[M] The Omniscient Game (Final Round: 70%) ●●●●●●○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Jean Of mArc
Spoken languages: English, French, Japanese

[M] The Omniscient Game (Final Round: 70%) ●●●●●●○

Post by Jean Of mArc »

Synopsis: Some of your favourite Ace Attorney characters are the latest contestants on The Omniscient Game, a game show in which the contestants each have their own lawyer, who is trying to prove that they know more than anyone else! Join Phoenix Wright, Dick Gumshoe and Maya Fey as they go head-to-head against Winston Payne and his niece Lisa LeBlanc, and Franziska von Karma and her contestant Bill Blake. Who will walk away from this once-in-a-lifetime battle with the million-dollar cash prize?

Spoiler Check: This game uses characters and eludes to plot points from the games "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" and "Phoenix Wright: Justice For All". It also uses music from the afore-mentioned games, along with some music from "Trials & Tribulations". It contains one character from "Apollo Justice", and one from "Trials & Tribulations", however there are no spoilers from those games at all.

--- Final Round Statement Submissions ---

Submit Your Statements Here!

It is time once again to collect statements from you, AAO members, for the Final Round of The Omniscient Game (which will be coming after Round 7 is released). In preparation, please submit your statements for the final battle of knowledge! (Note: if you have already submitted statements for the Lightning Round which were NOT in the game, then there is no need to re-submit them; I still have them).

you can submit any statement you like, within certain guidelines:
  • It must be objectionably true and be easily verifiable.
  • It must be about the real-world, not a fictional one (for example, nothing from novels or television shows).
  • Please do not submit any more statements about video games! I already have more than enough of those, and they likely won't be used very often (for sake of broader knowledge and variety).
Here's how it works:
Click on the link below, and then enter a TRUE statement. Provide 3 FALSE versions of the statement as well, by providing alternative words. For example:
In 1861, Abraham Lincoln became the 16th President of the United States.
In 1681, Abraham Lincoln became the 16th President of the United States.
In 1861, Ronald Reagan became the 16th President of the United States.
In 1861, Abraham Lincoln became the 16th President of Japan.

You will have to break up your statements by words, so it will look more like this:
In |1861 |, |Abraham Lincoln | became the 16th President of | the United States |. |

To do this, simply click on the following link and enter in your statements! They will automatically be submitted to me once you click the "Submit" button:
Final Round Statement Submitter

--- Round 6: Blakebeard's Tricks ---

After months of anticipation, it is finally time for Phoenix and Gumshoe to take Blake and von Karma head on!
  • Thanks again to flitchard for his help with scripting, and to him and Trialman for making bug reports!
  • This is the biggest round yet, at almost 4000 frames! A lot of frames have been dedicated to choosing the "wrong" answers, so please don't be shy to test them out!
  • This is also a very challenging round. Whereas the Lightning Round worked your reflexes, this round will be working your brain muscles. If you are having trouble, please refer to the hint guide below.
  • I have changed the scoring at the end of the round so that the totals are given (how many true, how many false, etc) however, it does NOT give a statement-by-statement replay. This is to prevent spoiling the answers for when you play again!
  • I plan to post all my custom sprites/backgrounds in my Art thread after a week or so (so they don't spoil the game for anyone).
  • Please leave your impressions as a post! (And please put spoilers in spoiler tags!)
You can obtain my custom sprites (including Pirate Judge) here.

