[T] Kristoph Gavin: Ace Attorney ○○○○○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Blizdi
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Kristoph Gavin: Ace Attorney ○○○○

Post by Blizdi »

within the next couple of months.
:calisto: :calisto: :calisto: :calisto:

Ayyyyyy, It's back. It's Lind, it's... er... IT'S BACK!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Lind wrote:Bumping this to notify you that The Grave Turnabout is nearing completion at 1067 out of approximately 1500 frames. I have nearly all the resources needed to finish it . Hopefully, this will be done within the next couple of months.

Also, the OP has been updated with new boxart.
Out of curiosity, how many resources did you have to make for this?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Blizdi wrote:
I'd argue, but you're probably right.
Enthalpy wrote:
Lind wrote:Bumping this to notify you that The Grave Turnabout is nearing completion at 1067 out of approximately 1500 frames. I have nearly all the resources needed to finish it . Hopefully, this will be done within the next couple of months.

Also, the OP has been updated with new boxart.
Out of curiosity, how many resources did you have to make for this?
Bleventeen.
Spoiler : :
Four custom sprite sets, three pieces of custom evidence, and around 30 custom cutscene graphics.
Also, that Apollo picture in the boxart has just now been revealed to be on the AA6 boxart, despite me going to lengths to not use any boxart seen on the games. Gosh hecking darn it.
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Lind wrote:
Blizdi wrote:

I hope it was a joke at least lol
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

Blizdi wrote:
Lind wrote:
Blizdi wrote: :calisto: :calisto: :calisto: :calisto:

I hope it was a joke at least lol
It probably well get finished this time though, if only because I'm able to hype myself through the hard work far more easily if I know I'm in the home stretch. I'm now up to frame 1141 now, and that's progress during weekdays (where I have maybe an hour of free time in the evenings to work on it). Just wait until this weekend.

I'm literally on the final cross-examination now, although... (mild spoilers, if you want to go into this completely blind then do not open)
...Keep in mind this is a mammoth cross-examination that is gone back to even after several contradictions and will span hundreds of frames. There is a recess mid-cross-examination.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

...Well then. I can't wait to see how that will turn out. Good luck!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Lind wrote: It probably well get finished this time though, if only because I'm able to hype myself through the hard work far more easily if I know I'm in the home stretch. I'm now up to frame 1141 now, and that's progress during weekdays (where I have maybe an hour of free time in the evenings to work on it). Just wait until this weekend.

I'm literally on the final cross-examination now, although... (mild spoilers, if you want to go into this completely blind then do not open)
...Keep in mind this is a mammoth cross-examination that is gone back to even after several contradictions and will span hundreds of frames. There is a recess mid-cross-examination.
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Lind is best Lind
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Hey, do you plan on finishing all four cases in the near (up to til next year) future? Or will we have to wait 6 years :P
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

Blizdi wrote:Hey, do you plan on finishing all four cases in the near (up to til next year) future? Or will we have to wait 6 years :P
Definitely not the entire thing. I'd like to get A Lesson in Turnabout done, though, and I'll definitely start work on it as soon as The Grave Turnabout is done.
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Lind wrote:
Blizdi wrote:Hey, do you plan on finishing all four cases in the near (up to til next year) future? Or will we have to wait 6 years :P
Definitely not the entire thing. I'd like to get A Lesson in Turnabout done, though, and I'll definitely start work on it as soon as The Grave Turnabout is done.
Well, maybe not the near future, but do you plan on finishing the entire thing "EVENTUALLY" ?
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

Blizdi wrote:
Lind wrote:
Well, maybe not the near future, but do you plan on finishing the entire thing "EVENTUALLY" ?
Yes. As for when that will actually happen, though, your guess is as good as mine.

Doesn't help that, while I have the original sprite comic to go on for the first two and a half cases, the fourth and final case is still pretty much completely unwritten. I have the basic concept but that's about it.

Also, when I first wrote the second case back in 2009 in comic form, I completed changed away from my original plan and wrote it very differently. There were two entire characters cut from the case. I retrospect I think that was a terrible idea and that my first idea was better, so those two characters will actually be in the game version and the plot will be DRAMATICALLY different. It will also incorporate elements of Dual Destinies into its story.
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Lind wrote: Yes. As for when that will actually happen, though, your guess is as good as mine.

Doesn't help that, while I have the original sprite comic to go on for the first two and a half cases, the fourth and final case is still pretty much completely unwritten. I have the basic concept but that's about it.

Also, when I first wrote the second case back in 2009 in comic form, I completed changed away from my original plan and wrote it very differently. There were two entire characters cut from the case. I retrospect I think that was a terrible idea and that my first idea was better, so those two characters will actually be in the game version and the plot will be DRAMATICALLY different. It will also incorporate elements of Dual Destinies into its story.
Oh cool :D

I'd assume if, at the rate you're currently going, and who knows during today and sunday, that it'll be released in a few days.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Post by Lind »

Blizdi wrote:
Lind wrote: Yes. As for when that will actually happen, though, your guess is as good as mine.

Oh cool :D

I'd assume if, at the rate you're currently going, and who knows during today and sunday, that it'll be released in a few days.
That's definitely not going to happen. It might be fully written by then, but it will still need a lot of revision afterwards. Also, I plan on commissioning someone for a couple of tracks that I can't find a satisfactory stand-in for.

I'd say it'll be out in a month at the earliest.
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Just a bump to say I am very hype for this case, I can't believe it's finally going to have a semblance of progress :D
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter

Re: [T] Kristoph Gavin: Ace Attorney ○○○○○

Post by Lind »

Bit of a progress report. I got sick of having never finished a case yet again, so I've been putting a lot of work in again. I finished all the custom graphics needed to make this case work at a bare minimum (although I may yet revamp some sprites).

The Grave Turnabout is now at 1417 frames, which is above my original completed estimate of 1300 or so. My new estimate is around 1700. Some details were edited to make the logic flow better and as a result it has become longer.

Additionally, the series has had to be restructured a bit because Spirit of Justice has MASSIVELY canonscrewed the original story arc. As a result there is now to be an extra case inbetween the 3rd and 4th.

The current lineup is:

The Grave Turnabout
A Lesson in Turnabout
The Art of Turnabout
Turnabout Family
Turnabout for Justice

Also, have some hypeshots for The Grave Turnabout.