[T][CE] One Hell of a Turnabout ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: Competition Entry: One Hell of a Turnabout

Post by Bad Player »

Time for more~
Spoiler : :
-Organ music xD
-Lol he's a priest? xD
-Oh, a missionary. Named Peter Burg. xD
-Lol weird testimony xD I'm guessing the spirit he saw was actually the white coat... Well, try to time to make sense of this weird testimony
-Okay, got him to talk about the spirit some more... and Nick is saying look through his testimony again. So I guess I gotta present the coat to the other statement where he talks about the spirit? :P
-"The miracle did happen!" xD
-"THIS BOOK DOESN'T HAVE ANY ANSWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS"
-"Congratz"
-I love this xD
-Of course there's something you can work with! Peter only noticed Klavier's coat, not his pants or head, right? Thus, it's entirely possible, if the murderer was wearing similar, dark clothing, he wouldn't be seen!
-Thanks Polly, we think similarly <3
-D'awwwww Peter left quickly
-Oh, part 1's over? Well, I won't say it was easy, but I didn't falter in this part, and I don't intend to mess up in the next part, either :P
-I hope the ??? at the beginning is you, like in Virtual xD
-In the lobby, when Nick says "You didn't hear about it? he..." you forgot to capitalize he.
-So nooooooow we hear what Nick has to say. Oh well, better late than never xD
-Are you trying to butter BB up, or is that a reference to BeyBlade? :P
-Nice Checkov's Gun reference xD So... What room was Phoenix in, or where did Ingrun go if it was the bathroom? What was burned in the fireplace? And what was taken out and/or put into the safe? Hmmmm... We already got "The murderer climbed a rope, and from there shot and stabbed Ingrun and Klavier" but I get the feeling we're going to need to hear the rest of the testimonies to make sense of this new evidence, so I'll just continue for now...
-Gah, right! Their device... 5 seconds after the shot, Ingrun and Nick were in the room together... So how did Nick not see her? .__. Darn you and your impossibilities! I bet this will turn out to be really simple, like the key trick... (Maybe Ingrun was in a secret passage in the bathroom? xD)
-Wait a second, where exactly in the room is the fireplace, and why does a bathroom need/have a fireplace?!
-Oooooooooo Allegro
-Well, there has to be something in this testimony, otherwise von Karma would've just called him in the first place...
-He's not mentioning the clock...? Although it was thrown out at 3:33, so...
-AH HA!! How did he hear Klavier's body entering the water over the waves? (Or rather, how could he tell that Klavier's body hitting the water was his body hitting the water, and not just more waves?)
-But... I don't have evidence I can use to say that, and pressing isn't working... I guess I gotta work out a different angle.
-Lol, no wonder he's so... flamboyant xD
-Gah, tiem to concentrate >.< Gotta prove something about his eyesight... even though all the amended statements are about hearing... Wait, dark...? Hmm
-What if the murderer was wearing the coat? IIRC Peter said it descended "slowly" which would more accurately describe climbing down a rope than free-falling, plus it would make Ruben's testimony make sense. Of course, then there's the question of why Ruben didn't see the murder wearing the coat climbing down the rope... =\
-Wut? No voice clip for Manny that time? (Also right after that, you forgot to capitalize an "I" in one of Polly's thoughts)
-Ah... I was wondering about that. At first, I thought it was really short cuz of the picture xD Anyway, what Manfred said... He would need to be at the top to do that? Why not? If he ran into the room, attacked Klavier and Ingrun, threw the rope down, jumped out, and cut it once he was down...
-Totally saw Nick objecting... Although I'll be honest, I thought it would before the "GUILTY" not after xD
-ALSO YAY ANNOUNCE THE TRUTH 2001
-Aaaaaaaaaaaand gah, firefox crashed T_T I guess I'll have to go through what I did of part 2 again really quickly...
-Okay, back :3 Well, we never found out about why Ruben missed the coat... I want more testimony on that!
-...WUT THAT WAS WRONG. NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST YOU AND YOUR STUPID UNLIMITED PENALTY QUESTIONS
-Welp, maybe Nick should give a formal testimony? We didn't really get much from him in the lobby... -.-
-Even if she was unconscious, I guess Ingrun can maybe tell us why Nick didn't see her...?
-GAH I HATE THIS PRESENT WHY DO WE NEED TO HEAR FROM PETER AGAIN?!
-GAH WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT PETER!!!! It's Ingrun's father? Srsly? But he was in prisonnnnnnnn T_T
-WAIT EVEN NOT HIM WTF. YOU MEAN IT'S REALLY KLAVIER? I wasn't picking him b/c I thought there was some reason he couldn't testify... bah, I died a bunch of times on that present T_T Well, I guess I'll just try to go on with as few penalties as possible xD
-Lol Klavier looks pretty good for having fallen off a cliff
-Ah... a "secret"
-The Fraulein's Room? But I thought it was the bathroom... Well, that would explain the fireplace being there :P
-Lol so it turns out to be Ingrun? Well, murdering to protect her family secret would make sense. (What's with you and accusing earlier witnesses later on? xD)
-Shooting herself in the back, eh...? Well, I can't quite piece it together, but let's see what Polly can come up with ^^'
-I like the OBJECTION! battles xD
-Smiling = bad. Vera doesn't have any big freakout sprites... hmmm...
-Oh gosh. This is going to be evil, but so fun xD I thought just presenting the blood would be enough, but... I guess not xD (Oh ho, having it only necessary to present 1 piece of evidence when we can present so many would truly be evil!!! xD)
-Zomg you always get awesome music
-You're going to have Polly say "Gee, that was suspicious!" at the end of EVERY press convo, aren't you?
-Wait... AH HA!! The tied the gun and clock to the rope, and let the clock hang outside the window! The held it up by holding the gun, held the gun against her back, and shot! When she let go of the gun, the clock then pulled it down out of the window! Moreover, the clock stopped at 3:33, showing that she did it after the murder! Time to try to present it...
-Also I'm not sure why, but this music isn't looping =\
-My Super-Objection didn't work... but throwing in the coat made it work, okay :P That explains why Klavier wasn't wearing. Also awesome music.
-Oh she tied the coat around the clock? I thought they didn't see it just because it was dark xD
-Good ol' Presto, eh? ...Or not xD
-Well, let's see... Knowing that Klavier would come is a good point. She could've put Klavier's jacket anywhere :P Of course, there was still something burned in the fireplace... I still don't know why Nick didn't see anything... The motive is obviously related to that case with her father :P
-I guess I'll just present the fireplace for now...
-Gah, I need to point out the other contradictions... I gotta go, so I guess I'll sit on this and come back later :P
flitchard
Spoken languages: English