--- Round 6 Hint Guide ---

Statements 1 and 2 are fairly straight-forward, however for the rest of the statements, von Karma and Blake have snuck in a number of tricks. To help you out, here are some hints. Try reading Hint #1, so see if that suits you. If not, then read the next Hints. I have broken the hints down bit by bit, so as to not give too much at once.
Spoiler : Statement 3: Hint #1 :
There may be more than one problem with this statement, which may require you to present the badge more than one time.
Spoiler : Statement 3: Hint #2 :
A quick search online for Blackbeard should give you all the information you need to find the problems in this statement.
Spoiler : Statement 4: Hint #1 :
A number of rules may be in question of being broken by this statement. Present the Rulebook.
Spoiler : Statement 4: Hint #2 :
Specifically, this statement is not verifiable.
Spoiler : Statement 4: Hint #3 :
You want to try and get Redbeard to say words indicating that she wants to be a pirate. Redbeard is a parrot, and therefore quotes things she has heard.
Spoiler : Statement 4: Hint #4 :
If you question Redbeard about her "Interests" and then "...what she likes", she will tell you something very helpful.
Spoiler : Statement 4: Hint #5 :
You need to try and get her to quote a movie that indicates a desire to be a pirate.
Spoiler : Statement 4: Hint #6 :
"Pirates of the Caribbean" has one such quote.
Spoiler : Statement 5: Hint #1 :
Present the rulebook at this statement. Which rule has been broken?
Spoiler : Statement 5: Hint #2 :
"anyone except not pirates" can also mean "nobody except pirates" which can be simplified to...
Spoiler : Statement 5: Hint #3 :
"did not rarely" simply means that they "usually" did something.
Spoiler : Statement 5: Hint #4 :
"ensconce" means to conceal.
Spoiler : Statement 5: Hint #5 :
"in cases contrary to those that did not occur" means the "opposite of all non-occurences" which would be "all occurences ever" which would mean...
Spoiler : Statement 5: Hint #6 :
Did pirates live long enough for their treasure to be worth burying?
Spoiler : Statement 6: Hint #1 :
Make sure to first identify the language. You can do this either by incorrectly presenting the badge, OR presenting the rulebook.
Spoiler : Statement 6: Hint #2 :
Kudo should give you all the hints you need to correctly translate the sentence.
Spoiler : Statement 6: Hint #3 :
If you are having difficulty with translating, then the correct answers are:
"Nihon" -> "Japan"
"de wa" -> "In"
"In Japan"
---
"wakou" -> "wakou"
"to iu" -> "called"
"kaizoku" -> "pirates" OR "puraibeta" -> "privateers"
"pirates called wakou" OR "privateers called wakou"
---
"kankoku" -> "korea"
"to" -> "and"
"chuugoku" -> "china"
"kaigan" -> "coastline"
("no" -> "'s")
"Korea and China's coastline"
---
"kougeki shimashita" -> "attacked"
Spoiler : Statement 6: Hint #4 :
Were the wakou pirates, or privateers? (You can look this up.)
Spoiler : Statement 6: Hint #5 :
Check the difference between a pirate and a privateer (to know if the phrase is true or false).
Spoiler : Statement 7: Hint #1 :
To answer this, you'll have to keep track of how many statements between 1-6 were false.
Spoiler : Statement 7: Hint #2 :
If the count is the same as the amount of false statements between 1-6, then the statement is true.
Spoiler : Statement 7: Hint #3 :
If the count is 1 higher than false statements from 1-6, then this statement is false. However, that would mean that their false answer becomes true...
Spoiler : Statement 7: Hint #4 :
If the count does NOT match the amount of false statements from 1-6, then present the badge, and you may either select the same number as was stated, or "I don't know". For example, if they said "There were 4 false statements" and there were only 3 false statements from 1-6, then you may select "3" or "I don't know".
Spoiler : Statement 7: Hint #5 :
Remember, if the statement is false, then it means there was one more false statement, meaning it is also true.
Spoiler : Statement 7: Hint #6 :
If this statement is both true and false, then don't relent: keep pressing forward.
Need MORE help? Here is Godot Mango's walkthrough:
Spoiler : Godot Mango's Walkthrough :
Statement 1
TRUE: Pirates used early forms of many
movements, such as democracy and abolition.

If he says "Pension Plans" then present the badge.

Statement 2
TRUE: The types of pirates in known existence include men, women, and children, but not animals.

IF he says "The types of pirates in known existence include men, women, animals, and children."
Then present the badge.
Animals CAN'T be pirates, because the definition says "A pirate is a PERSON..."

Statement 3
TRUE: The literate Blackbeard, was born in Bristol, first mate of Bellamy, and was killed by Robert Maynard.

PLEASE NOTE: There might be one or two problems with this statement. Even if you point one out, it's still false and they get 3 points. So be sure that the whole statement is true.

Statement 4
True: Redbeard the parrot wants to be a pirate.
PLEASE NOTE: Present the rules here.
Choose "The contestant."
Choose "Verifiable."
Choose "Maya"
Choose "Her Interests"
Choose "What she likes"
Choose "Her interests" again
Choose "About a movie"
Choose "Pirates of the Carribean"
Choose "Yo ho, yo ho"
Present "Know-it-all badge."
Choose "Wants to be a pirate!"

Statement 5
TRUE: Pirates rarely buried their treasure.

HOWEVER: He will say something like "It is not false that anyone except not pirates did not rarely ensconce booty in cases contrary to those that did not occur." This is false.

OR "It is not TRUE that anyone except not pirates did not rarely ensconce booty in cases contrary to those that did not occur." This is true.

