Trial Ideas

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Psykoko
Spoken languages: English

Re: Trial Ideas

Post by Psykoko »

We should have a contradiction about the time of the day/position of the sun by presenting a map with a compass symbol.

Speedlines and Pursuit Caught!
"Are you trying to tell me that the sun rose from the west?!"
Last edited by Psykoko on Mon May 23, 2016 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
clcman

Post by clcman »

Psykoko wrote:Speedlines and Pursuit Caught!
"Are you trying to tell me that the sun rose from the west?!"
:objection: The witness was clearly standing on their head when they saw the sun!

That said, you'd have to make sure the relevant information is clear to the player, or else you'll end up with a potentially unfair or confusing contradiction (like 2-1's baseball glove/handedness contradiction). And, of course, a better reason for the contradiction to exist than the one I used above.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Man, if I could go back and redo Novo Ordo Turnaboutum, I'd have to do something like that and then reveal that it was all a movie set.

Of course, the most famous movie set of all is the moon, and that doesn't exactly work in terms of sun rising and setting...
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Psykoko

Post by Psykoko »

There are probably more possible reasons for the contradiction but at least movie set sounds okay. Making sure the player is informed enough is trickier though, but the sun rising from the east thing is popular in metaphors. So that makes it easier to camouflage a clue, maybe include it in some remark someone made before that point? There had been times in the games when we need to remember dialogue that becomes relevant later.
clcman

Post by clcman »

Psykoko wrote:There are probably more possible reasons for the contradiction but at least movie set sounds okay. Making sure the player is informed enough is trickier though, but the sun rising from the east thing is popular in metaphors. So that makes it easier to camouflage a clue, maybe include it in some remark someone made before that point? There had been times in the games when we need to remember dialogue that becomes relevant later.
The most likely reason for such a contradiction to exist would be a Redd-White-esque right/left position thing: The witness claims they were in one position and saw the sun when they were in fact in an entirely different position and could not (maybe there was a mountain in the way or something). The best way to show this to the player would probably be to have them be in the area around sunrise or sunset and see it for themselves (even if the scene has another purpose, which it should, the player will still, in all likelihood, remember that. If not, that's what flashbacks are for).

The main thing I meant by "making sure the information is clear" was that map and orientation puzzles can sometimes be very tricky in the Ace Attorney format, since everything is (to us) flat and it's often hard to see how the location backgrounds we visit are laid out. (For example, I STILL don't understand how Phoenix's office is laid out.)
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
keyz05

Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney anyone?

Post by keyz05 »

Is anyone doing an Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney? I'm saying that because I'm making one currently.
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

I think that somebody at Court Records does it. But why do you worry about it? We had at least two Kristoph Gavin: Ace Attorney here.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Enthalpy wrote:Not to my knowledge. Even if somebody was, that is broad enough to support multiple Athena-based projects. In the interval between AJ and DD, we had more than one attempt at a sequel to AJ!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Gamer2002 wrote:I think that somebody at Court Records does it. But why do you worry about it? We had at least two Kristoph Gavin: Ace Attorney here.
Yeah, but only one of them has released anything so far, and even that only got one phase out.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

I'm just going to list a bunch of my ideas because it's 4AM and I really don't care because half of these will never get past this phase.

"Degrees of separation" type series of sorts.
A huge, conspiracy case spanning through the careers of Gregory Edgeworth, Calisto Yew, Diego Armando, Kristoph Gavin, and Athena Cykes, all of them connected by one or two points but they all meet up in the end or something.

A case following one of the bad ends from DD, in which Athena leaves the agency for a while to train and study more, Apollo, Trucy and Fulbright disappear, Simon is executed, and Phoenix ends up "inheriting" the Blackquills curse by throwing himself into investigations about the Phantom, dragging Edgeworth and Franziska along for the ride. Several years later, Athena returns to the world of law when Trucy has been arrested for Phoenix and Edgeworth's murder and Franziska was there, but she's still alive for now. Also Apollo is now a creepy, too-serious prosecutor and Athena is appropriately worried and also there's Ema and she's still and forensics investigator, but I'm pretty sure I want to kill her off at some point there too because she's too good for this sinful. Also Klavier is there and is worried about Apollo. And also there's Trauma Center places and characters and maybe even music.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:"Degrees of separation" type series of sorts.
A huge, conspiracy case spanning through the careers of Gregory Edgeworth, Calisto Yew, Diego Armando, Kristoph Gavin, and Athena Cykes, all of them connected by one or two points but they all meet up in the end or something.
This sounds like a great idea and I would love to be involved, but also it would be incredibly easy to do wrong and is too ambitious for a single person.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Lind wrote:
This sounds like a great idea and I would love to be involved, but also it would be incredibly easy to do wrong and is too ambitious for a single person.
Yeah.. it's pretty damn crazy, and I have nothing more for it out of that.
I can't really write amazing plot.. or well, a well-flowing story, but if I get any more, I might get back to you =w=
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
clcman

Post by clcman »

Oh, how I love excessively complicated cases in the margin of canon with way, way, WAY too many characters for their own good. If you'd like to chat/brainstorm about it, I'd be up for it.

(I at least THINK I can write amazing plot or well-flowing stories.)

TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Necroposting, I know, but I have an idea that involves a door riddled with micro-fissures, and there's a drawing on the door (for the sake of argument, we'll say it's in Sharpie), but I want the player to somehow prove the drawing was made after the micro-fissures appeared. Any idea how I'd go about doing that?
Image Image Image
DWard14

Post by DWard14 »

TheDoctor wrote:Necroposting, I know, but I have an idea that involves a door riddled with micro-fissures, and there's a drawing on the door (for the sake of argument, we'll say it's in Sharpie), but I want the player to somehow prove the drawing was made after the micro-fissures appeared. Any idea how I'd go about doing that?
If there was Sharpie in the fissures it would show that the Sharpie was added after they appeared.