[T] Ace Attorney: Judgement Seekers ★★○○○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Re: Trial: The Virtual Turnabout

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

This is an AMAZING series, actual AA game case-quality stuff here. Better than even some of the better AA trials, and I swear I'm not saying that to kiss up. That's a character trait I despise. Even if it takes you a full year (which I doubt it will), please, finish this!
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Flare
Spoken languages: English

Post by Flare »

I swear. This is one of the most confusing and awesomest trial I've played ever. Your only problems are occasional typos and minor grammar. I must also know that song when phoenix guarantees that there are only two keys!
Meph

Post by Meph »

As usual, I'm going to wait until you've finished all of the parts before I play it. From the feedback alone, it sounds like this is a trial that deserves to be featured.
JDavidC

Post by JDavidC »

Urgh, it got so long I ended up having to use the walkthrough to save myself from replaying long sections. I ended up kicking myself over missing fairly obvious things when I did, but at least it saved me doing a lot of clicking through trials. I kind of wish there was a save option like in the games.

What I missed:
Spoiler : :
I tried presenting the safes with keys instead of the door on the long testimony, at least I was on the right track. Sadly I read the bit about the number of keys. I was also trying to present the bloody sandal and bloody footprints here because there was something wrong about the bloody footprints just stopping at the door, and that it could be used as forged evidence (see later).
At the end, I didn't realise that the last witness was wearing gloves, and I probably should have thought of having her gloves checked against what was on the gun.
Also...
I'm still bothered about that safe combination turning up in a random note, if someone else got hold of it, they'd get access to a safe or two with a key in it. Thanks to Hobonix's evidence, I don't know how she'd have left the key in the secret safe behind, even if she could have opened it. She would have had to get at the key in the butler's safe, use it to enter, murder the victim, and get back to the living room before meeting Apollo Justice. Also, if she wore sandals, then wouldn't she have ended up with bloody footprints, especially if she got close enough to the crime scene to pick up the gun (as she stated/lied)?

Given that I was reminded about the door, and that it was unlocked eventually at 11:50, that would have given Jane Doe (or w/e her name is) some time to sneak into the butler's room and put the key back in the safe, and plant the bloody sandals she probably stole and used to walk around in the blood upstairs (she would had to have swapped sandals before leaving the room, as the bloody footprints stop before leaving through the door). Given that the combination was discarded, ANYONE who got their hands on it could open the safes and get the keys.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

A safe option would really be a nice thing. Especially for those trials with a "full lifebar penalty" at the very end.

The keys aren't really contradicting with her entering the door, since it could have been open. They only begin to contradict after it has been established that the door was apparently locked at that time. Especially after Phoenix guaranteed that those are the only keys.

Well, about the blood, it was stated somewhere in the trial that the blood would dry really fast, so only the person who was there at the time of the murder would have gotten his/her sandals bloody. And, looking at the crime scene again, there is some distance between the gun and the blood.

About the combination note, it could have worked that way, but Apollo didn't present it yet. Does he even have it? Where could it be? :wink:
Could turn out to be a fairly powerful trump card, right?
Edit: The song when Phoenix guarantees things is called 'rougoku'.
Download (right-click and 'save target as')
JDavidC

Post by JDavidC »

That maid is REALLY suspicious. Jane Doe and the maid could be working together, and Jane Doe could go in, fire the gun shot, lock the door, and hand the key off to the maid. The maid could then take the key and put it anywhere needed, maybe leave it in the butler's safe where it normally is (obviously the written combination comes into play here), and then it gets found again in the safe, and used to gain entry to the murder scene.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Heh, someone who likes theorizing. Very good.
I better be careful. ^^

Oh, and her name isn't Jane Doe, it's............what was it again? xD
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

The given name of the maid is "Maria".
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Hmm...I think you misunderstood something.

1. I was talking about the victim's wife's name. (well, her first name is also Maria. Maria-Elizabeth Doe. Her husband made her add the second name due to strange reasons.)

2. Do you seriously believe that I would forget the names of my own characters? >_>
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Hey, Blackrune; If you need somebody to run a spellcheck on the series after it's done, I would be more than happy to do that for you. I'd proofread part 4 before it's ready as well; but like I said, this is an incredible series, and looking at the script while doing the proofreading rather than actually playing it would kind of ruin it for me (know that's a selfish reason)

I can get started now, if you like. Invite me to work on the trials if you're interested.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

I'd proofread part 4 before it's ready as well; but like I said, this is an incredible series, and looking at the script while doing the proofreading rather than actually playing it would kind of ruin it for me (know that's a selfish reason)
That's exactly why I didn't ask for spellcheckers/beta-testers for the previous parts. ^^
I always thoroughly playtested them myself, though. I always write down every error I notice, fix them all, and then playtest it again.

The only real problem could be the grammar/spelling errors. (since some of those might be impossible to spot for me.)

So I think I'll take your offer and invite you to check.
But please roughly report to me what you did via PM if it's something major like restructuring whole sentences.

(about the hidden profiles...I did not really expect that somebody would ever be able to read them. xD)

Thank you again for offering your help.
I hope you'll also check part 4 when it's complete. (after playing it, of course. ^^)
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

But please roughly report to me what you did via PM if it's something major like restructuring whole sentences.
I don't think I'll need to do anything like that, from my memory of the script. Worst thing would be I have to change one or two words. But if I do need to do something that drastic, I will absolutely contact you about it.

*cracks knuckles and gets started*

Edit: Hm. Even though you invited me to work on the trials, I can't seem to edit them, because the space where the edit button should be is blank...Meph, what's going on?

And yeah, if we can get through this little issue, I'll be happy to do part 4 when it's done, too.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Meph

Post by Meph »

BBblader wrote:Edit: Hm. Even though you invited me to work on the trials, I can't seem to edit them, because the space where the edit button should be is blank...Meph, what's going on?
You mean in the Trial Manager?
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Yes, I mean in the trial manager.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

Old bug, already has a topic of it's own. It is just a form screw up, making your own editor link will work fine.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.