[T] The Phoenix Rises (●○○○)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Kadakruss
Spoken languages: English, en peu français

[T] The Phoenix Rises (●○○○)

Post by Kadakruss »

The Phoenix Rises is a game I am making right now, meaning it is still a WIP. It is most similar to the original trilogy, and it focuses on the timeframe of PW:AA. It is an alternate universe where the cases from the first game are replaced. Shocking twists may be found in this game. Very occasional use of strong language may be found. If this game was rated by the ESRB, it would be an E10+.

Here is the link to it: http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=115353

This thread will be updated when new information comes out. More info down below.

Spoiler : Sprite Credits: :
The credits for Mark Giorna go to Radian on Imgur. You can find their work here: https://imgur.com/a/G6cfE.
The credits from Ichika Watanabe go to Tear + Silver Glas on Imgur. Their work is here: https://imgur.com/a/eQGmf
Credit for Colton Jackson goes to Lind.

Hello everyone! I've been working obsessively with a friend to make the first part of this game! Yes, this game will be made in one game slot, and I will not be doing them separately.
Here's why:

- It makes it easier to keep things across trials.
- You guys can see the progress we're making.
- It makes it easier for new collaborators to see the old work.

Now that that's out of the way, I want to give credit to my friend, Iris (maya player) for giving me feedback and improving the game for me. I couldn't have finished a case without her!

I hope you all enjoy the case I spent over 3 hours on!

EDIT 1: Hi everyone! I have been hard at work recently trying to work on an investigation! I am trying not to be overly cliche when
Spoiler : Case 2 Spoilers (My Game) :
The Thinker is used to kill Mia Fey. I also think that Travis Richards as Kristoph Gavin works pretty well, as they have the same demeanor.
I have one question, though. Is three witnesses too much for a second case?
Spoiler : Character Spoilers for the Original Trilogy, names not mentioned :
1-2 has three but one is minor, 2-2 has two witnesses if I recall correctly, and 3-2 has 4. (really not sure about that one, correct me if I'm wrong)
(PS) It has 222 frames, and half of them are cross-examination)
Last edited by Kadakruss on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [T] The Phoenix Rises (●○○○)

Post by Enthalpy »

I played through the game.

I don't understand
Spoiler : :
why Nathan said the victim was stabbed in the head. As the killer, he'd know that he stabbed the victim in the chest, right? Could you explain that to me?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Kadakruss

Post by Kadakruss »

Hi. I will explain this as best as I can.
Nathan was last seen by his fellow workers on the hill he said he was on in the second testimony. Since he didn't want the workers to know he was about to murder someone, he ran down, stabbed Aaron in the chest, and ran back up after taking off the gloves. If he testified correctly, it would be a little too hard for a tutorial case, so I decided to make an obvious testimony and cover it up with a not as obvious one. Hope that helps! ^_^
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks! Yes, that helps.
I'll warn you that trials in the Ace Attorney games work not just by having the player point out contradictions, but by having those contradictions help the player figure out the truth of the crime and create tension as the witness needs to cover for their mistakes.

Cases like this that are just "player finds a contradiction, witness gives an unrelated testimony, and the witness confesses after we do this enough times" are much less fun. Even when the canon games want to make a simple case, they follow what I said in the last paragraph.

Good luck with the rest of the series!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Kadakruss

Post by Kadakruss »

First edit! Check up above! New sprite credits were added, and the new section was created. It's late for me now, so I'm going to bed. Goodnight! :yogi: