[T][CE] Turnabout of Courage ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: [C] Trial: Turnabout of Courage

Post by Bad Player »

Hmm...
Spoiler : :
Well, it's possible that Larry lit the candle when he arrived at the church, and then the killer intercepted him inside the church per my theory, and then took the candle out of the cage when he got to the room at the top. I think it would be fast enough so that no wax would get on the cage...

Also just stating my/Evolina's theory about using a cloth to cover the cage to make it look like someone is in the room, so I don't forget.
NihilisticNinja wrote:I would like to apologize for my outburst. It was completely unneccesary, and probably damaged any respect you had for me. I am just having a particularly hard time in my life at the moment, and I was playing this game to relax- it didn't help that it was extremely late. The fact that I seem to be struggling at testimony upset me, and the fact that there were certain things that seemed to contradict my explanation (though, now that I've thought about it harder, they're useless. They're all useless. They really don't contradict it at all.) I felt like I shouldn't not be able to figure it out, given that Blackrune said that it was incredibly easy, and therefore for some reason I felt that if I couldn't solve it, that would damage your respect for me as well. Again, I apologize. I will delete that post, once I get home. I don't want to be on here much on a school computer, though I may pop back in later.
Um... Chill out, bro. Getting annoyed =/= losing respect. You got NYT by yourself, solved Virtual and (apparently) TDG, so I'm pretty sure you're already an AAO god. So, uh... really, chill out ^^'
(Also if we disapproved of ranting, we wouldn't have a 200+ page thread about it xD)
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

By the way, Blackrune, how long do you think it takes to complete each chapter?
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

I just rushed into the trial without the investigation and I REALLY like every second of what I'm seeing so far. Nice job, Blackrune!
I expect no less from one of my most favorite trial authors here on AAO. :D
Seeing Hazama was just plain awesome.

I got to the first CE, but I just wanted to see how things would be. And things are awesome!
Heh, enough spoiling for me. Time to start from the investigation!
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

@Meph: The parts weren't ridiculously long so far. So.... well, not TOO long. I don't know~

@NN: I really don't see why you'd have to apologize.
(And I think I'm always fearing it'd be too easy, so even if I said that it doesn't mean anything regarding the actual difficulty. ^^")

@TK: What's with you guys skipping to the trial like that? >_> Erm, you're welcome. :P

@kwando: Suggesting a third key that was never even mentioned but could technically exist? I hate you. How am I supposed to get rid of that possibility? It's a deeeeviiil's proooof!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Blackrune wrote:@kwando: Suggesting a third key that was never even mentioned but could technically exist? I hate you. How am I supposed to get rid of that possibility? It's a deeeeviiil's proooof!
Bad Player wrote:
The possibility that the door was locked isn't too reassuring... Although months is plenty of time to make another key :P
Why didn't you respond when I suggested it D:
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

I'm trying to find something out using AAI logic:
I'm starting with the information about the time:
• It's 10 minutes from town to the church using the car
• At 11:48 PM Mia and Phoenix see Larry walking to the church
• At 11:50 PM the candle goes on and Mia and Phoenix see Larrys silhouette
• Larry was supposed to be in the church at 12 AM
• At 12:52 AM Mia and Phoenix see the candle going out
• The clock in Edgey's and Larry's house is 10 minutes ahead, Maria set it because Edgey told her to do so
• Larry left the house at 11:40 PM
• Edgey left the house shortly before 11 PM
• Larry was supposed to stay in the church until 1 AM
• When Mia and Phoenix found Larry, his watch showed the right time
• Larry's time of death is between 11 PM and 1 AM

• Larry left the house at 11:40 PM
• It's 10 minutes from town to the church using the car
• At 11:48 PM Mia and Phoenix see Larry walking to the church
-> It's very likely that the person Maria saw is the same as Phoenix and Mia saw (likely Larry)

• Larry was supposed to be in the church at 12 AM
• At 11:50 PM the candle goes on and Mia and Phoenix see Larrys silhouette
-> Larry arrived 10 minutes too early

• Larry arrived 10 minutes too early
• The clock in Edgey's and Larry's house is 10 minutes ahead, Maria set it because Edgey told her to do so
-> Larry propably arrived too early because the clock in his house was 10 min ahead

• Larry propably arrived too early because the clock in his house was 10 min ahead
• At 12:52 AM Mia and Phoenix see the candle going out
• Larry was supposed to stay in the church until 1 AM
-> Larry propably blew out the candle 10 min too early because the clock was 10 min ahead

• Larry propably blew out the candle 10 min too early because the clock was 10 min ahead
• When Mia and Phoenix found Larry, his watch showed the right time
-> Two possible deductions:
1. The person in the church was not Larry and thought that the time in Larry's house was right
2. Larry's watch was also 10 min ahead at 12:52 AM and someone reset it before Mia and Phoenix found Larry

• The person in the church was not Larry and thought that the time in Larry's house was right
-> The person in the church was likely neither Edgey nor Maria, because they knew of the reset clock (so it was propably Luna or Luke)

I'm not sure which of the two theories is the right one (maybe they're both wrong), but maybe I'll find out more with more logic later.
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

I am loving this Hazama dude, he is a super troll. His only flaw is that he is too well animated.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

ZOMG HENKE SPOILER TAG THAT
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Blackrune wrote:@Meph: The parts weren't ridiculously long so far. So.... well, not TOO long. I don't know~

@NN: I really don't see why you'd have to apologize.
(And I think I'm always fearing it'd be too easy, so even if I said that it doesn't mean anything regarding the actual difficulty. ^^")

@TK: What's with you guys skipping to the trial like that? >_> Erm, you're welcome. :P

@kwando: Suggesting a third key that was never even mentioned but could technically exist? I hate you. How am I supposed to get rid of that possibility? It's a deeeeviiil's proooof!
But in this case, there is a strong chance of its existance!!!

But now, it's time for my thoughts about the killer. >.<
Well.... Why do I think the killer is Luke Atmey? A few reasons.
a) Luke is one of the three people that knew of the existence of the "Test".
b) Luke could have easily known about the love notes sent to Luna.
c) Luke also has the means and the opportunity to kill Larry.
d) Luke also has motive: If he kills Larry, frames it on Luna, then he can take over Cool COmpany.

And that's why I think it was Luke. >.<

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
henke37
Security expert / tools programmer
Spoken languages: Swedish,English

Post by henke37 »

Fine, here is something that is a real spoiler:
Spoiler : The contents of the cage :
Wild animal(s) with wings that can fly and is easily startled. I am just going to claim that it was bats due to that being the most obvious animal with those characteristics.

They could easily have exited the tower by the window and provides an explanation for why Larry fell out of the window.
But I have no explanation for the rest of the mystery.
Currently working on a redesign of Court-records.net.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

@Evolina:
If the killer was Luna/Luke, how did they know that Larry's clock was 10 minutes off, anyway?

Also, how do you know that Edgey told Maria to change the time of the clock? (Did I miss something? ^^')
@Henke:
It's possible that bats (or birds) could open the tower window, but I'm not sure they'd know to fly at it... Also I'm not sure that they would cause Larry to fall out, and I think the animals would have left some sort of remainder, in the cage or in the room or on the window.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

I think the cage is our version of the chair in this case... Only this time it's a red herring. >.<

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you :P
Bad Player, last page wrote:Also, the cage is not a cage, but a chair. T_T
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Bad Player wrote:@Evolina:
If the killer was Luna/Luke, how did they know that Larry's clock was 10 minutes off, anyway?

Also, how do you know that Edgey told Maria to change the time of the clock? (Did I miss something? ^^')
That's what happens if you theorize with people that already have additional information from part 2. :P
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Hmm...
I really think that Edgeworth is just a giant red herring.