[T] Shadow Chaotix (DEMO) ●○○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Psychii
Spoken languages: English

[T] Shadow Chaotix (DEMO) ●○○○

Post by Psychii »

Demo

http://www.aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=109689
Introduction
For those unacquainted, this is sort of the spiritual successor to my first AAO game, a Sonic based game called, Knuckles’ Chaotix: New Door. While working on that I also got inspired to make another game based upon the Chaotix’ adventures during the timeframe/world of the game Shadow the Hedgehog. Mainly looking for feedback.
Concept
The plot goes that Shadow will either save or destroy the world and it’s up to the player to try and convince him to save it.

Beyond Part 1 the game will have branching paths with different cases depending on performance.
Questions
Curious to see what everyone thinks so far. Also, I was considering putting the first Trial in this chapter as well. However, since it already has a tutorial case and Day 1 Investigation, would this be too much?

Also, I know many of the sprites look less than ideal but I genuinely tried the best I could with what I had. If anyone wants to help with them it would go a long way, although I think I’m still happy with how the sprites turned out overall.

Enjoy! :D
AbsurdAttorney

Re: [T] Shadow Chaotix (DEMO) ●○○○

Post by AbsurdAttorney »

Strangely, it's not loading for me. Just a black screen. Any chance you forgot to set it to be publicly released?
Psychii

Post by Psychii »

Fixed. Lol, I promise this game is more polished than a single black screen :lol:
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I saw your post in the help topic and decided to play the case. I have two questions for you.

First is what I think is a bug.
Spoiler : :
I've just gotten the "GUN Soldier ID card." Now that I have it, I can no longer access the Overpass. Is that intentional? I don't think I was done there.
Second, how well do I need to know the Sonic series to play this game? As someone who doesn't know the series, I'm getting a little confused by these references to what I'm assuming is the Sonic canon.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Psychii

Post by Psychii »

Ah, thank you for the feedback! :D I'll fix the Underpass bug. I had noticed it before but I wasn't sure what triggered it. The reason I think I gave up looking for the source was that all that really happens at the Underpass besides getting the ID card is an optional interaction with Black Doom. In regards to how much background information is needed, I'm not really sure. I'd like to think little to nothing is needed but there are jokes for fans that understand the material. If you wouldn't mind I'd be happy to hear a list of confusing things that need clarification. I know a ton about Sonic cannon so it's definitely possible I overlooked explaining a number of things I already know well.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Well, let me know when you're done with the edits, and I'll try the game again after that.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Psychii

Post by Psychii »

Fixed the Underpass bug, added some more essential info (ex. What "The Chaotix" is, What the Chaos Emeralds are, The difference between Doom Eye and Doom Wife). Most other things that go unexplained like who the "bat girl" Shadow mentions is and why Shadow looks like Sonic are explained in the second part. Also noticed that the tutorial ends a bit abruptly so I fixed that. Some more things to note...
Spoiler : :
The first part has two different endings that lead to two possible second parts. When countering Black Doom's second Objection there are actually two different pieces of evidence you can present (would definitely recommend saving when asked by him for evidence, so you can experience both). One shouldn't logically exist and leads to the "Dark" Part 2, one is valid and leads to the "Hero" Part 2. I also didn't include a walkthrough on this page as I feel like the trial or "discussion" portions of this game aren't too difficult. Let me know if any of it comes off as unfair though.