words...

As for the first one... Unless you though Mayn was Mayne word play to the max!, I really can't find anything there.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MedicInDisquise
Spoken languages: English

Post by MedicInDisquise »

Thoughts: It's a great introductory case. The murder mystery isn't difficult, but it's not meant to be. It's a starter case, after all! Keeping that in mind, then I'd say this case is pretty fun. The characters were all likeable and left me wanting to see them in the future - great introductions to Isaac's cast of friends and rogues. Eugene seems like an interesting character, but he ultimately didn't have a chance to shine in this case (assuming he's not meant to be a Payne character).
Spoiler : :
The tease of a battle between Isaac and Melanthios really makes me look forward to futurecases.
The presentation is really good. Like really good! All of the custom sprites fit well, and the cross-examination and recieving-evidence screens impressed me the most. They're simple touches but really make the game feel like an Ace Attorney game. The music was fun to listen to as well. All-in-all, it's a short but enjoyable case. A great start for the planned trial series.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Aaah, people are playing the case! Glad you liked it!
MedicInDisquise wrote:Eugene seems like an interesting character, but he ultimately didn't have a chance to shine in this case (assuming he's not meant to be a Payne character).
So, notice how I say how the cases take place alongside T&T? Well, I didn't really want to use Payne, whose weakness is already established throughout the games, so I picked a date that would "justify" not using him (it's the day right after Atmey's trial, ftr). That said, Eugene was meant to be an easy opponent, yet a clever one at the same time (it's not "No Pressure!", here!)
MedicInDisquise wrote:
The tease of a battle between Isaac and Melanthios really makes me look forward to futurecases.
Ooh, nice picking that up! Yeah, they will face off at some point.
MedicInDisquise wrote:All-in-all, it's a short but enjoyable case. A great start for the planned trial series.
Again, glad you liked it! Nice to see that it being simple isn't really a problem (so far)!

----------

EDIT so I don't double post: While discussing the case with someone I realised something I should have reworded, so I also did that.
Eugene no longer directly says Isaac fell into his trap. Makes the moment feel better for you, only to get crushed harder.

Also minor detail, but removed an inconsistency with Montana's cut arm.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Checking this out because I have been bribed.
Spoiler : SoC :
Okay. I'm a lawyer. First case. I have a boss. How tutorial-esque.
"I hope this stance in life [...]" is a particularly awkward line. "I hope people don't end up taking advantage of you over your personality" or some better variation could be preferable? I'm not sure.
The defendant lobby music seems to cut out for a second/half a second every 30 seconds or so.
"This is a real trial this time, so I won't be saying anything" seems like the exact opposite of what makes sense to me :P If there were ever a time to artificially remain silent and detached, it would be in training; not when there's actual lives on the line.
"that lack of blood splatters on your clothes"
I have to admit the assets are good. The new evidence popping up on screen and everything.
"She" is capitalised at the end of Monica's Story.
*blush*
Cheerful guy.
Nice. His brother is a prosecutor.
Murder was TWO days ago? The Court System is getting really slow these days.
Seems like the best way to win this is to fail these questions at the start. The client will have much better chances if I let the mentor take over!
NOOOOO! I can't fail! (But there's an extra line for getting things wrong twice or more times; excellent.)
Ah, I'm creatively unable to fail the second question, too. I see what you're doing here, mister designer: not allowing the player to lose the case this early so you don't have to write the mentor taking over. :atmey:
So! Cross-Examination. First this is that it's apparently not using a cross-examination block wait what excuse me?
So, CE1. My first thought is to present the knife at "I saw Monica exit the bathroom, holding a knife.". Monica attempting to use the knife against the defendant should have assured her fingerprints remained, not having been cleaned off. At the very least, this should be presentable, or addressed at some point before now.*
Very believable that an unarmed person would knock out an armed one. Are self-defence lessons enough to erase all doubt?
Interesting mechanic. Ultimately a way to focus on subtle memory contradictions. I like it. I'll steal it
I like his disgruntled reaction. It looks fairly polite because he moves relatively little.
Eugene say he asked the witness not to mention she was attacked. However, she mentioned it in CE1. What I believe you meant was "not to mention she got wounded in the attack".
The Judge also accepts this blatant concealment of facts with no justification?
The Witness just avoided answering the question she was asked all together. I believe this fallacy is called 'Red Herring'.
It seems the argument here is that 'Well, no matter how, she did get inside.' 'Yeah, but it couldn't have been through normal means, which means something is being omitted here!' 'lol doesn't matter. You have no evidence of that.' 'That she got inside at all is itself evidence of something omitted!' 'Not good enough.'
Alright, knife contradiction, though it was more about the blood than the fingerprints. Nevertheless, the contradiction is the very same one. I argue that you ought to make it possible to skip CE2 by presenting the knife at CE1.*
'Blood-soaked hands' is interesting for a variety of reasons, but most of all because it kind of undos the previous CE? We just pointed out a contradiction about how there isn't blood on the knife but there should have been and she replies by saying she cleaned it and then had the defendant's blood soaked hands touch it? That'd get it bloody again! Which isn't even the case. It doesn't even had complete fingerprints.*
Anyway, she shouldn't even be blood-soaked so I'll present that.
Evidence that proves she's lying once we know that there's no evidence the defendant killed the victim? No idea. This bit of logic is a bit strange because... We just proved she lied by pointing out the blood. There really should be nothing more to prove at this point.
Presenting the Assault on Montana evidence ultimately doesn't make much sense since we already knew she lied previously. We can't prove whether she lied or not about the Assault, though we could prove she lied about the bloodied hands.
Awww, sweet Isaac.
Lovely ending.

*How to fix this: The objective of the partial fingerprints are to show that the weapon was cleaned. However, they do not fit, because the witness manipulated the evidence in such a way that she could easily have made the defendant leave some fingerprints on it.
What would make more sense would be for there to be the defendant's complete fingerprints on it. The fact that there's no blood means it was cleaned, but then she had to use it again, so fingerprints. (In reality the witness had the defendant grab it, so that's why it'd have complete fingerprints.)

In the same vein, it really doesn't make much sense for the victim to think the hands were bloodied, since she must have seen then in the tampering process.
Spoiler : Thoughts :
I liked the existing relationships between the characters a lot, so I guess you could say I like the setting.
It didn't seem to have too much humour during the trial itself, but then again, the trial was rather fast. Between each testimony there didn't seem to be much text at all. That said, I'm particularly fond of reading and character interaction.
As for issues I had with the case, I believe I pointed them out in the SoC. There's various logic things I didn't really follow.

Aside from that, production values are really good! Music and art and animations and mechanics! I need to learn how to do this stuff. Also, this preloading business seems to work. I should copy it. I knew other cases did it, but I never quite figured out a good way to do so until I plagiarised yours :P
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Can you prove you were bribed? If not, I plead innocent. :bluetruth:

That said, I appreciate you actually trying out the case!
Spoiler : SoC responses :
Okay. I'm a lawyer. First case. I have a boss. How tutorial-esque. --I mean, it's meant to be.
"I hope this stance in life [...]" is a particularly awkward line. "I hope people don't end up taking advantage of you over your personality" or some better variation could be preferable? I'm not sure. --I... personally see what you type as harder to roll off the tongue. Then again, I'm not the best with phrasing, I'll admit.
The defendant lobby music seems to cut out for a second/half a second every 30 seconds or so. --Honestly, I did my best with cropping the mp3's as optimally as possible. I remember Enth saying it's a looping problem and the mp3's padding silence. Through testing I've found that a slow internet speed amplifies this, even if you let everything load completely.
"This is a real trial this time, so I won't be saying anything" seems like the exact opposite of what makes sense to me :P If there were ever a time to artificially remain silent and detached, it would be in training; not when there's actual lives on the line. --True, but Turner won't be there every time.
"that lack of blood splatters on your clothes" --I've watched enough series to argue that's not correct, but I could be wrong.
I have to admit the assets are good. The new evidence popping up on screen and everything. --Hehe
"She" is capitalised at the end of Monica's Story. --It isn't now
*blush*
Cheerful guy.
Nice. His brother is a prosecutor. --We need more of those, don't we?
Murder was TWO days ago? The Court System is getting really slow these days. --I mean, having a trial the very next morning would be ridiculous.
Seems like the best way to win this is to fail these questions at the start. The client will have much better chances if I let the mentor take over!
NOOOOO! I can't fail! (But there's an extra line for getting things wrong twice or more times; excellent.)
Ah, I'm creatively unable to fail the second question, too. I see what you're doing here, mister designer: not allowing the player to lose the case this early so you don't have to write the mentor taking over. :atmey: --If you want Turner to take over that badly, you're free to write "Turner Ment: Ace Attorney" with Isaac failing these very questions :P
So! Cross-Examination. First this is that it's apparently not using a cross-examination block wait what excuse me? --Tee-hee. Trade secret.
So, CE1. My first thought is to present the knife at "I saw Monica exit the bathroom, holding a knife.". Monica attempting to use the knife against the defendant should have assured her fingerprints remained, not having been cleaned off. At the very least, this should be presentable, or addressed at some point before now.* *
Very believable that an unarmed person would knock out an armed one. Are self-defence lessons enough to erase all doubt? --I've been taking self-defence lessons for two years now. The basic principle is you being able to protect yourself, and even disarm a person who is stronger or more armed than you. Excluding someone holding a gun. You don't risk a bullet to the head.
Interesting mechanic. Ultimately a way to focus on subtle memory contradictions. I like it. I'll steal it --Well, erm... go ahead? Just don't steal my shine!
I like his disgruntled reaction. It looks fairly polite because he moves relatively little.
Eugene say he asked the witness not to mention she was attacked. However, she mentioned it in CE1. What I believe you meant was "not to mention she got wounded in the attack".
The Judge also accepts this blatant concealment of facts with no justification? --Both are true. I'll have him be more specific.
The Witness just avoided answering the question she was asked all together. I believe this fallacy is called 'Red Herring'.
It seems the argument here is that 'Well, no matter how, she did get inside.' 'Yeah, but it couldn't have been through normal means, which means something is being omitted here!' 'lol doesn't matter. You have no evidence of that.' 'That she got inside at all is itself evidence of something omitted!' 'Not good enough.'
Alright, knife contradiction, though it was more about the blood than the fingerprints. Nevertheless, the contradiction is the very same one. I argue that you ought to make it possible to skip CE2 by presenting the knife at CE1.* * --The case is short enough as is, though
'Blood-soaked hands' is interesting for a variety of reasons, but most of all because it kind of undos the previous CE? We just pointed out a contradiction about how there isn't blood on the knife but there should have been and she replies by saying she cleaned it and then had the defendant's blood soaked hands touch it? That'd get it bloody again! Which isn't even the case. It doesn't even had complete fingerprints.* *
Anyway, she shouldn't even be blood-soaked so I'll present that.
Evidence that proves she's lying once we know that there's no evidence the defendant killed the victim? No idea. This bit of logic is a bit strange because... We just proved she lied by pointing out the blood. There really should be nothing more to prove at this point. *
Presenting the Assault on Montana evidence ultimately doesn't make much sense since we already knew she lied previously. We can't prove whether she lied or not about the Assault, though we could prove she lied about the bloodied hands. *
Awww, sweet Isaac.
Lovely ending. --Tee-hee

*How to fix this: The objective of the partial fingerprints are to show that the weapon was cleaned. However, they do not fit, because the witness manipulated the evidence in such a way that she could easily have made the defendant leave some fingerprints on it.
What would make more sense would be for there to be the defendant's complete fingerprints on it. The fact that there's no blood means it was cleaned, but then she had to use it again, so fingerprints. (In reality the witness had the defendant grab it, so that's why it'd have complete fingerprints.)

In the same vein, it really doesn't make much sense for the victim to think the hands were bloodied, since she must have seen then in the tampering process.

*Hmm... This is something that requires some thought *plays the Logic theme of the case*. Assuming the knife stays as it is in the court record currently, let's first look at the actual chain of events. Montana, while trying to frame Monica, cleans off the knife and puts it in Monica's hands. Monica has no reason to have blood on her hands if she simple went inside and fainted, that's true, and neither will Montana be so blind as to not notice that. So, one idea would be for Monica to get blood on her hands. However, that sounds rather... complex. The easy solution would be to just put the knife in her hands, but then Montana's fingerprints will remain. If it's cleaned off, there will be no blood to get on her hands. Well... maybe if Montana grabs Monica's hand and makes it touch the pool of blood forming around Lovin. However, this raises another problem. If Montana is smart enough to do that, she should also be smart enough to choose her words more carefully in court. Maybe Isaac can simply attack her via his ability in all three CE's?

One more convenient idea would be for Monica to faint in a position just right for her hand to get blood on it, without Montana having to think of what to do. She can clean off the knife, wait for Monica to arrive, she faints oh-so-conveniently and saves herself the trouble rather easily. So all she will do is be dismissive in court rather than smart. Convenient, but the only one I can think off that doesn't change the case much.

For now, I'll let this be. I'll discuss this more with others, too. If you have an idea that might work for both, I'd be more than glad to see it!

EDIT: I thought of an idea after some discussion. Will see how well I can implement it.
Spoiler : Thoughts responses :
I liked the existing relationships between the characters a lot, so I guess you could say I like the setting. --Glad to see!
It didn't seem to have too much humour during the trial itself, but then again, the trial was rather fast. Between each testimony there didn't seem to be much text at all. That said, I'm particularly fond of reading and character interaction. --I tried to keep the first trial rather serious... Isaac will start doing something after this.
As for issues I had with the case, I believe I pointed them out in the SoC. There's various logic things I didn't really follow. --All noted. I will fix the ones that don't seem to affect the story.

Aside from that, production values are really good! Music and art and animations and mechanics! I need to learn how to do this stuff. --Hehe, thanks! If you ever need help, do let me know!
Also, this preloading business seems to work. I should copy it. I knew other cases did it, but I never quite figured out a good way to do so until I plagiarised yours :P --Yeah, it's really handy. Makes presentation better when the graphics load properly... for the most part.
Thanks for playing the case, again. And thanks for taking the time to write all these, too!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Update: I now have a better idea of what I should do. Since the case will change a lot from the second Cross-Examination onwards, I'm bringing the trial back to its demo state so I can make the changes more easily. Stay tuned for the next update!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Aaaand the case is back up! If you played it before the revision, the majority of the changes are just after the second CE (there are a few changes before that, but they do not affect the case much).

EDIT: I was informed of a glitch I overlooked at the third testimony. It should be fixed now! (if you got it while playing and stopped there, I'm letting you know that you just don't have to present that piece of evidence there)
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

1. Why was the defendant called to the stand? I suppose the prosecutor wants the defendant to slip up and admit something which hurts her case. However, the prosecutor never gave a reason for the summoning to the court. Are we to assume that the judge is corrupt? Alright, then... But why didn't the defense raise an objection? I can understand Mr. Phens not raising an objection, since he is a novice defense attorney, but are you seriously telling me that Turner Ment, a "really good attorney", wouldn't raise an objection?

though this exact thing did happen in The First Turnabout... but at least in The First Turnabout, the player was given the choice to object.

2. "She didn't solidify Miss Gontey's guilt" yes, she did. Her witness testimony strengthens the case against the defendant.

3. Why is the prosecutor and the judge asking Phens for evidence? Why would he need evidence for "how can we trust her previous testimonies now?"? That can't be "backed up" with evidence.

4. What is the inconsistency between Monica's Story and Montana's first testimony? I don't see it.

5. The witness having the "opportunity" and motive to murder is enough to make the witness confess? That's absurd. The witness's confession is completely unwarranted. No criminal in ace attorney has ever confessed without there being evidence supporting the claim that they are the murderer. All Phens had against her was "opportunity" and motive. Sure, it's fine if that's enough for the defendant to be declared not guilty (though in the ace attorney universe, that never happens. The defense also proves who the real murderer is), but for that little to be able to make the murderer confess? That's unreasonable.
Last edited by Enthalpy on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding a missing spoiler tag.