Present the rule book.
Choose "The Contestant."

-2 possibilities here-
(Alright, so first up is "it is not false that", which simplifies to...) It is true that...
OR
(Alright, so first up is "it is not true that", which simplifies to...) It is false that...
--

Choose pirates
Choose "Often unensconced"
Choose "Bury."
Choose "Throughout history."

Now we have either... "Pirates often buried their treasure."
Or "Pirates rarely buried their treasure." Look back up at the true statement, and decide to present the badge or not.

Statement 6
TRUE: Nihon de wa, wakou to iu kaizoku ga kankoku to chugoku no kaigan wo kougeki shimashita.

This translates to: In japan, pirates called Wakou attacked korea and china's coastline."

(IF HE SAYS "Kaizoku." This statement is true, ignore it. BUT!!!
IF HE SAYS "puraibeta" Then he means PRIVATEERS)
If he says Privateers (PURAIBETA), present the rule book.
If he says Pirates, (KAIZOKU) then skip this statement.)

"Japanese..."
Choose any choice.

Present the translator.
"Japan."
"In."
"In japan."
"Wakou."
"Called."
"privateers."
"privateers called Wakou."
"Korea"
"and"
"China."
"Coast line."
"Korea and China's coastline."
"Attacked."
"Finished."

Then present the badge,
"Privateers"
"Pirates"
Then choose "National Pardoning" or something along those lines.

STATEMENT 7:
This one is tricky as heck.
First count up all the false statements between statement 1-6
Now let's pretend there were 5 false statements.
If he says "5" then ignore it.
HOWEVER.
If he says "4" then present the badge.

"5" (same as they said) or "I don't know."
And from here on in, just keep selecting "Both/neither/I don't know"
And you should get it.
--- Round 5: Omniscient Lightning ---

Welcome to the Lightning Round, the fast-paced round of The Omniscient Game!
Before you get ready to play it, please read these notes:
  • Special thanks goes out to E.D. Revolution, for submitting statements AND doing extensive bug-testing, flitchard & LilGav also for bug-testing the round, and Ryu Ushiromiya, Bad Player, oyeah1988, Skipper314, Trialman, Solfege (my wife!), kwando1313 and those anonymous others for contributing the statements for this round. It's thanks to you guys that the facts and statements in this round are so interesting and contain such variety. So thank you!!
  • This round will likely be MUCH more challenging for most people than previous rounds, because the round has many statements, and is timed. The information to answer the questions IS provided, but not all at once. If you find the round too difficult on your first try, you will receive help so that you can try again! So just keep on going: you'll eventually get a good score when you become OMNISCIENT!
  • Thank you VERY much to the massive amount of statements that I've received from many people! I received over 80 statements! However, I could only include a small portion of those in the actual game. As such, I tried to include at least 1 or 2 statements from each submitter. Also, I've had to make some adjustments to some of the statements to make it work correctly within the context of the game. Please don't be upset with me if the statement you submitted is not the same as the one in-game. However, if there is a problem with the new statement itself, please inform me about that.
  • If you see ANY statements in the game that you submitted, and yet your AAO username is NOT in the credits, it means that there was no username submitted with the statement. Please PM me right away so I can give you credit!
  • If there are any statements in the game or in the evidence that are inaccurate, please PM me the corrections so that I can verify it and fix it up as soon as possible.
  • There are bugs that I am already aware of. They are very annoying, and may be annoying for you too, but there is nothing I can do about them. One of them is that the timer does not always count-down correctly: it occasionally begins somewhere in the middle. If anyone knows how to fix this bug, please tell me! Another one is that there is a lot of pause right before a new statement is given. This is because the game is loading a lot of variables, and I cannot make the loading of a variable faster than 1 cs, which adds up quickly. Please do not report these known bugs: as far as I know, they cannot be fixed.
You can obtain my custom sprites (including lightning Phoenix and Payne) here.

--- Round 4: The Sound of Payne ---

Flitchard and I are pleased to present Round 4 of The Omniscient Game! This round is based on the idea that we should make Payne a playable character for one round when he goes against Ms. von Karma, and based on the topic idea suggested by Round 2/3 play-tester Tap. This round is a collaboration with flitchard, who really likes Mr. Payne and had some great ideas for his round against von Karma, and he wrote her responses for Statements 5 and 6.

Because you are not playing as Wright & Gumshoe, YOU can decide how Payne plays out the round. This round is more about story and decision more-so than your attempt to win the game.

