Turnabout End

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

PersonMan234
Spoken languages: English

Turnabout End

Post by PersonMan234 »

Hello everyone, I just made a case (well the beginning of a case, Defendant Lobby) called Turnabout End.

It takes place one day after Turnabout Time Traveller and contains spoilers for all main series games

Summary: Almost two years after the Misham case, one of the main witnesses ''Valant Gramarye'' suddenly disappeared and the main perpetrator of the Misham cases ended up dead.
The Dark Age of the Law truly hasn't ended, do you have what it takes to end it?

Go here to play it:

Defendant Lobby 1: http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=113884

Trial 1: Will Probably Come Out 20/04/20

Fan-Made Soundtrack (none composed by me): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... JlwV8rMrBJ

Sure is a long time, huh? Yeah I know this usually seems like the type of thing people do, when they wanna put something on an indefinite hiatus (however they don't wanna admit that) but this trial's been taking so much work and it's been so long that it might honestly take that long.)
Last edited by PersonMan234 on Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Turnabout End

Post by Enthalpy »

I gave this a play. My thoughts are inside the spoiler tag.
Spoiler : :
I'm going to warn you now that I don't expect this thread to get much attention. Your case is very incomplete. We haven't even left the lobby yet! This is an unusually early stage of the game to showcase.

If there's anything in particular that you want me to talk about, I can. A few immediate comments:
1. You can use the "Check button data" to put long evidence descriptions. You can even include a link to a picture here, and it'll display. To avoid consuming bandwidth of other sites, it's best to host any images you need for your case on a website like imgur.
2. Why was Phoenix so cryptic to Maya about why he was taking the case? I would think that Phoenix would be very open to her.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

''I'm going to warn you now that I don't expect this thread to get much attention. Your case is very incomplete. We haven't even left the lobby yet! This is an unusually early stage of the game to showcase.''

Yeah, this is pretty fair actually.

I should've done more progress on the case before publishing it to the public, however I have been working on the first trial (I'm writing the first testimony now) and I do think the first trial will be published in say a day or two.

Furthermore, I was under the impression that most cases here end up in like parts or something (i.e Defendant Lobby 1, Trial 1, Defendant Lobby 2) but I could be mistaken though (I haven't played too many cases here.)

''You can use the "Check button data" to put long evidence descriptions. You can even include a link to a picture here, and it'll display. To avoid consuming bandwidth of other sites, it's best to host any images you need for your case on a website like imgur.''

Thank you for the tip, I actually didn't know this and I'll update the case to add this.

''Why was Phoenix so cryptic to Maya about why he was taking the case? I would think that Phoenix would be very open to her.''

Well for two reasons:

1. The victim was [REDACTED], Wright just didn't want to tell Maya he was dead because he didn't want her to be that involved in this case (he always felt the battle against [REDACTED] was his battle anyway.)

2. This'll later be further explained in this case, however I can now giveaway it has something to do with Valant and one of the flashbacks with him (the one in the Detention Center.)

Thank you very much for playing the case by the way! I'm aware most cases don't end up finished but I can assure you I'll (try) to finish this case!
Last edited by PersonMan234 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

Alright, I added the check-button feature.
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

Update: The first testimony is finished, plans for the culprit are finalized.

Downloading custom songs.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Sure, a lot of trials are in parts, but those parts are usually longer. You normally divide a trial into parts when either the parts are very different in gameplay (think investigation versus trial) or one part has gotten long (usually at or over 2000 frames) and you're at a good stopping point. Stopping after < 200 frames and to go from defense lobby to the court is a bit short.

I'm not going to have a chance to play the new parts of the case until a couple days from now. I'm going to be frantically finishing my case competition entry for the next few days!

I'll just remark that it's good to be thinking about how the characters would react to a situation like this, but you're also not giving much context for the scene. Are Phoenix and Maya just about to go into trial? That's normal from being in the defendant lobby, but then it's strange that it's 3PM, and that Maya seems unsure on whether or not we're even taking a place. We start asking Larry about "the murder" before you've even established that the crime is a murder.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

''Sure, a lot of trials are in parts, but those parts are usually longer. You normally divide a trial into parts when either the parts are very different in gameplay''
Yeah, that's basically what I was trying but maybe I should've made each individual part longer.

The first trial's going to be longer though, it'll have the first detective and witness (it's pretty obvious who the detective is but the witness, he's going to be a bit of a shock although you may be able to guess who he is.)

''Are Phoenix and Maya just about to go into trial?'' Yes.

''That's normal from being in the defendant lobby, but then it's strange that it's 3PM, and that Maya seems unsure on whether or not we're even taking a place.''

I don't find the time strange, but I guess 3PM could be considered a strange time (I just thought of a time at random.)

''We start asking Larry about "the murder" before you've even established that the crime is a murder.''

Hmm yeah, maybe I should add a few more lines of establishing dialogue, I've been thinking too much about the characters and not enough about context to the audience.

Also I think the first trial will probably be finished after the case competition, two witnesses + (maybe) a plot twist will be in it after all.

I'll be sure to play your case though, can't wait to see how the case competition ends :)
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

Update: The first cross examination is nearly finished!

I think it should be noted though that I might have a DGS2 theme play at one point ([url]The Gate to the Truth[/urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWJ4rN8dLO4&t]'' and [url]The Great Detective's Friendship[/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxZpLnZT_u4&t]''), not in Trial 1 but in Trial 2.

I'll also have one PLvAA track play in Defendant Lobby 2 ([url]Newton Belduke ~ Twilight Memories[/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRuWkG7Qgk0l].)

So if you're sensitive to music-ish spoilers and you haven't played these games, these should be noted I guess.
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

Turnabout End Fan Made Ost/All the Custom Songs That Will Play During it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... JlwV8rMrBJ

Note: I didn't make any of these songs lel
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

Major Update: The first cross examination is completely finished! Trial 1 will come out a lot quicker than I expected!

Trial 1 has about 260 frames so far, a substantial upgrade compared to Defendant Lobby 1.
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

Extremely Major Update: Trial 1 is nearly finished, so I estimate that it'll come out either today or tomorrow.
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

I feel I shouldn't make such bold updates, while it is nearly finished it does need a bit more time, I shouldn't promise another date for it to come out because it'll probably be wrong.

However I can say it'll come out this week or the week after that.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

No worries.

In future, though, we don't need daily updates! The only update that really interests me is if you have something I can play. I can wait.
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

Alright haha, I guess I only did that because some case makers I look up to did a lot of updates (Ropfa.)

To be fair, they made much bigger cases soooo yeah
PersonMan234

Post by PersonMan234 »

holy crap am I lazy