Trial: TURNABOUT SUICIDE (COMPLETED FINALLY!)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

karlkablisk
Spoken languages: English

Re: Hi, I just joined and I'd like imput if you'll playtest

Post by karlkablisk »

I haven't tried it, but I thought I could make a save system.

And item i the inventory that is just a picture of the word SAVE. Then when they look at it its the URL like this

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php ... cement=534
where after the = is "something to call up the number of the current Frame ID"

Then someone could go back to the frame at any time because that would always update and send them there. Its not 100% and I dont even know if I can put that in there, but I could still do it manually at certain points and someone would just need to save the URL in a text doc or something.

As for evidence and stuff, I'll make a few frames supporting key areas (lets say I choose only 4 places to save) then the save item will appear during those times for someone to copy the URL (which I can type in manually if its not dynamic). When they load it, I'll put in all the supporting evidence etc. to load up (since loading them twice isn't a problem.)

That should be an easy way to make it "Save" right? If I manually do them I can check all my checkpoints easily (only evidence and location need to kept track of for my re-revealing etc.)

I think asking someone to copy and paste a URL is easy enough too, :p
let me know if I'm wrong about any of this, lolz.
Trials in Progress

Play: "Turnabout Suicide"
PROGRESS: Finished part 1! Currently reviewing since it was made a long time ago.

comments go here

"Gyakuten Rap" (short song timed to the game animation with evidence)
Progress: Complete

- KKL
karlkablisk

Post by karlkablisk »

That was easy. What do you think of my "SAVE IT!" feature? I just made it in like 2 min lolz.

Let me know if you think theres any way to clean it up, or if you think its good or whatever. :)

You start with 1 save it feature to skip the crime (not like you need to) and another when you reach Larry's house.

Another option is to say part 1,2,3 in the 1ST frame as a "Talk" option. I already have it set up like that for my own navigation purposes, but I could title it chapter 1,2,3 etc. and then let people know what chapter they are on when they get to it so they can remember where they are going. Like when court starts, i'll say "Chapter 2 the trial"<edit> found out that this doesn't process the evidence like the "SAVE IT!" Link does. So far, "SAVE IT!" works better. You can see for yourself. Larry's house is option 3, debug currently.

Which do you think is easier guys?

What I like about "SAVE IT!" is that people CAN'T skip ahead, whereas keeping it a full DVD menu kind of thing where they can skip right to the end, allows them the ability to spoil it for themselves, kinda.

<edit> arg, 1 problem, you can't move around cause all the old locations think you are going there for the first time, so some conversation routes etc will loop. This means I have to place them in more strategic places. Like at the END of investigation so theres no back tracking to go to and a definitely amount of evidence etc. is needed.
Trials in Progress

PROGRESS: Finished part 1! Currently reviewing since it was made a long time ago.

comments go here

- KKL
Meph

Post by Meph »

It's a remarkably clever idea. I'll try it. ;)

May I ask why you've placed the save icon over a bear. :P
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Indeed, there can be this kind of problems. Plus, I'd advise you to point to message 531 (juste before place 6) rather than 535 (the beginning of the intro conversation). 'cause currently even that conversation won't be considered as read.
For other place's intro, I was planning to add an action to hide/reveal the intro conversation of any place. It would be kinda heavy for you since that'd require one action per place, but it would work.

Other than that, the idea is very good :wink:
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

My basic rule is that any part of a court scene that goes beyond three full testimonies is a bit much to play in one sitting for most. :P
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

I would probably stop at about 5 cross examinations.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Well there we go, henke, just gotta go against EVERYTHING I say now, is that it?

(jk jk)
karlkablisk

Post by karlkablisk »

lol, ok cool, I'll put the save spot so that Larry's house intro won't play twice. Thanks!

I may have said but anyone can go to the debug skip to get to lar's house, it won't load the data but you'll get the save point and then you can use that, save point works except for loading the fact you've been to places.

I'll add my save points to the end of investagation and the end of court (or if theres a long court stretch) I'll let people know that there are save points in the game ahead of time so they know they should play until they reach one if they don't want to repeat stuff (which doesn't take too long when you memorized how to get through the game.)

If anyone has any story comments for me let me know as the story is starting to come out, it'll be easier to fix inconsistencies if I catch them early I am already nipping as many as I can find as early as I can. :p

I also might only have the earliest SAVE IT! point show up, getting rid of the previous, having 2 is just my way of testing it before I do that.

lol, can't believe my "SAVE IT" feature worked, I was almost sure I didn't understand enough about the program to make something new. I had the idea as soon as Unas told me about the URL skip feature :)

meph
hehe, because bears rule! Although no matter how hard I try I can't work him into the storyline. He belongs more in the collab we're doing lolz. (although someone said there wouldn't be bears on a cliff, what ever happened to mountain bears? LOL)
Trials in Progress

comments go here

- KKL
karlkablisk

Post by karlkablisk »

Hey I just finished making my Crime Scene now. <Phew> It was more work than I thought. I had to try to put everything where I wanted it even though it wasn't that much editing it took time to build it in relation to how I wanted the case to go. But I came up with some new Ideas along the way :)

I think my crime scene is a little unique because you get to see it BEFORE the crime and AFTER the crime.
Trials in Progress

comments go here

- KKL
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

karlkablisk wrote: I think my crime scene is a little unique because you get to see it BEFORE the crime and AFTER the crime.
Ah, you mean, like Fey and Co Law Offices? Or the Lordly Tailor's basement? Or the Inner Temple?
karlkablisk

Post by karlkablisk »

well, pre-game. But ya, Theres some room to do special stuff if you can get a before an after :p
Trials in Progress

comments go here

- KKL
karlkablisk

Post by karlkablisk »

some light artworkImage

She won't be in the game, lolz. Next time I might draw her instead of just the BG lolz.
Trials in Progress

comments go here

- KKL
karlkablisk

Post by karlkablisk »

Hey guys, I made a lil joke trial for a friend, take a look. (Guess its only good if you kno the anime tho :p but still nice I think. lol)
I wanted to test out a few things and this was my first court setting. It was good to work some kinks out. :p

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=6636

I was having a bunch of trouble with making my own custom sprites but anyway. It's fine for now. I just have to be careful how I clean them up in the future @_@
Trials in Progress

comments go here

- KKL
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

There is some issues with the characters, they don't show up between the talk subjects. That's just strange.
Also, he shot and stabbed himself? I think the scripting might need some tweaking...
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
karlkablisk

Post by karlkablisk »

Thanks, this is why I need playtests.

I built this thing so that he can either shoot or stab himself decided by the player at the beginning. You have to play through for it to work, the shortcuts (the buttons at the start AND the savepoints) are just tests for now. They are not meant to be 100% functional. They do get the Job done of teleporting you with mostly all the right evidence but there are some setbacks. They are currently designed for going forward, not visiting previous places etc. then there problems. I already know how to fix them Right now they are there for testing purposes so I can work all the kinks out till then.

Where do you see him shooting AND stabbing himself in one play through. I set it up so only the one you CHOOSE will show up. (If you choose to live it will default to stab). Do you mean the doctor said that it was both? hes only supposed to say the one that you choose, it worked in my test.

1. When do the chars not show up between talk subjects? You mean you choose one thing to talk about and then they disappear? I did not experience this, maybe its in one spot in particular, let me know where you saw this at. When I don't push "back" they dont disappear. But they do go away after evidence is presented and they are done talking.

2. Let me know what errors you get from playing from start to finish. Also skip intro should work fine (default to stab). Debug was made for my debugging use only (obviously).

Thanks man!
Trials in Progress

comments go here

- KKL