[T][CE] Turnabout of Courage ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Sweet Pripper
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout of Courage ○

Post by Sweet Pripper »

I'm like so stuck, i'm like so mad! I have no idea what to do AHHHH!!!!! :evil:

LOL nevermind
Spoiler : SPOILERS :
AM i the only one that's been traumatized by Wright's demon laughing? I'm much more paranoid :shock: than usual. And i find it hard to look at Phinex the same way again.
Last edited by Tap on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged TRIPLE post. And spoiler-tagged obvious spoilers. Please read the forum rules.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

.............Please spoiler tag that. That is a MAJOR spoiler. =_=
Zohar the Shiny

Post by Zohar the Shiny »

So, I was thinking about this case lately, and I was wondering something...
(huge spoilers)
Spoiler : :
Would anybody be willing to go through every step of :hobo:'s "perfect plan" (i.e. Edgeworth's watch is correct and Burg never shows up) for me? Basically, what I mean is, each step from a few months before the case until the point where somebody else ( :atmey: , right?) was convicted of the murder. I haven't played it in a while, so I've forgotten some details, but it still seems to me that even the original plan had some major flaws, so I just wanted to be sure.
PWfan666
Spoken languages: english

Post by PWfan666 »

Which flaws?
Miss Terius
Spoken languages: English, learning Japanese

Post by Miss Terius »

It's hard to imagine this case with flaws, it seems so perfect.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Well there's the gigantic question of Edgeworth.
Zohar the Shiny

Post by Zohar the Shiny »

Well, yeah, that was part of it, but also...
The whole autopsy issue... I mean, I guess he was relying on Hazama or something, but it's not like Mia couldn't have realized that something was a bit off about dry ice... or did that have something to do with Edgeworth's watch? Or Burg? Man, it's been so long since I've played that all of the aspects of the case are amalgamating together.
PWfan666
Spoken languages: english

Post by PWfan666 »

wow, I don't remember any of these issues. I guess it's been too long for me too.
VirusCollector

Post by VirusCollector »

Oh my goodness. Very, very well done. At times, the logic was difficult to see, and the keys were my never-ending logical block, but... Man.
Spoiler : Super spoiler-- or should I say, supra-spoiler :
I completely did not suspect Phoenix to be at the end of all of that. I didn't expect you to so beautifully take everything we know about him and cast just a slightly different light on it, making it all snowball into a horrifying, possessive bloodbath. This is why fan-fiction and fan-made games have so much potential.

I had some problems with it at certain points, like Trial Former being incredibly frustrating (but that was the point, wasn't it?), and I had to use the walkthrough for some of the second end, but that's probably expected. Even then, a lot of the frustration of Trial Former came from having such a limited set of evidence to use, when so much of it was irrelevant, but that was the point. They reached one conclusion, and the trial could completely just have gone that way.

That tiny logical break in the typed letter, and Luna constantly denying it, I was always thinking, "I WILL get you with this!" And that ended up not happening. :D

Sure, there were typos, and sure, the music was sometimes jarring (but you don't really have much control over that), and the logic was sometimes hard to follow, but it was really worth it. Thank you. And now I'm going on to play the sequel.
zeltrax225

Post by zeltrax225 »

Spoiler : Trial Latter, Testimony 1 :
So I was stuck at the written challenge part for 30 minutes until I realize
we could present profiles again.
You should really fix that, as in evidence should work too(love letters).
I got that Luna was the link but it took me 30 minutes to realize oh maybe you actually want to present
the profile instead of being stuck at page 1 and 4 of the challenge and evidence spamming.
Last edited by Enthalpy on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding spoiler tag.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Hi, Zeltrax.

In the future, make sure that whenever you post possible spoilers for a fancase (like what a contradiction is), you enclose them in spoiler tags. I did it this time for you.

I agree with your particular point about that contradiction having multiple reasonable ways to present it, but...
Spoiler : Trial Latter, Testimony 1 :
...part of the point of that contradiction is using all the ammunition you have! For the cross-examination to really give the full sense of desperation, you also have to exhaust Luna's profile.

For that reason, I'd prefer re-writing statements or evidence/profiles to adding multiple possible presents, but Turnabout of Courage has some larger fairness concerns.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
zeltrax225

Post by zeltrax225 »

^Thanks for the heads up. Will remember to spoilertag and yeah, I get what you mean!
Should probably had only replied when I entered p3 because profile presenting becomes so much more evident here.

Finished this trial and
Whoa that was good..really good writing there. You should start writing crime novels or something. Phoenix was my second choice after Atmey and that was because I found him strange in the first episode and since this is one of your cases, I decided that it would something major and went ahead with Phoenix.
It was that last part that seriously butchered me and I lost count of my deaths.

Hazama reminds me a lot of Bern though and parts of here and there remind me a lot of Umineko. Those long debates, the discussion of validity and possibilities was really enjoyable to read.
Although I kindda skip a lot of Luna's conversation because she really got annoying at one point but I think that's just me.

That breakdown at the end was brilliant! And the motive of Phoenix...the reason behind his actions, it scared but at the same time impressed me how real it could have been for Phoenix to have turned out this way if Maya didn't exist in his life or if certain events didn't happen. It will just take him a few wrong steps to turn into this and we actually can believe that yes, Phoenix Wright can be this much of an evil mastermind if he tried.
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

A question, when one talk with the defendant in the first part, in one of the topics...
Kutter Exxer appears!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

What's the question?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

Which relation have
Exxer or JP
with this case?
How
Nick
obtain the key?