[T][CE] One Hell of a Turnabout ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Re: Competition Entry: One Hell of a Turnabout

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

I toooolllddd you it was awesome BP~

Answer me honestly: Are you scared? Do you think this has a chance at topping NYT? I know it's my call, but I want your take.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

I'm too biased to give you an honest answer :P
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I'm liking this case so far, even though I got a lot of penalties due to misplaced coordinates... Playing this one as I type this...

I have yet to test NYT, but you have to consider if it answered the prompt at all... It might top NYT but I'll reserve that until I play NYT tonight.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

That's true. OHoaT doesn't really follow the prompt. However, the concept and execution is just SO incredible I think it very much has the potential to make up for it. Maybe. Just maybe. We're going to see.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
mAc Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Post by mAc Chaos »

OK now I'm stuck at...
Spoiler : SUPER PRESENT :
A cool concept. There are so many combination of items though... even if you are 99% right, if you decide to add one more or less piece of evidence because maybe it fits but maybe it doesn't, you could end up getting it wrong. :P I kind of have a vague idea of what's wrong but then there's the question of which statement to present all the items to... since they all kind of touch on the issue.
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : :
I think the biggest part is figuring out which statement exactly is the true contradictory statement. If you do have the statement and contradiction figured out, the evidence you need to present should be pretty clear. There is one piece of evidence that's kind of iffy (I got a penalty b/c of it :P) but since it's just one piece, just use your discretion, and if it doesn't work take it away/add it xD

Also, question: How exactly do you come up with your murder methods? xD
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

mAc Chaos wrote:OK now I'm stuck at...
Spoiler : SUPER PRESENT :
A cool concept. There are so many combination of items though... even if you are 99% right, if you decide to add one more or less piece of evidence because maybe it fits but maybe it doesn't, you could end up getting it wrong. :P I kind of have a vague idea of what's wrong but then there's the question of which statement to present all the items to... since they all kind of touch on the issue.
There are some pieces of evidence that have one thing in common. There's also only one really strong argument she makes in her testimony. Of course, the pressing is meant to confuse you into thinking that everything might be suspicious but if you think about it it actually isn't.
Well this guy got stabbed and the one in Virtual got shot. Those are rather common methods, I think. :P
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

Spoiler : Argument :
So you're saying I should go after her strongest argument? Usually you want to go after the weak ones. I like it though. Tackle her head on.

Her strongest argument seems related to having really shot herself or not, and what was found on the bottom of the sea, and whether or not the murder happened in the bathroom.

EDIT: WAIT I just had an epiphany, but it's so random it can't be true... and it depends on how long the rope was. Didn't Von Karma say it was like two feet? Then my idea is impossible.

Well, it could still be partly possible... but still inside the bathroom.

EDIT: Nope I was wrong. Or didn't present the right evidence. Or to the right statement. :P
@mAcChaos

Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

mAc Chaos wrote:
Spoiler : Argument :
So you're saying I should go after her strongest argument? Usually you want to go after the weak ones. I like it though. Tackle her head on.

Her strongest argument seems related to having really shot herself or not, and what was found on the bottom of the sea, and whether or not the murder happened in the bathroom.

EDIT: WAIT I just had an epiphany, but it's so random it can't be true... and it depends on how long the rope was. Didn't Von Karma say it was like two feet? Then my idea is impossible.

Well, it could still be partly possible... but still inside the bathroom.

EDIT: Nope I was wrong. Or didn't present the right evidence. Or to the right statement. :P
Well you're getting closer. I don't know what you wanted to do with the rope but... that's the right direction. The trick involves the rope. But you'll have to "construct" the whole thing. ^^
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

Well... my idea is:
Spoiler : DONT LOOK!!! :
She says there's no way for her to have used the gun since she couldn't have gotten rid of it since she'd fall unconscious...

What if she tied the rope to the clock, and hung the clock outside the window? Then she ties the other end of the rope to the gun. When she shoots herself, she lets go of the gun and the clock falls, pulling the rope and the gun with it into the ocean. Then she doesn't need to worry about making it over there from falling unconscious.

I feel like the real contradiction has to do with the fact that the bathroom wasn't where Klavier was though...
@mAcChaos

Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

mAc Chaos wrote:Well... my idea is:
Spoiler : DONT LOOK!!! :
She says there's no way for her to have used the gun since she couldn't have gotten rid of it since she'd fall unconscious...

What if she tied the rope to the clock, and hung the clock outside the window? Then she ties the other end of the rope to the gun. When she fires the gun, she lets go of the gun and the clock falls, pulling the rope and the gun with it into the ocean. Then she doesn't need to worry about making it over there from falling unconscious.

I feel like the real contradiction has to do with the fact that the bathroom wasn't where Klavier was though...
Very good, you're missing just one thing. What do those three things you used in your little device have in common? There is one other item that's involved... mainly to fool potential witnesses...
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

I got it. :D Excellent.
Spoiler : prints :
I only have one problem with this that kept me back from trying to present the 4 items before. The gun doesn't have her prints. Wouldn't she have needed a way to handle that?
Beat it!
Spoiler : Phoenix :
I love how in all of Blackrune's trials, Phoenix is the ultimate troll. :P He was so laid back about everything the entire time too. I noticed that Polly thing too but I thought you were just trying to be funny.

I liked the way you finally win the case.
@mAcChaos

Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Blackrune wrote:
Well this guy got stabbed and the one in Virtual got shot. Those are rather common methods, I think. :P
You know what I mean! >:(
Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Ping' »

Peter is a truly fantastic character. He certainly makes an impression.
(And great choice of music ; of course, you know my fondness for ominous pipe organ :p
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Ping' wrote:
Peter is a truly fantastic character. He certainly makes an impression.
(And great choice of music ; of course, you know my fondness for ominous pipe organ :p
He goes away pretty quickly, though :(