Post by flitchard »

First to complete it!
Spoiler : Read and die! :
I loved the last trick.
When ending a post, always attach a sig. That's one of my rules. :godot:
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

BB finished it first, I think :P
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

@BP:
Spoiler : ahahaha :
We're in the afterlife here. WHY NOT HEAR OUT THE VICTIM?! xDDDD

Nice job on the super-contradiction there. Had to pm help to flitchard for that one.
The pressing is supposed to mislead. It's like a penalty for being insecure. Because before you press... that one about the gun is actually the only reaaaaaally solid point she makes.

At least you apparently didn't get stuck for too long, that's already pretty impressive. :P
@flitchard:
Spoiler : ending :
Congratz. I see why you liked that trick. Reverse psychology. Punish too much curiosity! ^^ Oh and, sorry for the... real ending after all of this. xD
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

I'm playing your trial now, Blackrune!

I love this entire concept. HELL. I always liked stories that deal with all sorts of underworld type stuff and their interactions with the living world.

I like the custom songs you use too. Somehow you always pick the best ones for the situations.
Spoiler : window :
Regarding the part where you point out the window, this is not really a huge problem but I should note it anyway. The first time, I clicked the exact line that represented the window and was penalized, so I thought I was wrong. I spent like 30 minutes trying other things until I just gave up and tried the window again anyway. It turns out I had to click IN FRONT of the window rather than the window itself... but someone who clicks the window would probably never realize that the specific section there doesn't count and never figure it out. :P
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

I'm glad you like it so far. Feel free to ask for help... (you might need it)
I always care a lot about the music... it's vital for setting the right atmosphere.

