[T] Secrets of a Turnabout ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Singapore123
Spoken languages: English, 1337, french, spanish,

Re: Trial: Secrets of a Turnabout

Post by Singapore123 »

LOLmg!

Cliffhanger!
Master Of Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Post by Master Of Chaos »

Meph wrote::P

I have created Trial Latter... but I haven't done anything in it.
Well, please do. With every passing day, the suspense tears me up, little by little. eventually, I will explode from the inside, doomed to never know what becomes of the characters!
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Meph

Post by Meph »

Don't worry. I've started working on it now. :P

But it's great that the story is doing what I want it to do! :D
Zeanōto
Spoken languages: English, Español

Post by Zeanōto »

Meph wrote:But it's great that the story is doing what I want it to do! :D
To make everyone explode out of anxiety? You're one evil man, buster.
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

:holdit: If Meph wants this trial to be Featured.....Can he do the review himself?
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Obviously not, Shadow will have to do it.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Meph

Post by Meph »

That's one reason why I like to have three QA reviewers. :P
Meph

Post by Meph »

Update
I haven't made much progress with the final part, because I've been busy with the awards and the Christmas stuff at church and whatnot. Speaking of awards....

Secrets of a Turnabout has been nominated for the Best most promising in-complete trial. It's an honour to know that everyone loves this trial so much. I think it's the best I've ever written, and it's great to know that you all love it! Thanks. :D Please vote for it if you think it deserves it.

But also, Turnabout Carjack has been nominated for Best serious trial of 2010. I don't think it deserves to be regarded as the best trial of this year. Even still, if it won, that would be great. However, it was also nominated for Best emotional story in a serious trial. I'm glad that the ending turned out as I wanted it to: an emotional roller coaster. I wasn't expecting it to be that good, so it's great that I've even been nominated for that award! The Curse of Samhain Night deserves it too, though, so vote for which one affected you the strongest. Thanks everyone! :D
Tap

Post by Tap »

You know, Meph, I think I've figured out why there was always something irritating me about the characters in this case. There's no doubt it's brilliant... but I always found that having Thalassa kidnapped and not explaining why being a bit cheap. Apollo's insistence at saving his mother and protecting his sister irked me as well.

When I was playing JFA the other day, it clicked. The reason I feel this way is because there is a lack of emotional development between your characters. It took six (if you include RFTA then seven) cases to develop the bonds between Maya and Phoenix. When Pearl was added into those bonds, they were strengthened. By 2-3, we could see such a strong emotional connection between Maya and Phoenix which is why the kidnapping was so effective in 2-4. It tore his heart into two when he had to decide between saving Maya or getting Engarde convicted.

By the end of AJ, Apollo and Trucy had started to develop a similar bond however, if Capcom revealed their relationship in Case 4, then no doubt it would have been even stronger. You would then expect 3 or four other cases which would simply serve the purpose of strengthening their bond until something dramatic happened, a la 2-4.

It just feels odd that Apollo has all these unknown emotions when we haven't really experienced their development. I don't know what other people think but Apollo feels very OOC because we haven't seen how he's grown and accepted Thalassa and Trucy into his life. By thrusting players straight into this possible situation, it seems weak when you don't back it up like the games. ;)

3-5 had similar concept as well except it was on a greater magnitude because it went against everything Phoenix hated and tried to forget as well as Maya's insecurity, love for her sister as well as waiting for her mother. That's why it was so effective when Elise Deauxnim's identity was pointed out. We had seen three games of character and emotional development.

Y'know, I could probably write an entire essay on this. :XD:
ImageImage
Meph

Post by Meph »

Lol. Yeah, it's weird. :XD:

I guess there's nothing I can do about it really. I've been thinking about this too, from time to time. I thought it was a bit weird as well, since Apollo had only just met his mother. I did my best to make it work, but if I had made this after GS5 and 6 (if they're ever created), then it would work a lot more. I just have to go with what I've got.
Tap wrote:but I always found that having Thalassa kidnapped and not explaining why being a bit cheap.
I thought I did? It was a very simple reason.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Update
I should do more of these updates. They generate a lot of hype. :P

Writing has picked up again. In just a week, I have written 300 frames. Who knows; I may be able to finish this within February! This is going to be quite a big part though, and will most likely exceed 1000 frames.

Also, I have asked a skilled sprite artist to help me out a bit with the project. ;)
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

MLK, or did he get scared by the offer?
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Meph

Post by Meph »

Yes, it's MLK. ;) But he's busy working on other things at the moment.
Meph

Post by Meph »

I need a bit of help finding a sound effect. Could someone find me a sound file of analogue TV audio noise?

EDIT: Oh. I found some. :XD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colors_of_noise
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

That's an easy one, just run a random number generator. I've done it myself, it's like one line of code for the actual sample generation, the rest is stock output code.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.