[T][CE] Turnabout of Courage ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Re: [C] Trial: Turnabout of Courage

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Gumpei wrote:
Spoiler : :
Burg's, right? Do you not find it odd that he apparently hit Larry several times...?
No, see, I get that that is one of the contradictions (there seem to be multiple other ones), but I presented both the Bible and the autopsy report on all the parts of his testimony, (the third one twice) and just got penalized. (For the record, this is after I pressed him.)

And we're talking about Berg's first testimony, the 3-lined one. Just to clarify.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh I realized that after I posted, sorry about that. XD I edited an accurate hint in...
Last edited by Gumpei on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NihilisticNinja

Gumpei wrote:EDIT:
SERIOUSLY sorry about that. Totally forgot about the one that came before it. Anyway, think about WHY Burg thought he was a 'demon'.
Ah, *facepalm*. See, the timing in that testimony really kind of threw me off there. To me, the timeline just makes no sense. But, yeah, thanks.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Just let me know if you need any more help.
NihilisticNinja

Ugh.
I feel so stupid right now, but now I just can't seem to get through Maria's testimony about Edgeworth. I keep seeing these strange points, but I just can't connect them, or find contradictory evidence.

It's really getting frustrating, because typically I'm good at the trial section of the games, but tonight I just can't seem to get anything right. DEPRESSION GO! :(

And before you say anything, yes, I know it's a game. I just thought that solving this game would put me in a good mood, so I could go to sleep, and at the moment, I just... can't... seem to do it. :|

Sorry, my emotional state is none of your business. It's just late, and I really want to try and get everything done before I go to bed. So, I'm sorry for my ramblings. It won't happen again.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Spoiler : Special guest prosecutor :
I'm NEVER going to be able to watch the Hazama clap animation without the applause playing in my head, now...

mAc post this on dustloop once it's done
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

NihilisticNinja wrote:Ugh.

[spoilers=]
I feel so stupid right now, but now I just can't seem to get through Maria's testimony about Edgeworth. I keep seeing these strange points, but I just can't connect them, or find contradictory evidence.

It's really getting frustrating, because typically I'm good at the trial section of the games, but tonight I just can't seem to get anything right. DEPRESSION GO! :(

And before you say anything, yes, I know it's a game. I just thought that solving this game would put me in a good mood, so I could go to sleep, and at the moment, I just... can't... seem to do it. :|
[/spoiler]

Sorry, my emotional state is none of your business. It's just late, and I really want to try and get everything done before I go to bed. So, I'm sorry for my ramblings. It won't happen again.
Heh, sorry. That one is a little mean... because it's Maria. Basically, you have to add one statement first, then press another statement and that in the right order...

And wow, you guys went crazy while I was asleep. On the right track or not, that is the question...
Would you guys want a "who is the murderer"-poll? Even if you can't figure out how, maybe you'll at least pick the right option and be proud about that. Aaand it would totally be narrowed down because polls only allow 10 options. ;D
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Let's keep the reasoning going...
NihilisticNinja wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:
Just wondering, have you finished the Trial Former? If you have, it doesn't really make sense for Larry to have been hot. Unless I did not remember something correctly. >.<

As for the candle going out, maybe it was just the wind? After opening the window and escaping, the wind blew the candle out?
No, I haven't finished T former, actually. But, actually, you don't need to have finished the trial former to know that it was an impossibility. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging. If it does, I'm sorry. The only reason why I said it, is because the reason why I felt like it was already an impossibility is actually a pretty big clue.

Think about why I could have thought that Stickler hitting him with his Bible was impossible. What does it contradict? (All this may be addressed in T1. If so, sorry for being behind the times.)
(I haven't started the trial yet but)

The autopsy report said that Larry had no other injuries, so...

And the murderer hiding out in the room beforehand is possible, but... (1) There was an interval of time (about a week?) when the murderer didn't have any key. Therefore, there was no way for the murderer to know for sure that Peter wouldn't lock the door over the course of the week, and that just seems like a variable there probably would have (2) Would the murderer really have been able to secretly hide in the room for 52 minutes? (3) If the murderer was in the room for the whole time, why did the murder occur at 12:52, rather than earlier?

Also, I'm pretty sure Mia and Nick explicitly said that the window was closed when the candle went out, based on their testimony.

Also, the cage is not a cage, but a chair. T_T

EDIT: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a second
Spoiler : Thinking time :
I've been thinking about the possibility that Larry wasn't thrown from the top of the tower. (I asked about the 7m thing, and Blackrune said the tower if taller than it looks, so I think it's taller than 7m...) But if that's the case, why was the candle there? Shouldn't Larry have taken it with him?

Crazy but probably unlikely theory that I don't really believe in that much but that I'm posting anyway: In addition to the room on the top of the stairs, there are a few rooms on top of that one, too. (Secret staircase or something?) The window in the room Larry was in actually faced away from Mia and Nick, while the killer was in a room above Larry that had a window facing Mia and Nick. The killer could then kill Larry whenever he wanted and dump the body and stuff. He then just had to go back and turn off the candle in his room at 12:52.

