[T][CE] Turnabout of Courage ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [C] Trial: Turnabout of Courage

Post by kwando1313 »

NihilisticNinja wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:
NihilisticNinja wrote:
:objection:
Spoiler : :
How did Luke know that Larry would be at the church?

(I won't say if I disagree, or if I want to see how far you can take this...)
There were the love letters Larry was sending in the garbage... Maybe he saw Luna writing the letter?
But that raises the question: Why on Earth would Luna write a letter to the man she's having an affair with, in a place where Luke could spot her? Keep in mind, the letter specifically said that she would break up with Luke if he passed this test.
Maybe Luke forged the letter and pretended to be Luna? After all, it seemed that Luke was a power hungry man. As well, you never introduce a character that you never see again...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

NN, when did you solve this, anyway? ~_~
mAc Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Post by mAc Chaos »

*runs into luna*

*rages furiously*

blackrune you owe me a new monitor
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

mAc Chaos wrote:*runs into luna*

*rages furiously*

blackrune you owe me a new monitor
Would you like to know more about monitors?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

kwando1313 wrote:
Maybe Luke forged the letter and pretended to be Luna? After all, it seemed that Luke was a power hungry man. As well, you never introduce a character that you never see again...
Hmm... makes sense. However, now we get to the crux of the problem- how could Luke have sneaked into that church? How could he have gotten his hands on a key?
Bad Player wrote:NN, when did you solve this, anyway? ~_~
Heh. I'm not sure I have. I think I have the trick solved and a good chunk of it, but the details and timeline are still rather sketchy in my head. I haven't done a thorough analysis yet though, I may do that at the end of Trial former.

Really, I'm just trying to think with you guys at the moment, and help you if I can. Because helping you might help me.

I just started the Trial though, so we'll see if that helps.

And I'm just saying- don't overthink it. The moment you start thinking that things are complicated, the moment you start losing. Blackrune doesn't write like van Dine, his cases are simple mysteries that are just supposed to LOOK complicated.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

NihilisticNinja wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:
Hmm... makes sense. However, now we get to the crux of the problem- how could Luke have sneaked into that church? How could he have gotten his hands on a key?
Bad Player wrote:NN, when did you solve this, anyway? ~_~
Heh. I'm not sure I have. I think I have the trick solved and a good chunk of it, but the details and timeline are still rather sketchy in my head. I haven't done a thorough analysis yet though, I may do that at the end of Trial former.

Really, I'm just trying to think with you guys at the moment, and help you if I can. Because helping you might help me.

I just started the Trial though, so we'll see if that helps.

And I'm just saying- don't overthink it. The moment you start thinking that things are complicated, the moment you start losing. Blackrune doesn't write like van Dine, his cases are simple mysteries that are just supposed to LOOK complicated.
My gut's telling me that Luke was the person that Peter hit... And that the door was never locked in the first place... But the only problem is... How was the door locked AFTER the murder happened? Unless... We are making a grave assumption... The body could not have been dropped while the candle was lit. If you remove that factor, the possibility of Luke being the murderer increases significantly.

mAc Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Post by mAc Chaos »

Are you a BB fan too, Blackrune?
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
NihilisticNinja

:calisto:
I KNEW THIS TRIAL WOULD BE INFORMATIVE.

Sorry. Let us proceed.
kwando1313 wrote:
My gut's telling me that Luke was the person that Peter hit... And that the door was never locked in the first place... But the only problem is... How was the door locked AFTER the murder happened? Unless... We are making a grave assumption... The body could not have been dropped while the candle was lit. If you remove that factor, the possibility of Luke being the murderer increases significantly.
Interesting. Any particular reason you suspect that, or is it pure instinct?

So, you think that the door to the top of the tower was never locked? I'm intrigued. Why wouldn't it be?

Questioning assumptions... I like it. But, then we hit a problem. How didn't nick and mia hear him fall/
keyboard malfunctioning.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

NihilisticNinja wrote::calisto:

Sorry. Let us proceed.
kwando1313 wrote:

So, you think that the door to the top of the tower was never locked? I'm intrigued. Why wouldn't it be?

Questioning assumptions... I like it. But, then we hit a problem. How didn't nick and mia hear him fall/
keyboard malfunctioning.
The first one. Well, we know it most liekly was not Larry. It's most likely a guy. So, it's either Luke or Edgey. Edgey being the murderer sounds too... Obvious. I feel baited to tru and go down that path. Why do I think the door was never locked? Because it was an assumption we made. There is no proof that the door was locked pre-Butz's arrival? As well, Phoenix and Mia did not hear Butz's fall. They only knew something was wrong when the candle was blown out.

NihilisticNinja

kwando1313 wrote:

Sorry. Let us proceed.
kwando1313 wrote:

keyboard malfunctioning.
The first one. Well, we know it most liekly was not Larry. It's most likely a guy. So, it's either Luke or Edgey. Edgey being the murderer sounds too... Obvious. I feel baited to tru and go down that path. Why do I think the door was never locked? Because it was an assumption we made. There is no proof that the door was locked pre-Butz's arrival? As well, Phoenix and Mia did not hear Butz's fall. They only knew something was wrong when the candle was blown out.
1st: Decent logical deduction. But, why is it likely to not be Larry?

Now the question- why didn't they hear him?

There is indeed no proof of that. That is a valid point.

However, I want to get the timeline of your theory straight: Larry enters. Luke Atmey is waiting for him in the room, because the door was unlocked. He then kills Larry while the candle was still lit. However, then, why did the candle go out? If he put it out, how did he escape from the chapel?
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

NihilisticNinja wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:

keyboard malfunctioning.

However, I want to get the timeline of your theory straight: Larry enters. Luke Atmey is waiting for him in the room, because the door was unlocked. He then kills Larry while the candle was still lit. However, then, why did the candle go out? If he put it out, how did he escape from the chapel?
Just wondering, have you finished the Trial Former? If you have, it doesn't really make sense for Larry to have been hot. Unless I did not remember something correctly. >.<

As for the candle going out, maybe it was just the wind? After opening the window and escaping, the wind blew the candle out?

NihilisticNinja

kwando1313 wrote:
NihilisticNinja wrote:

Just wondering, have you finished the Trial Former? If you have, it doesn't really make sense for Larry to have been hot. Unless I did not remember something correctly. >.<

As for the candle going out, maybe it was just the wind? After opening the window and escaping, the wind blew the candle out?
No, I haven't finished T former, actually. But, actually, you don't need to have finished the trial former to know that it was an impossibility. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging. If it does, I'm sorry. The only reason why I said it, is because the reason why I felt like it was already an impossibility is actually a pretty big clue.

Think about why I could have thought that Stickler hitting him with his Bible was impossible. What does it contradict? (All this may be addressed in T1. If so, sorry for being behind the times.)
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Yeah, I couldn't sleep, so I went ahead and finished Trial Former.

Absolutely. Amazing. I haven't felt this compelled to play a case in a long time. WHERE'S MY PART 3?
NihilisticNinja

Spoiler : Help :
Ugh, this is incredibly embarrassing, but can somebody help me with CE 2? I can't seem to crack it for some reason, even though the contradiction is apparently obvious?
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

EDIT:
SERIOUSLY sorry about that. Totally forgot about the one that came before it. Anyway, think about WHY Burg thought he was a 'demon'.
Last edited by Gumpei on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.