[T][CE] Turnabout Pairs ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Pairs ★

Post by kwando1313 »

Spoiler : :
Nah, it's because Kristoph is a piece controlled by Hazamatrice.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
cesar26100
Spoken languages: English-Ingles,Español-Spanish

Post by cesar26100 »

Powerstar9 wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:
What did did want him to do,though? Tell Maria to mercy-shoot him?
:objection:
That wouldn't make sense. Maria would have just let Kristoph suffer. If she were to mercy-shoot him, she would have done it right there in Klavier's room. But remember, the gun was only fired twice, and both were aimed at Klavier. Therefore...
SLAMS DESK
This possibility is just impossible!
...I was being sarcastic.
I just meant that he didn't have any other choice.
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Clio Spade
Spoken languages: English

Post by Clio Spade »

:holdit:

Something's still bugging me
Why would Kristoph go back to his room? I mean he thought he killed Klavier in there, I mean if he thought he killed Klavier in there why would he go back to his room?
@Powerstar9
How were you able to put a an image like that?
I do not own these avatars/pictures all rights go to MapleStory.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Clio Spade wrote: :holdit:

Something's still bugging me
Why would Kristoph go back to his room? I mean he thought he killed Klavier in there, I mean if he thought he killed Klavier in there why would he go back to his room?
He thought he had to dispose of the body, obviously :awesome:

alternatively, he was controlled by Hazamatrice
AbsolX

Post by AbsolX »

HELP! When Richard came on the stand the text began to speed up and now I can't read it. It is also looping. And I get random penalties.
Edit: I ended up getting a Game Over.
CeresLiberty

Post by CeresLiberty »

AbsolX wrote:HELP! When Richard came on the stand the text began to speed up and now I can't read it. It is also looping. And I get random penalties.
Edit: I ended up getting a Game Over.
Wow it's been a while since I've been here and played this case. :pearlhappy:

It could be because of the new AAO version, can you state which version you're playing on and which browser? :tigre:

This could help Bad Player and Blackrune figure this out. :fran:

Unless you solved it on your own in the few weeks it took for a reply to happen on this thread .w. :gumshoe:

Or I should replay this case since it has been years and my memory of all the details isn't fresh. :gumshoe:
These eyes, they only see the truth! Image
AllStarDroid

Post by AllStarDroid »

cesar26100 wrote:
Powerstar9 wrote:
cesar26100 wrote:
What did did want him to do,though? Tell Maria to mercy-shoot him?
That wouldn't make sense. Maria would have just let Kristoph suffer. If she were to mercy-shoot him, she would have done it right there in Klavier's room. But remember, the gun was only fired twice, and both were aimed at Klavier. Therefore...
SLAMS DESK
This possibility is just impossible!
...I was being sarcastic.
I just meant that he didn't have any other choice.
I object to Powerstar9's claim! My proof is... :takethat: the windows! Remember that both windows were open as part 2 shows. It could of been possible... FOR KRISTOPH TO BE MANIPULATED TO SHOOT KLAVIER IN KRISTOPH"S OWN ROOM!
I probably going to get a lot of criticism because i haven't completed the case yet. Oh well.
chrissyjh

Post by chrissyjh »

hey, how do you get to "Witness 8"? i've tried everything, and i can't seem to get to them. if you don't feel like flat out giving it away, could you at least do something that sets me on the right path? :)
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

chrissyjh wrote:
hey, how do you get to "Witness 8"? i've tried everything, and i can't seem to get to them. if you don't feel like flat out giving it away, could you at least do something that sets me on the right path? :)
It's a somewhat elaborate fake part of the invisiclues to prevent people from getting spoiled on the exact amount of witnesses before the game is over. If you already got an ending, it's the ending.

Or is it?

No really.
You can trust me.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

As the author of the clues...
Spoiler : Witness 8 :
My Instructions wrote:* Since the questions themselves may imply spoilers, I have laced each section with fake questions and clues so that you don't accidentally wreck the mystery for yourself. Don't assume that every question in the clue set is relevant - only go to the questions you need!
If you get to Witness 7 (accused killer), you could be spoiled on the correctness of that accusation, or the lack of another super-mastermind, by the hint file ending on Witness 7. So I included a fake Witness 8 and an entire fake series of questions. Feel free to read them after you finish the case to see... how it could have gone in a completely absurd alternate universe.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
ParrotMan01

Post by ParrotMan01 »

I think I might have liked this one better a bit more than the prequel due to pure catharsis.
I've hated Maria since the Virtual Turnabout case, and she also gave me crap in "Of Courage" so vengeance was sooooo sweet.
Though I think the prequel had better music and music choices.

I can't wait for the third game...if it ever happens. Good luck anyway.
Again, just passing through...
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I've begun replaying this case for the first time in years. A few observations/streams-of-consciousness from the investigation, including a bug...
In the title frame, you have too many hyphens, and the last set of hyphens stretches onto a second line for me.
Oldbag went on for... a while, to put it mildly. I now have a better appreciation for that one rule of Ferdie's.
I'm pretty sure the stairwell being locked is a fire hazard, but oh well.

I don't know whether this was a feature in v5 or not (though I would imagine not), but in v6, hiding the first frame of a merged frame does not hide the entire merged block. This leads to some strangeness where you try to hide frame 212, but frame 213 still plays, even though 212 and 213 are merged to each other. This is a bit awkward when 213 is for playing AAI music when 215 is for playing GK2 music. The viewer hears both!

I think you can just combine 212 and 213 now, though, as well as 214 and 215. Since this bug is a bit obnoxious for the player, let me know when you have it fixed, and I'll keep going through the case.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Finished replaying the investigation. I had forgotten how much I liked this case.

Also, frame 1618 is played even if you have the game set to use GK2 music.

I"m hoping to finish my replay in the next day or two.

EDIT: Also, in Trial Former, there are a few assets that are broken. sfx-roar.mp3, which was hosted on FileDen, and then some ImageShack gif, which you seem to use for the first custom sprite of the character you revealed at the very end of the investigation.

Let me know when these are fixed!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Enthalpy wrote:Finished replaying the investigation. I had forgotten how much I liked this case.

Also, frame 1618 is played even if you have the game set to use GK2 music.

I"m hoping to finish my replay in the next day or two.

EDIT: Also, in Trial Former, there are a few assets that are broken. sfx-roar.mp3, which was hosted on FileDen, and then some ImageShack gif, which you seem to use for the first custom sprite of the character you revealed at the very end of the investigation.

Let me know when these are fixed!
Curiously enough, sfx-roar.mp3 is defined twice, and one was still using the old link. This also happened to key2.mp3 (although the link was correct there).
I guess something weird must have happened when converting to v6.

Anyway, what you mentioned should be fixed now, with the exception of the imageshack gifs. Sadly I don't remember what those were supposed to be anymore. The only point where a custom sprite for that character might have been used, it doesn't seem to happen. Maybe BP still knows (since he was most likely the one that put them in).
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Thanks for responding so quickly!

One of the nice things about v6 is how easy it is to find that information. Just try deleting the sprite. If you don't get an error message, it was never used. If you do, the error message tells you exactly which frames depend on that image.

I'll let you know if I stumble across other such bugs.