[T] Mia Fey: ASA (Important Development News!) ★○○○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Blizdi
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Mia Fey: ASA (Turnabout! Pt 1 and 2. v2 Live!) ★○○○○

Post by Blizdi »

E.D.Revolution wrote:Slowing down to a crawl. I'm so busy with real life here that I barely had time to work on the case.
Ah... bummer.

Hope you find time to finish the case. And include even MORE Jeopardy puns!@ :pearlhappy:
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

Hi E.D. Revolution,
I just finished part 2 of Turnabout!. :mia: Do you have any idea when part 3 will be released? :maya:
Thanks,
AceAttorneyMaster111
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

It may take a long time to get part 3 released. I have other stuff that needs to get finished before I can continue with this. And I release it in dual parts.
AceAttorneyMaster111

Alright, thanks! Just please, please hurry it up! :manella:
E.D.Revolution

Re: [T] Mia Fey: ASA (Important Development News!) ★○○○○

Post by E.D.Revolution »

It's time to break some surprising news.

I do not see my signature series, Mia Fey: Ace Spirit Attorney, having a future on Ace Attorney Online. I felt that I need to find something else that can unlock my true vision for this case is a... very elegant and awesome manner. I can't see this happening on AAO. I've got a lot planned for it, but, starting today, it will not be on AAO. I will be discontinuing the series for AAO.

So am I quitting the series for good? Hell no! :tigre:

You see, I found an engine that can and will fulfill my needs for this series. And that engine is PyWright. And what's even better? I have a custom engine specifically designed for this case, designed specifically from me.

So it's time to put it out there.

Mia Fey: Ace Spirit Attorney will now move over to PyWright. You can find the PyWright version here, which has been made live.

I will keep the AAO links here. Unless there's some critical and/or casebreaking bugs, I will not be fixing the AAO version. I'll still be available to answer question from newbies and such regarding solutions and such. But, like I said, no new cases or fixes for AAO.
AceAttorneyMaster111

Will you still post here when you've completed a new section?
Domyce432
Spoken languages: Italian, Decent English

Post by Domyce432 »

Awwwwww, too bad. Then I guess I'll have to play it on PyWright...

EDIT: I tried to play on PyWright and after I click Play the window closes itself. :side:
What should I do?
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over"
- Diego Armando.
Credit do Ceres/Mr. Incognito for designing the boxart template I used for my Boxart(s)!
Credit to everyone who supported me and my project!

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Until I get home I won't be abe to see the problem. It might be taking too long to load. Try loading the thing again
Domyce432

Post by Domyce432 »

E.D.Revolution wrote:Until I get home I won't be abe to see the problem. It might be taking too long to load. Try loading the thing again
Now it works fine. :shock:
But... This happened again after scene 6. I think this is my PC's problem. Maybe the case data is too Big, and it crashes.
- Diego Armando.
Credit do Ceres/Mr. Incognito for designing the boxart template I used for my Boxart(s)!

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

It's likely your PC. Save as often as you can.

EDIT: You might have a memory leak. Go to the PyWright main folder and delete the log and last log. Then run the system. Run until it crashes. Send me the crash report (the log and/or last log file) via PM. Also, try to set PyWright.exe as the highest priority when running it, which can be set via task manager.
Mr. Onizuka
Spoken languages: English, Español

Post by Mr. Onizuka »

Just out of curiosity: why do you need the engine change? I mean, specifically what problem did you find in AAO that's solved in PyWright?
Domyce432

Post by Domyce432 »

I think he changed the engine because PyWright has got:
  • Smoother game (AAOfps < PyWrightfps);
  • Custom Engine (I think he means the customized in-game buttons, like the Press Button);
  • More accurate authenticity;
  • Double screen (Just like the original games, but lower screen is customizable);
  • Easy-looped music;
  • And more stuff I don't know about.
E.D.Revolution wrote: EDIT: You might have a memory leak. Go to the PyWright main folder and delete the log and last log. Then run the system. Run until it crashes. Send me the crash report (the log and/or last log file) via PM. Also, try to set PyWright.exe as the highest priority when running it, which can be set via task manager.
Oh. I didn't see the edit. I'm going to send you the PM.
- Diego Armando.

