[T] Mia Fey: ASA (Important Development News!) ★○○○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

[T] Mia Fey: ASA (Important Development News!) ★○○○○

Post by E.D.Revolution »

This series has helped me win the AAOAA Best New Trial Award for 2010! Thanks for all who voted for me.
Important news:
All development for Mia Fey: Ace Spirit Attorney on Ace Attorney Online will be discontinued. The series will be moved and ported to PyWright. The AAO links will be kept up, but there will be no fixing done unless there are bugs. The series will continue for case 2 on PyWright.

Introduction:
Spoiler : A tragic motivation :
The DL-6 case. The most infamous case in the Ace Attorney series, where three people have been trapped in an elevator. Unfortunately one does not survive. No one knows who was the murderer. The police had no clues, so they had to rely on Misty Fey to channel the spirit of Gregory Edgeworth to find the killer. Unfortunately, Gregory Edgeworth was killed while unconscious, so he thought it was Yanni Yogi. That was a wrong answer, and Yanni Yogi was acquitted of all charges. For 15 years this case has haunted many people, including the Fey family.

Mia Fey knew something was wrong about the DL-6 case. She was set to become the next Master of the Kurain Channeling technique, but she relinquished that title for *personal* reasons. She became a lawyer in order to find out the truth about DL-6 and to find out where her mother could be hiding.
Follow Mia Fey, the original Turnabout Lawyer, as she uncovers the secrets of DL-6. Murder after murder, incident after incident, Mia Fey is one step closer to the the truth about DL-6. But at the same time, she's also getting herself into a cutthroat world of law, where all is not what it seems. In fact, the law system is broken. Prosecutors getting replaced every week, the prosecution department short on prosecutors... Utter chaos in the law. The ultimate question: will Mia Fey survive the world of law, and will she uncover the truth about DL-6? Or will she die trying?

The series:
This series takes place between the events of "Turnabout Memories (3-1)" and "Turnabout Sisters (1-2)." This will span five cases, and only one series. It will focus mostly on the year before 1-2. This will be an alternate universe, so events that aren't supposed to happen in canon (such as who Mia meets in case 2) will be fanon. Because this is a Mia Fey exclusive series, spoilers are mostly from 3-1, 3-4, 1-2 and 1-4. However, there might be spoilers from other parts of the series. You need to have played 3-1 in order to play my first case on. Music spoilers are from all five games (barring AAI-2, Dual Destinies, and PL vs AA). Read each case for that case's particular spoiler.

Features:
  • Courtroom trials and drama
  • Detailed Investigations
  • Prosecutor Rebuttals
  • Psyche-locks
  • HP system modeled exactly like PW: T&T
  • and other unknown Kurain techniques
Cases:
★ Featured Trial, currently the ONLY featured trial.
(court case only)
Completion: 100%
It has very minor 3-1 spoilers, but they're barely noticeable. You can play this case along with 3-1.
Spoiler : Summary :
A man has been found beaten and shot in a back alley. A suspect has been arrested, but Mia Fey knows something about the crime scene doesn't add up to the facts. She will settle these contradictions in court.
Characters:
  • :mia:: The star defense attorney
  • :maya:: The co-council
  • :gumshoe:: The detective for this case
  • Winston Payne: prosecutor
  • Bob Canularoff: the victim
  • Woori Wart: the accused
  • and others
(full case, two days).
Completion:
Part 1: 100%
Part 2: 100%
Part 3: Creative Stage... 75%.
Part 4: Creative Stage... 20%
Easter Egg has major spoilers from 3-1 and 3-4. Music from 3-5. If you avoid easter egg, you should be fine. The rest of the case only has spoilers from 1-5. Other than that, it's a totally original case. One very, very major AAI spoiler, but can be avoided if you choose the correct path.
After Jeopardy! airs a high-stakes game (much akin to the Ultimate Tournament of Champions in 2005), a triple murder is discovered at the set of Jeopardy! The suspect is involved in the show, but somehow Mia and Maya know that he can't be the true serial murderer. The suspect also has knowledge of DL-6, but he's not talking until Mia can get a "not guilty" verdict for him. Will Mia be able to prove the innocence of the suspect? What exactly does the suspect know about the DL-6 case? Could that be a bargaining tool? Familiar cases will start to pop up in this case, but why?
Spoiler : Case 2 Credits (to be updated) :
  • Jeopardy! and Sony Pictures Studios for the Jeopardy! themes used in this case
  • Phantom: for betatesting, co-writing, and making a custom background for my case
  • Unas: for the original custom Prosecutor sprite
  • Tap: for the whole sprite sheet for the custom Prosecutor. Also, original betatester my case.
  • Filip1236: for custom backgrounds
  • Rina-chan (yes, the voice actress!), for the :objection: clips for witness and prosecutor.
  • General Luigi (from CR) for the zoom-out prosecutor sprite.
  • oyeah1988 and Apollo Grimoire (AAO), and aznpincer (CR) for betatesting the latest version.
(Full case, two days)
Completion: Creative stage
Planned case will contain no spoilers.
Mia is at a lawyer's convention at a famous hotel. At the same time, there's a political convention going on at another convention hall at the same hotel. The next day, one of the diplomats has been found dead in a hotel room. Familiar faces start popping up in this case, including a prosecutor she didn't expect to see again.

You know the famous sayings:
All is fair in love and war.
Politics is war without the bloodshed. - Mao Tse-tung
In war, you can only be killed once, but in politics, many times. - Winston Churchill

Mia will soon find out how true (and ironic) those statements are.
(full case)
Planned case might contain spoilers from 1-4, 2-2, and 3-5. Not confirmed.
A young woman has been arrested in a case that is particularly gruesome. There are not one, two, but seven victims! What appears to be a ritualistic sacrificial murder spirals into something bigger. It gets so big that it start to consume a famous family. What Mia might discover about the case could potentially put her life on jeopardy.
(full case)
Sorry, pal. But you're not going to get any information on this case, yet. This case is top-secret. Interpret the title however you want. Not even the spoilers.
Last edited by E.D.Revolution on Sat May 23, 2015 5:38 am, edited 69 times in total.
LucasJay
Spoken languages: English

Re: Trial Series: Mia Fey: Ace Spirit Attorney

Post by LucasJay »

epic epic epic epic
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

Why am I not allowed to tell him that the gun was fired twice? It is a rather obvious contradiction.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

I removed the link to the trial. Please, make sure that the vocabulary you use is suitable for minors.
Feel free to put the link again when you will have corrected the trial.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

There was unecessary strong language in this one. Since when is everyone swearing around in the court room? Oo
You also had Gumshoe going on about point-blank =/= contact shot but that piece of evidence was never used so what's the point? :?

Also...why did the defendant get arrested again? Unknown fingerprints on the gun + a newspaper article that strongly implies that it's a setup from a third party (+ eyewitnesses who saw it). Yet they trust the ONLY witness who told them that he saw the defendant shoot.
I guess the police just arrests whoever is nearest to the corpse...then again...it IS canon that the police in PW does things like that. :wink:

Oh, and the time of death in the autopsy report is wrong. It states May 22nd, while everything else states July 22nd.
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

henke37 wrote:Why am I not allowed to tell him that the gun was fired twice? It is a rather obvious contradiction.
Spoiler : :
That depends on who you're asking about. It's kinda obvious if Gumshoe is the one talking about it. If it's about Triad, just remember that he was "witnessing" the crime. The statement would make sense at the time.
Blackrune wrote:You also had Gumshoe going on about point-blank =/= contact shot but that piece of evidence was never used so what's the point?
This is the type of evidence that will fall under "things not useful immediately, but will be very useful later." This means that it's not so useful now, but it will be used in other trials. It's the kind of evidence that will eventually be found in Mia Fey's Law Library. I'm not sure how to incorporate it, as of yet.
Blackrune wrote:Oh, and the time of death in the autopsy report is wrong. It states May 22nd, while everything else states July 22nd.
Fixed.
Danielinhoni wrote:Please, make sure that the vocabulary you use is suitable for minors.
Oh, dear. I knew this was going to happen. I guess I'll find another way to get away with this.. :fran: Is it down to "acceptable" levels now?
henke37