Edit:
Spoiler : window :
I suppose I didn't set the coordinates correctly, then. I'll try to adjust that.
Also...
Spoiler : heavy ending spoiler just for people who have finished this already :
I love this entire concept. HELL. I always liked stories that deal with all sorts of underworld type stuff and their interactions with the living world.
Ewww~ :awesome:
Last edited by Blackrune on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

what the heccckkkk how is BP doing soooo welll

...Oh well...Blackrune, do you think he'll get owned at "that" part?
Spoiler : by the way also gaiz DONT CLICK IT :
Now's a good time to point this out: Ingrun has ruined Vera for me. When I look at Vera now, I don't even think Vera anymore. I think Ingrun. Which kind of fits...giving the end and all...but still...
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Ping' »

Started playing it!
The concept is great, the plot sublimely elegant as usual, and a good confrontation with Manfred instantly makes any case a must-play ;)

So far, though, I must say, it's deceptively easy.

Because of you guys, I was expecting to be brutalized at the very first testimony XD
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Ping' wrote:Started playing it!
The concept is great, the plot sublimely elegant as usual, and a good confrontation with Manfred instantly makes any case a must-play ;)

So far, though, I must say, it's deceptively easy.

Because of you guys, I was expecting to be brutalized at the very first testimony XD
Well that was just me using psychology on BP to make him lose the will to fight, apparently. ^^
The difficulty depends on how you play this. But maybe it's not that hard after all~?
Ping'

Post by Ping' »

I see...

Oh, and great front - back contradiction. It's clear, simple, yet clever and not too overused, just what I like to see =)
EDIT:
When I presented the gun at the statement about the knife, I thought the contradiction was that the gun didn't have fingerprints while the knife did. Isn't that also a valid contradiction or am I just being stupid?
EDIT:
Oh oh, game over threat, now this is getting serious...
flitchard

Post by flitchard »

As for
The gun, it fell into the ocean during a storm. No prints is natural.
When ending a post, always attach a sig. That's one of my rules. :godot:
Ping'

Post by Ping' »

Good thinking =)

I'd actually found it myself in the meantime, but anyway, thanks :p
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Blackrune wrote:@BP:
Spoiler : ahahaha :
We're in the afterlife here. WHY NOT HEAR OUT THE VICTIM?! xDDDD

Nice job on the super-contradiction there. Had to pm help to flitchard for that one.
The pressing is supposed to mislead. It's like a penalty for being insecure. Because before you press... that one about the gun is actually the only reaaaaaally solid point she makes.

At least you apparently didn't get stuck for too long, that's already pretty impressive. :P
Spoiler : my response :
Yes, that's what I thought at first.... and by "at first" I meant at the start of the trial. But since they didn't call him, or even make an reference to him being able to testify... I thought you would do something liek "Oh he's already in heaven, and we can't pull him here into purgatory to get him to testify" if I tried to make him testify xD

Also I wasn't going to let the chair happen again, so I've been trying to think of how to incorporate the clock, and when she mentioned getting the gun to the bottom of the cliff...
Spoiler : moar comments :
-Tch after all that talk of secrets in the prologue, the motive can't just be convicting her father xD
-Also I have no idea what you were talking about when you said this trial wasn't deductively awesome. It totally is. (It's just that you don't exactly get all the clues to completely solve it too early... xD)
-Okay, she amended her testimony. I'm getting somewhere... even if I still don't know what to do for her other statements T_T
-Lol, I lost again. Because I pressed. Because I wanted to see if I could still super-present xD I don't think it really counts, tho :P
-Klavier mentioned that safe... and we have to find her secret... Might as well assume that was the motive and present it :P
-Zomg that wasn't enough! Now I'm at the end of my rope...
-Oh... by the room plan she means the diagram. I thought she meant the plot involving the room... xD Well, considering it's taken by an omniscient machine, I don't think I can use anything except itself to deal with it :P And who told us about it...? Well, I think von Karma is really the only one who has spoken about it, so... xD
-Pfffft about the room plan explanation. I kinda suspected something like that, but I didn't think that would actually be it... I mean, does that mean the 1st and 2nd floors have the same layout? Also the record says "It shows the bathroom on the second floor" which kind of implies that everything on the diagram would be on the 2nd floor. I mean, I guess it's a valid contradiction, but it is pushing it a bit...
-I didn't have to prove she knew Klavier was coming? Sweeeeeeet (...If I did, I probably would have conceded xD)
-Her secrets...? Well, we haven't uncovered ALL of them... ;)
-....Naaaaaaaaaaah I don't think the safe is that important. Let's leave it closed ^_^
-...WAIT WHAT. I SAVED AT THAT PART AND DECIDED TO CHECK OUT WHAT HAPPENED IF YOU MADE IT STAY CLOSED AND IT TURNS OUT THAT WAS THE RIGHT CHOICE. Wow. Serendipity ftw. Well, I saved at that point, so I guess I'll reload it, open the safe, see how that would've backfired, and then come back xD
-Aaaaah that explains everything. Ties it all nicely together, too :3
-It should say "secrets too deep" in Polly monologue right after she confesses. ...Oh, and I guess that took care of the need for a breakdown xD
-Ah, "Polly" xD Oh, what a troll.
-Lmao at Stickler

