[T] Secrets of a Turnabout ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Trial: Secrets of a Turnabout

Post by kwando1313 »

WHY DID YOU LIE TO US LIKE THAT MEPH!!! (Plus, the trial auto-loaded to the "final" part...)
Spoiler : :
That was quite an interesting trial. However, there were a few random sprite errors (EX: Judge appearing not on his screen, or the witness not appearing on the stand but that might come from me playing before you playtested it...)

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

I'm noticing a lot of missing periods after honorifics, I.e Mr Payne instead of Mr. Payne...

Oh, and periods are making your dialogue sound dry at times. I.e, "(I thought I was the one who was meant to be defending Nathan.)" sounds better with an ellipsis, and
Spoiler : semi spoilery dialogue :
"This court has still failed my son, and that shall not be forgiven."
sounds better with an exclamation mark.

"D-Don't be rediculous!" You misspelled ridiculous? Don't be ridiculous! :XD:
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? It's not the final part? D:

Oh well... I guess I'll just give some random thoughts.
Spoiler : You deserve crrrriticism :
I noticed a few small errors with sprites appearing on the wrong background.

And finally this guy's hate for the law is starting to make sense. I mean he should know how easy it apparently is to rig a jury. And there are judges who ignore them...(I'm really starting to like the victim for pulling something like that.) and bailiffs who can just take GUNS out of evidence lockers without anybody noticing. Why do bailiffs have access to that stuff anyway? And shouldn't somebody notice that a gun is missing? Should be possible to check... or are you telling me they don't even have a list of what's kept where? AND WHY AREN'T THE POST-TRIAL REPORTS ARCHIVED! Maybe a little bit too much plot-convenience there. ^^'
But yeah, pretty much everything seems to be wrong with the court here. I can understand that guy. :P
Though... he could tone down a little on threatening that 'he'd leave now and kill Thalassa', just to come back a few Objections later. Doesn't create that much suspense when it's already the 4./5. time he's saying that. And no, the nice knife image won't change that fact. :P

The testimonies weren't that difficult, but the many revelations kept me interested.
Overall, a solid third part I guess. But it doesn't seem like there'd be that much left for the next part. I hope you still have some twists left. An intriguing cliffhanger, too. How is this going to be resolved... maybe he'll convince Plamen somehow... though I don't see how that could be accomplished.
That was quite interesting, Meph.
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

@BBblader
BBblader© wrote:I'm noticing a lot of missing periods after honorifics, I.e Mr Payne instead of Mr. Payne...
This has been discussed before. :P I'm using British grammar. We don't put full stops after prefixes.
BBblader© wrote:Oh, and periods are making your dialogue sound dry at times. I.e, "(I thought I was the one who was meant to be defending Nathan.)" sounds better with an ellipsis, and "This court has still failed my son, and that shall not be forgiven." sounds better with an exclamation mark.

"D-Don't be rediculous!" You misspelled ridiculous? Don't be ridiculous! :XD:
I never realised that punctuation marks were so important to you, BBblader. :P I'll fix that.
@Blackrune
I'm glad the plot was keeping you intruged. That puts my mind at rest. :XD: I keep getting worried each time I release a new chapter in case I've made it too mad or I've compressed so much into it.
I noticed a few small errors with sprites appearing on the wrong background.
I thought I'd fixed all of them, but thanks for telling me. ;)
AND WHY AREN'T THE POST-TRIAL REPORTS ARCHIVED! Maybe a little bit too much plot-convenience there. ^^'
It's perfectly fine to have a plot convenience if the protagonist says, "Well that was convenient..." :P
Though... he could tone down a little on threatening that 'he'd leave now and kill Thalassa', just to come back a few Objections later. Doesn't create that much suspense when it's already the 4./5. time he's saying that. And no, the nice knife image won't change that fact. :P
I know, I know. But it's a really sense situation and I don't know any other way of handling it.
The testimonies weren't that difficult, but the many revelations kept me interested.
It's not that mine are easy; it's that yours are too bloody hard! :P You've even got Tap doing it now!

I like to make my testimonies rewarding without requiring too much thinking. I thought that Giovanni's testimony would actually be a bit difficult, but I guess not. :XD:
Overall, a solid third part I guess. But it doesn't seem like there'd be that much left for the next part. I hope you still have some twists left. An intriguing cliffhanger, too. How is this going to be resolved... maybe he'll convince Plamen somehow... though I don't see how that could be accomplished.
We've only uncovered the back-story in this part. Don't forget that we still don't know the details of what happened in the actual crime. Admittedly, it probably won't be as long as chapter 3, but there's still a lot of revelations yet to come. ;)
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

I like Giovanni. But!
Spoiler : giovanni :
His reactions seem a bit disproportional though. Like, being arrested for robbing a game store. That doesn't seem like it's too big of a crime. It's not like he was framed for murder or something. I'm sure his son got like 2-3 years and could be out on the streets again ignoring the law because of his father's protection in only a matter of time.

I like how the defendant eventually got tangled up into testifying. And then we find out he wasn't so bad after all.
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Thanks. :)
mAc Chaos wrote:
Spoiler : giovanni :
It's not like he was framed for murder or something. I'm sure his son got like 2-3 years and could be out on the streets again ignoring the law because of his father's protection in only a matter of time.
That will be explained in chapter 4. ;)
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

I finally played Part 3 and I really liked it =)
The plot gets more interesting and deepens, and each background character gets his own protagonism, which is good

There were missing words, grammar mistakes, sprite errors, missing timers, but they didn't bother me much
The difficulty in overall is quite easy but I think that what makes this case a good case is the story ;)

I'm looking forward to playing part 4 =)
Meph

Post by Meph »

Thank, Dan. :)

I'm not sure where all of the missing words and whatnot are. It's hard to notice them when I've been developing this so long; I skip past them when I playtest without realising. :XD: They should all get fixed when I ask for a QA review.
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

You know you suck when you can't get past the very first testimony.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Apparently, the first testimony isn't very hard, so I won't change it. However, I thought it would be a bit hard, so I'll give you a few clues. :)
To pass the testimony, you need to present evidence on a statement.
The statement is hidden.
Remember the key to the case!
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

Are you sure that you didn't outsource this to someone else? Because there are some typos and even a floating sprite.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Meph

Post by Meph »

As I say, I've checked for as many as I can, but I'm not able to notice them all. It would be helpful if people actually pointed out where they are. :P
oyeah1988

Post by oyeah1988 »

One off the top of my head: it's "Acquittal" not "Aquittal." Also I believe you spelled Wright "Wight" once or twice.
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

I suppose I'll go through this and check for the errors myself, since it's not so long. Check soon, Meph. Also, now that you're done Part 3 you can play my trial!!!! *COUGH*
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
Meph

Post by Meph »

It's alright, Chaos. You don't have to play it again. ^_^