Thanks a lot to Ryu Ushiromiya and Skipper314 for playtesting and bug reporting!

You can obtain my custom sprites (including front sprites for Winston Payne) here.

SFX:
  • Dink - This SFX is used when the player clicks on the continue button after a the typewriter "Time/Date/Place" information.
  • Display Evidence - This SFX is used whenever a piece of evidence is displayed. Look at my
  • custom sprites if you want the animation of the evidence coming on and off the screen.
  • Computer Bootup - I forget what this was originally used for in the game, but I used it as the SFX when the laptop boots up.
  • Gallery Loop - A longer version of the gallery speaking sound effect.
Music: --- Rounds 2 & 3: A Hot Cup of Omniscience ---
  • Round 2 is played by the NPCs, so while it is being played the story will take over until Round 3.
  • Round 3 involves Gumshoe as the contestant, grilled by Payne. Choose what you say wisely!
  • There are 7 statements, 3 selections and 2 possible responses for each one, producing 42 possible paths! Each game, you will only see 7 of them. Therefore, replay the game for a whole new experience!
  • This Round was able to be released this soon thanks especially to my wife and to Tap for extensive bug-testing.
  • Tap's bug reports and feedback were excellent, and as such, he will be selecting the next topic for Rounds 4 & 5 of The Omniscient Game!
  • Please leave some feedback; it means a lot to me! Enjoy! :)
--- Round 1: Let the Games Begin, eh? ---

This is my first original "trial" submission. I say "trial" because it is actually a much different game than most trials.
Rather than using the court system for trials, it is uses it as the location of a game show which quizes the player with real-world trivia.
However, it is still done in AAO style, including characters, settings, storylines, etc.

My purpose in making this was many-fold:
  • I had a job for 3 years during time at university programming games that could be used in an educational setting. As such, I was curious about the ways in which the AAO system could be used for educational purposes.
  • I wanted to try and make extended use of the AAO trial editor by creating a very different kind of game with it, while using its features. This helped me become more familiar with the system.
  • I am in the process of working on a serious trial, however I would like to spend a lot of time thinking and planning it out. As such, this was a way I could get right in there and make something right away, since I like to DO more than PLAN.
  • I enjoyed the liberty of making the characters do things that I personally find quite funny. I hope you share my sense of humour!
  • In the real games, when you choose "wrong" answers, you usually get a generic "you chose the wrong answer" response. However, I tried to make it so that you could continue along with your bluffing, AND that there would be some witty responses to these. As such, PLEASE try delibertally getting some of the answers wrong, as some of them have quite interesting or unique out-comes...
I hope you enjoy The Omniscient Game. Please leave feedback so I know what you think, and if I should continue this series or move on...

Enjoy!
Last edited by Jean Of mArc on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 157 times in total.
Filip1236
Spoken languages: English

Re: Miscellaneous Trial: The Omniscient Game (Comedy-Educati

Post by Filip1236 »

This was pretty good! I loved the intro (and the reference to my trial :awesome: ).
But, because I'm not such a Canadian-knowing person (I live in Europe, so far we mentioned Canada a few times and only some REALLY basic stuff.) :(

So, sadly, I cannot give you feedback on the puzzles themselves, but I can comment on the story itself: It's pretty good! :D

Oh, and I noticed that some of the character's nametags are missing when hiding another character. This is kind of a bug.
But, good job so far!
Spoiler : LOL :
Payne... the defense?! Dear God, it's the end of the world!
Case 1 l Case 2 Pt. 1 l Case 2 Pt. 2 l Case 3 l Case 4
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Re: Miscellaneous Trial: The Omniscient Game (Comedy-Educati

Post by Blackrune »

Well I don't know anything about Canada so I had to make use of the almighty power of Google and Wikipedia. ^^"

Still an interesting idea. You should definitely do another one.

Technical issue:
The talking sound wasn't always correct. Male characters shouldn't have female "blips". (I'll make an exception for Payne, though. xD)

On a side note: I know this is probably just some kind of strange coincidence, but a certain "Leblanc" will be mentioned in my next case. It certainly shouldn't be interpreted as a reference to this.
Meph

Re: Miscellaneous: The Omniscient Game (Comedy-Education)

Post by Meph »

I haven't finished this yet, but I love this trial! :nod: It's such a brilliant idea!
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Post by Gombarry »

I had a job for 3 years during university years programming games that could be used in an educational setting. As such, I was curious about the ways that the AAO system could be used for educational purposes.
It's already educational. Like how we learned that the time difference in califonia from france is 9 hours. :awesome:
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
Admiral Canuck
Spoken languages: English, un peu de Français

Post by Admiral Canuck »

As an actual Canadian, it's kind of easy for me, but that's to be expected.
Spoiler : :
Also, I noticed what I believe to be a mistake. For the "10 provinces, 2 territories" statement, when I presented the badge, it wouldn't let me point out that there are actually 3 territories (I think the 3 options were "prefaces (or some such)", "states", or "1 territory"). Perhaps I missed something, but I don't think I did.
Overall, though, this is a good idea. I also enjoyed the humour you injected into the game.

I'm difficult to find on the forums these days, but if you do see me, I should be easy enough to talk to.

Featured Trial:
Turnabout Escort: Trial Former - Trial Medial - Trial Latter

Comedy Trial:
The Worst Turnabout
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Jean, I applaud you for releasing your first "trial"!
I'm posting as I'm playing along, so....
All the dialogue and effects (the shakes/flashes/soundsfx) were done VERY neatly, felt like I was playing the real game for a moment in the beginning xD
Characterization wise, you're spot on so far.
I like the donkey kongish-like music that plays when Judge is saying "the game is coming to you live at court!
The Prosecudefence! HAHAHA
Let...the games...begin! Nice detail and aesthitically pleasing too! Works like a charm.

----------
Some Mistakes:
"Someone who is rock-solid, not swayed by the deceipt of others, and can bluff them out!" There is no one saying this (ie it doesn't say in the little blue box that gumshoe is saying it, which I think you meant to put him in)
"If it took place in a real live courtroom!" Same problem, Maya is supposed to say this but her name doesn't appear.
"Their job is to make a bunch of statements about a topic. Some are true, but some are lies!" Maya says this, but a male blip is used.
"You are trying to find the statements that the defendant is lying about!" Maya says this, but a male blip is used.
"So, you are the prosecution. But you're also on defence! Therefore, "Prosecudefence"!" Same thing like ^

"(What's with all these big words!? I remember when you could just say "good" and "bad"...)" Phoenix says this, but female blips are used.
I've got to play more, but this is REALLY great, and detail wise, it's neat and spot on, I'm even learning a few things too,so I think you got your purpose succeeded.

Congrats for 1st time! High quality :D
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

It would be nice if the game was correct when it assumed that things wasn't challenged at the end of the round.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

Wow guys, thanks for all the response!! I'm glad that everyone seems to have something positive to say about, if not very positive!! (Well... except for henke37, but having read other posts by him I know that he tends to be more concerned about things that need fixing... fair enough.)

Everyone: I'm kind of curious, have you guys tried choosing a lot of "wrong" answers in the game? I would say that 60% of my frames are the responses for wrong answers, since I had a lot of fun with them, but if no one is reading them, it would be good to know for future reference...

Filip1236: Thanks for the compliments! To be honest, I'm glad that you aren't up on your Canadian knowledge: the point of the game is that people learn new things, not that they are already experts in the field... though, as Admiral Canuck mentioned, it IS pretty easy for those of us who live here. :)
And yes, when I started the game with Gumshoe needing Phoenix's help, I immediately thought of your trial, and I love inside jokes. :)
Blackrune: I will definitely follow-up with round 2 & 3, based on the positive response this one has been getting! I am in the process of looking for instances in which there are male blips during female parts and vice versa. Thanks for pointing that out! And the LeBlanc in this game is actually a reference to a good friend of mine... :)

Meph: Thanks for the kind words!! Hope to hear more once you're finished! :)

gombarry: It's true. Everything I've ever needed to learn, I learned from the first case of Phoenix Wright.

Admiral Canuck: Thanks for appreciating my humour-- I always have fun with these kinds of things. Also, you're right about the glitch... it's hard to notice in testing, but it certainly is there. I fixed it, thanks to you!

Phantom: Wow Phantom!! I really appreciate your warm reception and your compliments and constructive criticism. You're a very encouraging person, and I appreciate that a lot!! (By the way, you correctly identified the music in the courtroom... it's from Donkey Kong Country 2!) I fixed all those mistakes you pointed out... I had my wife play-testing the game late into the night last night (she's a dear) but she doesn't tend to notice those kinds of glitches... I often have to play with the sound off too because of where I do these things... Guess I should start using headphones... Anyway, I am in the process of trying to find "voice" glitches. I was very surprised by how many of them you took the time to point out to me--- that was very helpful!! Don't feel obligated to point them all out though... it should be my responsibility to hunt those things down during play-testing. It was fun to do this, and I like the community aspect/feedback of this site. I'd be interested to hear the rest of your impressions once you've finished round 1.

henke37: Well spotted. As I am just getting familiar with things, I wasn't quite sure how to get the variable checking to do what I wanted it to do. I'm going to post in the "questions about the editor" section (unless I can find it somewhere already) to figure it out. As a temporary measure so that the game worked, I just made it skip to there... However, "incorrect" accusations are still counted along the way.