Post by henke37 »

No, it is not dependent on who claimed it. A witness is expected to be able to tell the difference between one and two shots, it is a clear contradiction that either should be removed or made a legal option. This is far from the first case where the number of bullets are wrong. You can't just deny it. It's an unwritten law of murder mysteries, if someone gets a count wrong, it is a real contradiction.
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

henke37 wrote:No, it is not dependent on who claimed it. A witness is expected to be able to tell the difference between one and two shots, it is a clear contradiction that either should be removed or made a legal option. This is far from the first case where the number of bullets are wrong. You can't just deny it. It's an unwritten law of murder mysteries, if someone gets a count wrong, it is a real contradiction.
:objection:
No, no. Just because the police knows that it was fired twice and the witness saw it fire once doesn't automatically qualify it as a contradiction. In fact, you need to look at the evidence even more. I kinda made it clear that the contradiction of shots isn't a really a legitimate objection, in this case. Look at it more. Once you finish the case (it's becoming quite clear to me that you didn't), you'll see why this contradiction truly exists. Either that, or come to conclusion of the truth based on the evidence.
henke37

Post by henke37 »

It's a contradiction because it's all a lie. So yeah, of course it is a contradiction. It is a rather strong contradiction, the real games even have weaker ones than this one. The number of bullets is always important. A witness is simply not allowed not to explain why they didn't witness the correct number.

And of course I finished the case. Do you expect me to just give up? I always finish the full game before complaining about plotholes.
Moltor

Post by Moltor »

Yeah, it's annoying that pointing out the two shots contradiction doesn't work. You could have the witness or Payne make up an explanation for it and require the player to find the other contradiction to advance.
And Triad's last testimony was silly. I wasn't thinking of the stuff Mia said, I just presented his profile cause his name is frickin' Triad. :)
I loved the story though. It's like a reality/AA crossover! I hope you finish this series. I'd like to see what other real world stuff you can bring into Mia's backstory.
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

All right. I'm going to explain why the two bullets will never work in the testimony, since this issue is actually annoying me:
Did you forget to check the Newspaper clipping? That evidence would counter the two bullet theory at the early stage. It would also counter the two bullet theory when the star witness comes out. If you enough people request me to write it in, I will do so, but I thought you'd figure that out without my help.
Moltor wrote:
And Triad's last testimony was silly. I wasn't thinking of the stuff Mia said, I just presented his profile cause his name is frickin' Triad. :)
I loved the story though. It's like a reality/AA crossover! I hope you finish this series. I'd like to see what other real world stuff you can bring into Mia's backstory.
Only people who know about the Triad would get that reference. :lol: Everyone knows the Cosa Nostra, the Mafia, the Japanese Yakuza but who knows about the Chinese Triad? You get what I'm saying?
Moltor

Post by Moltor »

Alright, fair enough about the shots. I forgot about that bit in the newspaper article. But the Blagojevich file in the court record tells us about his involvement with the Triad before Mr. Triad testifies.
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Ehh. Even so... I just seem to think that not a lot people know about the Triad. I hope I'm wrong... :sawhit:
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I've been thinking for a while. The first trial has been on for a few weeks. I was thinking of getting it featured. I would like to get an opinion for this before I ask.

Should I get it featured?
If so, should I change the facts a little to reflect the recent developments regarding Rod Blagojevich?
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

I'll give you my professional opinion. ;)

EDIT: Yes, try and get it featured. However, before you do, read this guide I wrote. :)