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway, awesome case! I was able to make it through it (except for that one part) although it did get pretty tricky... and I only didn't fall for your final trap by chance xD I'll admit, I don't think it's quite as good as Virtual... but that's mostly b/c of Virtual's investigation (giving us a chance to figure it out before the actual trial and showdown) and ending.

Also... I have two objections about the end >_> First:
1) von Karma could have still won! Polly pushed Ingrun into admitting random things in her testimony before, and von Karma was able to discredit those statements b/c Polly was just pushing her. And if he was threatening her with opening the safe... he definitely could've argued that she was falsely confessing just to keep her secret a secret.
2) The clock! I'm shooting you with Checkhov's Gun for this one! It stopped at 3:33... I'm assuming it broke when it fell down the cliff. The latest Klavier could've been killed was 3:30, but then the clock was dropped after Klavier was murdered! This disproves von Karma's theory that Nick shot Ingrun, and then killed Klavier and defenestrated him. And if that's disproved, then Polly's theory is the only one left.

Oh well, still pretty amazing... especially for doing it in 6 weeks :P

NOW HURRY UP AND FINISH TURNABOUT DETECTIVE GIRL I WANNA PLAY IT
Last edited by Bad Player on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

WHAT YOU GOT THAT FINAL TRAP RIGHT BY ACCIDENT CURSE YOU. That doesn't count... you expected it to fail. I can't predict that players would fail on purpose. You didn't figure out the true meaning! That was just dumb luck. :P

Heh well I had time probs so actually some things were shortened down. That missionary was supposed to be more stubborn.
-Who said that the clock wasn't already broken before, or didn't display the right time? The real hint in the description was that it's heavy.:P
-What does your Chekhov's gun say about the bloodstain which was never used? Chekhov's gets screwed over pretty badly here, I have to admit that...
-Ok, the room plan explanation was... well IT'S VON KARMA.
-And von karma can't just excuse her testimony away. That's why he forbade pressing on the final one. The previous times it was proven that it couldn't have been the way she told it...
-Plot-excuse-for-everything: Phoenix screwed up with the details. It's all just his setup after all. xP
Look at the premise: It wasn't really supposed to be uber-serious anyway.

Thanks for playing, I actually prefer doing cases with at least a short investigation before the trial. (mainly because of the reason you mentioned.) Well I didn't really have the time here.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

-Well, yeah, I was able to use the heavy hint in the super-contradiction no problem xD Just considering how close it was the autopsy report TOD... And I knew von Karma could argue that it was already broken or didn't have the right time, but it was still proof! (Heck, maybe Klavier or Nick saw the clock, somehow, and could verify it was working with the correct time?)
-...Oh, I forgot about that. Still, I don't think it's as "decisive"-ish as the clock xD
-Okay, I'll accept that for the room plan xD
-Why not? He was threatening to reveal her dark, deep secret... It's not like this would be the first time we've had a character that would rather die than have her secret revealed

Whether it was supposed to be uber-serious or not, it's you, so I have to hold you up to a high standard xD

Yeah, and not just about time, but it wouldn't exactly fit in the premise, so... xD