Again, I really appreciate everyone having played what I have, and giving feedback... Looks like I should keep working on it!
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I know a little about Canada. But I can't move on. Because there is a looping bug on "They speak French in Montreal." (Or something like that.) And when I present the badge and give the two correct answers, it keeps looping about the shtick about the Canadenese.
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

E.D. Revolution: ACK! You're right!! I just fixed that...
Man, I'm sorry about all the bugs, I thought we had most of them fixed, since I didn't want to release a buggy version... I guess when you have play-tested it for the 10th time your brain starts ignoring some things. Also, there are a lot of options to choose from, so there are a lot of trails to go down... Thanks for pointing it out!
Last edited by Jean Of mArc on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quadratic

Post by Quadratic »

Being Canadian, this was too easy. Though there were a few mistakes. Some statements still gave the contestant 1 point, even though I proved them false.
Finished Trials:
Turnabout Transfer - Day One: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=19354

FABULOUS!
Jean Of mArc

Post by Jean Of mArc »

Quadratic: Thanks for playing! Yes, I know this is all pretty basic stuff for Canadians... but most people who will play are NOT Canadian, so it should still be good for most people. Sorry that you didn't enjoy the experience as much as some of the others. I'm checking for mistakes now.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Let me try my hand at a pro-some review.
Suggestions:
-When doing things such as *GASP* that a character is supposed to exhibit some sort of emotion, try making sure there is no blip sound, put the text in green, put the text in CAPITAL letters, and add a [#s] code for dramatic emphasis!
-Judge does *Bliss* after I say montreal isnt a province, same thing you should do ^

-If the judge is shaking his head while also speaking, it doesn't work because he never LOOKS like he's speaking. To remedy this, make sure the sprite is set to play the animation, add [#] (making sure the extra spaces is deleted), and THEN add whatever text you'd like in the same frame.
Many people tend to forget doing this, and feels wrong when you're playing that frame xD
If you're confused though, just ask, and I'll try to explain better.
-For example, "Therefore, no points are
awarded to the contestant
for this question.", he shakes his head while the text is displaying at the same time, pretty irky detail xD
Unfortunately, this doesn't apply to all sprites, but that's another discussion for later :p
-----------
-FRENCH SOUNDS AWFUL! HAHA, ou est la biblioteque? Is that "You are a book??" :o
-They got 7 points on my first run, it should've been lower because my save didn't work the first time, so I forgot to object to the ones I already did the first time around.
-Very neat how you wrapped and closed the trial up (as in Thankyou!--- Jean of mArc, I'm taking note of this, because I hate the "The End")
------
-When judge is like "!!!" after you expose the montreal province contradiction, he is speaking and there is a blip sound, set the sprite to NOT speak and make sure there is NO sound.
-You probably did this on purpose, but when you finish, Phoenix says no objection your "HONOUR", but Phoenix always spoke in American dialect, so wouldn't it be your "HONOR?" Unless this was a tongue-in-cheek play concerning the trial?
----
I think what you should do is try to make sure and check to see that all blips are used properly for each sprite (male/female), and I think that's pretty much it when it comes to mistakes.
This was a great concept that I believed has been applied effectively and served its purpose, there were very minor mistakes (except for the loop problems ED mentioned), but certainly not significant enough to wither the experience of the player. I'd say, for a FIRST TIMER, you showed a very masterful understanding of the editor (including variables at that), a thumbs-up amazing work, and also considering that you pretty much worked on this alone(?)
Canada be hardcore.

The way you set the topic is similar to how a certain event in a speech and debate tournament runs, "impromptu", where a random topic is given to the contestant, so I was pretty excited when I was pretty much going in the trial knowing NOTHING about Canada xD.

Looking forward to Round 2, you got yourself a new fan :P
Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

Phantom wrote:FRENCH SOUNDS AWFUL! HAHA, ou est la biblioteque? Is that "You are a book??"
That actually means, "Where is the library?" ;)
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image