[T] Ace Attorney: Judgement Seekers ★★○○○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

mAc Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Re: Trial: The Virtual Turnabout (Final part released!!)

Post by mAc Chaos »

Spoiler : LOLOL :
THE MIRACLE NEVER HAPPEN
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Just the beat the game, I applaud the work! The ending was especially twisting!
Spoiler : Ending :
I missed the conclusion! (didn't know there was one), mind spoiling the dialogue here?
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Spoiler : I'm typing this as I go. So yeah. Huge spoilers. Peeps who haven't played, don't read :
Some sort of hint system? Planted by Wright to mislead Apollo? That's...quite ingenious. And it's why I'm a pretty big fan of this whole virtual reality thing. It opens up a lot of possibilities not possible within the real AA world.

Lol, Maria's acting all nice now. As well she should be. You've got a lot to answer for, missy.

"Mr. Justice is a god?!" XD

...Maybe it's just me...wouldn't it make more sense to present the vase at "I noticed nothing strange" instead of "That's when you all rushed up"? That's what I thought made more sense. Then again, pressing does make it clear where you're supposed to present.

Uh...hidden maid powers...that's even more creepy than her red eyes sprite...say, who did those Maria sprites anyway? They're pretty well done. If they're edits, they're well disguised, because I can't tell what pieces were used at all)

Ah, THAT'S why she breaks them on purpose...anyway, from her appearance (mainly the fangs), I'm going to guess she's "Vampire"...I bet Richter is "Raven"! Long shot, but hey!

AHA! I was wondering when that crumpled paper was going to come into play. I had wanted to confront her about that the second I picked it up.

But wait a minute...that combination didn't work on Mr. Doe's safe. Maybe that's not the combination after all...?

Aha, it's not.

Ah...AHA. Now I understand that whole "Well yeah, Apollo's screwed as long as he thinks that trump card's a real one, lol" scene from earlier.

Hm...I'm supposed to prove there was a way around a fingerprint lock...how?! I'm stumped here...

The victim? Where are you going with this...?

C'mon, you're not REALLY going to let the case end on such a shoddy argument lik- oh, right. Wright was going to prosecute, he just made Godot and Edgebot.exe do all the work for him. Let's see where this goes.

Haha, red print. Owned XD

AHHHHH! THATS WHAT THE CHAIR BEING MOVED MEANT!!!! I totally didn't even think of that! I just thought (Well, the trial almost ended with the chair being completely ignored...) Ingenious! Absolutely ingenious!

WALTER?! I just went with him on a hunch...that he lied about locking the door.

Three possible areas of attack...want to make damn sure we don't get it on a wild guess, eh? Ugh...I even notice a problem, and I'm clueless on how to present it...

Ah, the answer lies in the footprints, and not the sandals...maybe you should make it so the sandals work when presented as well? Just a thought.

Indirectly decisive evidence? Uh...

*Presents broken vase after several game overs* What...? How does that work...? Where on earth is this going...?

Wounds on his...hobbling...OH MY GOD! That's brilliant! That didn't even occur to me!

I was wondering what happened to the JP Corporation. Nice to see they still tie into this somehow.

UH OEZ ITS A REAL CASE AND VAMPIRE AND RAVEN WANNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE GUYS WHO KNOW ABOUT JAMES?! WUT?!? Do I sense a sequel in the works...?
tl;dr, excellent conclusion to the trial. Wasn't expecting this direction at all, and I'm glad you finished it. This was too great of a concept to go to waste. Thanks for the credit too. And just to be sure I deserve that credit, I haven't forgotten, just been busy with my own trial and I have another family reunion tomorrow and I'm going to a baseball game the day after that so :/. If you'd like me to do some grammar fixes on this part too, I'll do so as soon as I have the time.

Oh, as for Part 3 being harder (I do agree, but Part 4 was still fairly challenging overall) that's kind of unavoidable. Part 3 is mostly just breaking down the basics, Part 4 is where the truth starts to unravel so naturally it's going to be harder to keep the difficulty up to speed, because you're thinking on the same level of the case more and more. I'm running into the same problem with my trial, so I understand :/
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Meph

Post by Meph »

Ha ha! Yes, it's released! I haven't played it yet, but make sure you get this reviewed.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

@mAc Chaos:
Spoiler : B-But...the miracle! :
Yeah, I just HAD to put that little pause there. xP
@Phantom:
Spoiler : You want spoiler? :
The conclusion? You mean the dialogue after the credits? It's not THAT important for this case, but I couldn't just leave the players wondering: "WHAT WAS THE PROLOGUE ABOUT!?"
@BBblader:
Spoiler : Commenting on some things :
I made those Maria-sprites myself. They're not edits of existing sprites...that's rare on AAO. Could be one of the first 'custom breakdowns' around here.

"Haha, red print. Owned XD"

I had to somewhat justify why Godot failed. He's to awesome to just forget about it.

"Ah, the answer lies in the footprints, and not the sandals...maybe you should make it so the sandals work when presented as well? Just a thought."

I don't know. You have to prove that the murderer 'interrupted in his steps'.

"Wounds on his...hobbling...OH MY GOD! That's brilliant! That didn't even occur to me!"

Yeah, part 1 had a lot of hints at the real truth glaring in your face. I did those flashbacks to show the player that I didn't just mention that for fun. Part 2 was intended to lead the player on the completely wrong track...heh, just as planned.
All the seemingly important evidence (crumpled paper) turned out to be useless, and all that other stuff you carry around is suddenly important (chair, shards)

And yes, possible sequel is possible...still wouldn't explain it all, though. Another series that will never get finished, perhaps?
Meph

Post by Meph »

Here's my feedback on the introduction:- In the end bit where you confront Phoenix, make sure you turn it into a confrontation view when that feature becomes available. It would look really good like that, since that seems to be the intended effect anyway.

Also, make sure you use the "End trial" action at the end, so that it automatically goes to the next part.
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

YES, IT'S RELEASED!

I'm definitely going to play this tonight. Be sure to expect some feedback! ;)
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Confrontation view? What's that? :?

The parts are linked together now.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Blackrune wrote:Confrontation view? What's that? :?
Like in AAI. I should call it the rebuttal view. ;)

Image This trial is pending a review to become a featured trial.
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

Very good work. But there was like 2-3 trivial grammar mistakes where the sentence didn't make sense. Like "interrupted in his steps". Nice idea with the visual barrier. Get this featured now.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
mAc Chaos

Re: ☆ Trial: The Virtual Turnabout (Final part released!!)

Post by mAc Chaos »

Spoiler : Godot :
I too immediately noticed the error, so I was wondering why you were letting Godot lose. I liked how you mentioned the red print. I was like GODOT C'MON, WHY AREN'T YOU OBJECTING.
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Spoiler : :
Honestly, I didn't notice that at first. I caught on as soon as Phoenix said there was something wrong with it, though.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Moltor

Post by Moltor »

Amazing. Sorry I don't have any constructive feedback beyond "Holy crap, that was awesome" but holy crap, that was awesome.
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

You might want to check some of the grammar, but it was far from atrocious. Far far far far.

That was truly awesome. But you might want to make some more sprites for the maid. She was just standing there in the same pose all the time.
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Dypo wrote:You might want to check some of the grammar, but it was far from atrocious. Far far far far.

That was truly awesome. But you might want to make some more sprites for the maid. She was just standing there in the same pose all the time.
Yes, grammar is my weakness...

More poses? Nah, too much work. It took years to make the current ones look acceptable. ^^"