Torri's Telling List of Upcoming Cases (Another Update - Turnabout In-Tent currently in development)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Torri 800
Spoken languages: English

Torri's Telling List of Upcoming Cases (Another Update - Turnabout In-Tent currently in development)

Post by Torri 800 »

Greetings, and yes, we got another update to this thread. This time, with two cases released (Turnabout of Fate and The Creepy Turnabout), I will add the play links here. The credits and walkthroughs will be left for their individual (dual, in the case of this update) threads so as not to take too much space. As for the biggest part of the update? Turnabout In-Tent is undergoing development - I will update this post with some screenshots for said case some time in the future.

Have you ever sat down and wondered "what if my favorite Ace Attorney games had more cases?" Well at least, content that could count as DLC. Sharing these cases with YOU is a prime way to bring us fans together. Don’t expect much in the way of flashy or being too different coming from these cases. They’re merely side stories (much in the same light as DLC) to already existing games and any new characters are not related to Capcom in any way (that also applies to the cases; their stories aren’t canon). However, what about those long windows where nothing went by, where they can easily be filled in by another event?

I’m happy to announce the names of said cases, the titles of which they adhere to, and the basic plot of each, to which I will specify completion.

Turnabout of Fate (Trials and Tribulations): Set only a few weeks before Bridge to the Turnabout, Phoenix Wright tackles his second to last Trilogy case, where he must once again defend Larry Butz, who has been declared the perpetrator of probably the darkest murder case yet. (100% complete and ready to play!)

Play: http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=106253
Main thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12975

The Creepy Turnabout (Justice for All): Set between Reunion and Turnabout and The Lost Turnabout, Phoenix Wright will, for the first time in Ace Attorney history, defend a client accused of kidnapping. A word of note: this case was made the earliest but not the first completed in favor of Turnabout of Fate. (100% complete and ready to play!)

Play:
Part 1: http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=106226
Part 2: http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=113729
(Main thread is the same for Turnabout of Fate's, as said thread hosts them simultaneously)

Turnabout in Tent (Dual Destinies): Set after Turnabout for Tomorrow and before Spirit of Justice, Athena Cykes decides to throw a party with Simon Blackquill and the members of Wright Anything Agency by going camping. Upon their arrival however, a young camper was found murdered in his own tent, leaving Athena to take the reins to defend the accused. (2% complete, currently under development)

Shopping Mart’s Turnabout (Apollo Justice): Like Rise of the Ashes (which is set between Turnabout Goodbyes and Reunion and Turnabout), is set after Turnabout Succession, and before Dual Destinies. Apollo finds a shopper murdered at a supermarket, and it is up to him and Trucy to find the culprit. (5% complete, as a one day case it's significantly shorter)

Turnabout EZ PZ (This case has been reworked to be something absolutely crazy, but the timeline is set at around a month before The Monstrous Turnabout): This thread isn’t just about canon only cases, it’s about my main cases, rather than spinoff series which I’ll go more into at the end of the updated post. EZ PZ is still the case that’s centered on a player being murdered at a professional eSports scene, however, Apollo Justice and Trucy Wright don’t get much screen time, as the former isn’t even the protagonist, and Trucy isn’t a sidekick. Instead, two new heroes take the job as you assume the role of Mordecai and Rigby from Regular Show, one of my favorite TV shows. It's a wild idea, but I'm sure it'll be tons of fun. (1% complete)

Turnabout Auctionary (Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2/Gyakuten Kenji 2): Set shortly after The Grand Turnabout, Miles Edgeworth meets Detective Gumshoe, who claims to have returned from vacation to celebrate his birthday. Despite his doubts about Gumshoe’s seemingly dubious claim, Edgeworth agrees to buy him a present at a car auction, but trouble stirs… (2%, as around 100 frames have been written, and half of the characters have had their graphics developed)

Early Turnabout Auctionary screenshots (I'll develop Auctionary immediately after Turnabout In-Tent):
Spoiler : :
Gumshoe’s Adventure: Turnabout Old Smokey (Post-Auctionary): Inspired by a case Mosy made called Gumshoe’s Adventure: Turnabout Protect, which is set sometime in Apollo Justice’s timeline. A few days after Turnabout Protect, Detective Gumshoe meets up with Miles Edgeworth to reminisce about an adventure he had shortly after Turnabout Auctionary, where he and Kay Faraday had to tackle a huge smoky mystery on their own. (0% complete)

Turnabout of a Prayer (Spirit of Justice): Set after Spirit of Justice’s conclusion, Apollo Justice and Nahyuta Sahdmadhi duke it out after a Christian nun was murdered at a Khura’inese Temple. (0% complete)

Before we close off this massive post, I'd like to mention a few other things. First of all, I will open my own art thread soon (yes, because I don't like reusing characters from the PW Trilogy/AJ and assigning them different names. The only exception to this rule is Layna from The Creepy Turnabout), along with another thread showcasing a unique series: a crossover with multiple cases and a unique story structure! I hope you're excited, because so am I.

So what do you think of these ideas? What do you think of Turnabout of Fate/The Creepy Turnabout? Feel free to post your thoughts of ANYthing I brought up in this topic.
Last edited by Torri 800 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:20 am, edited 11 times in total.
fanfreak247
Spoken languages: English, Limited Spanish, Patois/Patwa

Re: Torri's Telling List of Upcoming Cases

Post by fanfreak247 »

There really isn't much to say (other than you really like making cases in the canon storyline.)

These can all be great cases as long as they have a good story and good puzzle. I can tell you're definitely a beginner, so you should read a lot of the tutorials and what not in the forums. Making a good Ace Attorney game is 1,000,000x harder than you think it is.
Torri 800

Post by Torri 800 »

While I am confident these cases are coming off as good fun, I AM indeed a beginner who only completed one case and is entirely oblivious to variables in the editor (even though they're needed for better fleshed out investigations/cross examinations and even a Logic Chess iteration from GK2). I do intend on making a series (two in fact, which I will announce soon, but do expect them to take a loooooong time to be fully released, in like a couple years time) in the future mostly unrelated to the canon series. I never said making a good Ace Attorney game is easy though - it's been nearly four years since GS6 and Ace Attorney 7 is nowhere in sight (and you have a full team at Capcom in tow). In addition, I spent about a year just to finish Turnabout of Fate (it is long; over 7000 scenes - first created in January 12, 2019, but expect it to be released after 4 months at most), with proofreading, graphic creation without outside assistance, sound, even reworking story elements and therefore had to rewrite certain parts of the script (the case mentioned was initially made to take place between The Stolen Turnabout and Recipe for Turnabout, and Godot's development as a character matched that timeline at first. Turnabout of Fate's story was so dark to the degree that it better matched the endgame's timeline, so I had to make Godot appear more flawed and less "shady evil" and condescending as I changed the timeline). I'm aware I can't make a case as good as say, a case backed by a team's worth of effort, but even so I thought Turnabout of Fate was better than all of Trials and Tribulations' cases (except Bridge to the Turnabout of course). I appreciate your feedback, save for that last statement about making a good Ace Attorney game, as it came off a little aggressive and mostly incorrect.

The main post is subjected to future edits, and anyone's opinions/criticisms can be posted right here.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

My two cents much after the fact: I would certainly not have guessed that you had 7000 frames worth of content already written.

I'm looking forward to the cases, but I would encourage you to focus on the current case before getting very wrapped up about the others. What I found when I started was that my ambitious plans had to give way to all sorts of things I didn't foresee. Such is the rule, not the exception!

Good luck with everything still needed for Fate.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

Sounds like a lot of good ideas, I always had the idea of a Rise from the Ashes for JFA myself (I might make a case like that tbh.)