[T][CE] Turnabout of Courage ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout of Courage ○

Post by Enthalpy »

Welcome to the monument to trolling that is Turnabout of Courage. It's all uphill from here.
Spoiler : Hint 1 :
Conventional methods won't work to spot this contradiction because if you're looking for one in the testimony, you're looking in the wrong place. If you press Detective Gumshoe, he says a certain something that directly contradicts the Court Record. It's that contradiction that you have to point out.
Spoiler : Hint 2 :
The problem is in something else Gumshoe says on the press conversation where he gives you the Bible.
Spoiler : Hint 3 :
Wait, Gumshoe said something pretty strange about that tower...
Spoiler : Answer :
Present Autopsy Report at the statement about the tower being tall once you've got Gumshoe to say that the tower is 10m high. The autopsy report says that Larry fell from a height of roughly 7m. Luckily for you, because this contradiction is so direct, the prosecution is going to have a hard time getting out of this one.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Zyra10
Spoken languages: English

Post by Zyra10 »

Thanks for the help, I already figured that out though.
Spoiler : :
Unfortunately, I'm stuck on Maria's testimony about Edgeworth. I have pressed all the statements and have the statement about the suitcase.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

This one is particular nasty.
There is no "presentable" contradiction, as I recall. You need to press two statements in the right order. Something Maria says in a press conversation contradicts another statement, which you need to press immediately after getting Maria to make the second of the pair of contradictory statements. (I forget what the statements are off-hand.) And it only gets uphill from here...
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
MoonlitxAngel

Post by MoonlitxAngel »

Yeah, I'm stuck on that part as well. My brother played it earlier and gave up.
I've got the statement about the suitcase, and I've pressed everything else and can't seem to find the second statement at all. And I've exhausted all the options in all the press conversations, too. Ugh.
...... but I refuse to give up! [/determination]
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Oh this one. It's an annoying one, for sure.
I can't remember exactly what you have to do... But I do remember it being a "press in order" testimony because those were all the rage back then. You have to press a statement, not go to the co-council, and press another one preceding it. But... I can't remember the exact details. Sorry, 'bout that... >_>

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
MoonlitxAngel

Post by MoonlitxAngel »

I know Enthalpy said something awhile back in this thread about it (I'm pretty sure it was Enthalpy anyway).
For that testimony, you need to press Maria on noticing Edgeworth so you can ask "Anything strange about him?" Then press on that suitcase and you seem to have a contradiction. Maria never mentioned Edgeworth carrying that stuitcast. But with Hazama, do you ever find a real contradiction?
I haven't tried this yet, because for some reason I have to start the whole beginning of the trial over. I'll edit and say if that works once I get back to where I was.

[Edit:]
Yeah, I pressed and asked if there was "Anything strange about him?" then pressed on the statement about the suitcase. And I did that one both ways by reloading the save. Once by going through and revealing the suitcase statement and another by having already revealed that statement.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

A while back, I did Invisiclues for Turnabout Pairs! Now, TP is pretty hard, but ToC is easily the hardest trial on AAO. With that in mind, I think it would be helpful to post a source of clues that's less explicit and dry than the walkthroughs in the first post. Invisiclues would be pretty time-consuming, given certain branching possibilities, so the format's a bit different this time. Without further ado...

The Turnabout of Courage Hintbook!

Spoiler : Clue Guide for Turnabout of Courage :
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

Ferdielance wrote:A while back, I did Invisiclues for Turnabout Pairs! Now, TP is pretty hard, but ToC is easily the hardest trial on AAO. With that in mind, I think it would be helpful to post a source of clues that's less explicit and dry than the walkthroughs in the first post. Invisiclues would be pretty time-consuming, given certain branching possibilities, so the format's a bit different this time. Without further ado...

The Turnabout of Courage Hintbook!

Spoiler : Clue Guide for Turnabout of Courage :
I do not like thee, Doctor Fell
The reason why I cannot tell
But this I know, and know full well:
I do not like thee, Doctor Fell
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Gav: Don't you mean...
Spoiler : Doggerel :
I do not like thee, Mia Fey -
The reason why, I cannot say,
But I am certain anyway -
I do not like thee, Mia Fey.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Zohar the Shiny

Post by Zohar the Shiny »

No way, guys. Obviously, what you want to read to help you out is John Dickson Carr's:
The Case of the Constant Suicides
Right, Nihilistic Ninja? :calisto:
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Thanks for that. I knew there was something else, but I could for the love of me not remember what it was called, let alone in English. ^^'
anonymous184

Post by anonymous184 »

Music's back for turnabout pairs, but not turnabout of courage :( . Same dropbox issue?
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

anonymous184 wrote:Music's back for turnabout pairs, but not turnabout of courage :( . Same dropbox issue?
We've completely switched the music of TPairs to a separate dropbox, so this COULD happen.
My main dropbox does not appear to be currently down though. I quickly tested loading the trial just now, and the music is there.
I'm confused why it would refuse to work for you.
Amyrosie
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Amyrosie »

I really love this trial!
I just started and I'm already stuck haha! It's a sign to me it's a really nice game! :) It's not too easy!
PWfan666
Spoken languages: english

Post by PWfan666 »

The plot was nicely done, I enjoyed it a lot. I particularly loved the king of trollvania, it was a very refreshing character.