Anyway, just had an idea:
Kinda crazy but not really as much as the other theory: The killer wasn't hiding out in the tower room, but the main body of the church or the stairwell. When Larry came, the killer attacked Larry by surprise, and killed/incapacitated him. The killer then took Larry's key in order to open up the tower room at the top, and lit the candle. The killer then opened the window; the wind eventually caused the candle to blow out, prompting Nick and Mia to investigate. However, this gave the killer sufficient time to go back and plant the key on Larry's body.
Also, question: Were Nick and Mia in a position to confirm that nobody else entered the church while they were standing around? (Just wondering if the configuration allowed for that, or if someone could sneak in at any time...)
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Heh... a very interesting theory. Not confirming or denying anything, of course~

Regarding your question, I think I made it pretty clear that it was too dark. Anybody could have entered or left without them noticing.
(they only saw Larry because he carried the candle.)
Though of course they paid attention once they entered the church, so nobody could have slipped past them after that point.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

I just noticed something else that's missing... a lighter. Maybe Larry really did carry the candle in the cage...? (Like, he lit it before he left, and then he had it lit in the cage while in the car? I mean, you don't want an open flame while you're driving... maybe that's why he used a cage instead of a regular holder?)

Also, if the cage wasn't used to hold the candle, there's still the question of what was...

I wish I knew whether there were wax droplets on the cage or the table.
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

If there was a trace like that on the cage it would have been mentioned.
And well, maybe he had a lighter in his car? It's not like that was ever checked. :P

Don't think too hard about it- *shot*
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Bad Player wrote:Let's keep the reasoning going...
NihilisticNinja wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:
Just wondering, have you finished the Trial Former? If you have, it doesn't really make sense for Larry to have been hot. Unless I did not remember something correctly. >.<

As for the candle going out, maybe it was just the wind? After opening the window and escaping, the wind blew the candle out?
No, I haven't finished T former, actually. But, actually, you don't need to have finished the trial former to know that it was an impossibility. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging. If it does, I'm sorry. The only reason why I said it, is because the reason why I felt like it was already an impossibility is actually a pretty big clue.

Think about why I could have thought that Stickler hitting him with his Bible was impossible. What does it contradict? (All this may be addressed in T1. If so, sorry for being behind the times.)
(I haven't started the trial yet but)

The autopsy report said that Larry had no other injuries, so...

And the murderer hiding out in the room beforehand is possible, but... (1) There was an interval of time (about a week?) when the murderer didn't have any key. Therefore, there was no way for the murderer to know for sure that Peter wouldn't lock the door over the course of the week, and that just seems like a variable there probably would have (2) Would the murderer really have been able to secretly hide in the room for 52 minutes? (3) If the murderer was in the room for the whole time, why did the murder occur at 12:52, rather than earlier?

Also, I'm pretty sure Mia and Nick explicitly said that the window was closed when the candle went out, based on their testimony.

Also, the cage is not a cage, but a chair. T_T

EDIT: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a second
Spoiler : Thinking time :
I've been thinking about the possibility that Larry wasn't thrown from the top of the tower. (I asked about the 7m thing, and Blackrune said the tower if taller than it looks, so I think it's taller than 7m...) But if that's the case, why was the candle there? Shouldn't Larry have taken it with him?

Crazy but probably unlikely theory that I don't really believe in that much but that I'm posting anyway: In addition to the room on the top of the stairs, there are a few rooms on top of that one, too. (Secret staircase or something?) The window in the room Larry was in actually faced away from Mia and Nick, while the killer was in a room above Larry that had a window facing Mia and Nick. The killer could then kill Larry whenever he wanted and dump the body and stuff. He then just had to go back and turn off the candle in his room at 12:52.

Anyway, just had an idea:
Kinda crazy but not really as much as the other theory: The killer wasn't hiding out in the tower room, but the main body of the church or the stairwell. When Larry came, the killer attacked Larry by surprise, and killed/incapacitated him. The killer then took Larry's key in order to open up the tower room at the top, and lit the candle. The killer then opened the window; the wind eventually caused the candle to blow out, prompting Nick and Mia to investigate. However, this gave the killer sufficient time to go back and plant the key on Larry's body.
Also, question: Were Nick and Mia in a position to confirm that nobody else entered the church while they were standing around? (Just wondering if the configuration allowed for that, or if someone could sneak in at any time...)
Somebody did sneak in... Remember? They didn't see Peter Burg enter. I'm sure someone else could have snuck in. As well, not to sound really lame, but couldn't the killer male another key? He had the second key for a few months... So maybe he cut himself another key? That would make our locked room no longer a locked room....
Last edited by kwando1313 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

kwando1313 wrote:
Somebody did sneak in... Remember? They didn't see Peter Burg enter. I'm sire someone else could have snuck in. As well, not to sound really lame, but couldn't the killer male another key? He had the second key for a few months... So maybe he cut himself another key? That would make our locked room no longer a locked room....

Well come on, you walked right into it. :awesome:
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

BBblader© wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:
Somebody did sneak in... Remember? They didn't see Peter Burg enter. I'm sire someone else could have snuck in. As well, not to sound really lame, but couldn't the killer male another key? He had the second key for a few months... So maybe he cut himself another key? That would make our locked room no longer a locked room....

Well come on, you walked right into it. :awesome:
Yeah, I know I walked right into it... But, still, in this case, a third key is an actual possibility, as they first key was stolen pre-murder...

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
NihilisticNinja

I would like to apologize for my outburst. It was completely unneccesary, and probably damaged any respect you had for me. I am just having a particularly hard time in my life at the moment, and I was playing this game to relax- it didn't help that it was extremely late. The fact that I seem to be struggling at testimony upset me, and the fact that there were certain things that seemed to contradict my explanation (though, now that I've thought about it harder, they're useless. They're all useless. They really don't contradict it at all.) I felt like I shouldn't not be able to figure it out, given that Blackrune said that it was incredibly easy, and therefore for some reason I felt that if I couldn't solve it, that would damage your respect for me as well. Again, I apologize. I will delete that post, once I get home. I don't want to be on here much on a school computer, though I may pop back in later.