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Domyce432 wrote:I think he changed the engine because PyWright has got:
  • Smoother game (AAOfps < PyWrightfps); True 60 fps. Don't have to deal with gif nonsense. Also things load a hell of a lot faster and a hell of a lot more cleanly.
  • Custom Engine (I think he means the customized in-game buttons, like the Press Button); This is a neat plus, the custom buttons and whatnot.
  • More accurate authenticity; Yes, and I customized the engine to do so.
  • Double screen (Just like the original games, but lower screen is customizable); The double screen has its advantages vs the "all evidence on screen" AAO has.
  • Easy-looped music; Looping is much cleaner on Py.
  • And more stuff I don't know about.
The customization power of PyWright is unbelievable. If you've played through the PyWright version, you can see that I can customize UIs very well.
Spoiler : :
The second to final present is a testament to how much I can customize the UI to present a puzzle. It's also a proof-of-concept of a similar puzzle I plan to import in the future.
I have a lot of ideas I want to implement for my series. In my head, I know I can do them on AAO, but I also know it's going to be very messy. When I saw what Py can do, I started to think that I can do this much more seamlessly and cleanly than what I can do on AAO.

Heck, I was doing a lot of experiments on PyWright to test my ideas. I found a better way to implement Psyche Locks authentically. I have a proven proof-of-concept for implementing Perceive authentically. Both of those standard AA features are already able to be scripted into any PyWright game. But I've rewritten the code for Psyche Locks for authenticity and simplicity (I've mentioned this in the v6 Psyche Locks guide). And the next update for PyWright will include improved Psyche Locks based on my code and assets. Psyche Locks, while much better implemented on v6, has some things that still get to me (this is related to the loading issues).

Anyway, there's a lot of stuff I want to do for ASA that can be done on both systems. I prefer PyWright just due to how much better it is to AAO.
Last edited by Enthalpy on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing censor bypassing and aggression against AAO.
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

These are all pretty fair reasons, especially the smoothness - I can get pretty annoyed at how a lot of things are just slightly off how they should optimally work. The main benefits to AAO are basically its ease of use and its much more expansive community (that I'm aware of??? is there a site i'm not seeing that has been updated in the last year?), so if you want to migrate from it to something more technically inclined, I think it's totally fair.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Domyce432

Post by Domyce432 »

E.D.Revolution wrote:
The customization power of PyWright is unbelievable. If you've played through the PyWright version, you can see that I can customize UIs very well.
Spoiler : :
The second to final present is a testament to how much I can customize the UI to present a puzzle. It's also a proof-of-concept of a similar puzzle I plan to import in the future.
I have a lot of ideas I want to implement for my series. In my head, I know I can do them on AAO, but I also know it's going to be very messy. When I saw what Py can do, I started to think that I can do this much more seamlessly and cleanly than what I can do on AAO.

Heck, I was doing a lot of experiments on PyWright to test my ideas. I found a better way to implement Psyche Locks authentically. I have a proven proof-of-concept for implementing Perceive authentically. Both of those standard AA features are already able to be scripted into any PyWright game. But I've rewritten the code for Psyche Locks for authenticity and simplicity (I've mentioned this in the v6 Psyche Locks guide). And the next update for PyWright will include improved Psyche Locks based on my code and assets. Psyche Locks, while much better implemented on v6, has some things that still get to me (this is related to the loading issues).

Anyway, there's a lot of stuff I want to do for ASA that can be done on both systems. I prefer PyWright just due to how much better it is to AAO.
So THAT's why you changed engine.

Spoiler : OT :
My reaction to:
Last edited by Enthalpy on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing censor bypassing and aggression against AAO.

"Aggression?"
:shock:
- Diego Armando.

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO