[T][CE] Turnabout Proxy ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Proxy ●

Post by Enthalpy »

Thank you for the review.

I went ahead with most of the corrections you noted.
Spoiler : :
Due to limitations of AAO, the psyche-lock sequence can't be improved, and I don't feel that another witness is necessary. As for the lack of flashback sprites, I couldn't find where you were referring to. Everything else has been fixed, in one form or another. For instance, I give the player two chances to cut off the Rickroll, instead of simply shortening it.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Enthalpy wrote:Thank you for the review.

I went ahead with most of the corrections you noted.
Due to limitations of AAO, the psyche-lock sequence can't be improved, and I don't feel that another witness is necessary. As for the lack of flashback sprites, I couldn't find where you were referring to. Everything else has been fixed, in one form or another. For instance, I give the player two chances to cut off the Rickroll, instead of simply shortening it.
Sorry for the super late reply here, but that sounds good.
The most important of those changes was to give the witness more differentiating personality traits from Mimi/Ini anywas... xD

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

...I find it rather confusing that you saw Dee as an Ini expy... 0_o
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Dee was like a reverse Ini expy xD
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

What BP said. That was my view.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

It's been a while since I've played JFA, so I added a few lines to make Dee more commanding in her "anger" phase. I hope that was enough, but in the worst case scenario, I can add more lines throughout.
Also, this case has been submitted for a QA review, and it should begin within in the next two weeks. (The fact that half the QA team already played your trial can slow things down a tiny bit.) You'll see the open star when the review actually starts.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Her anger was nothing at all like Ini's though. ^^
Hodou Okappa
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Proxy ☆

Post by Hodou Okappa »

I will be reviewing this trial something this week or weekend.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Ugh. I feel bad for taking so long on this. It's been a combination of having a number of aggravating school projects to do, then the fact that I don't have a computer 99% of the time and just general depression. Sorry for the delay so far.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Yo Enthalpy! Hodou is having real life troubles (including not having a computer), so in order to get this QA done quickly, I’ll be taking over! In fact, you could say that for this QA I’ll be acting as Hodou’s… substitute. (Get it? Because I helped make Turnabout Substitution?)

I’ve already played this, so I’m only going to be mentioning things that should be changed for the QA. (And, having played it, I already have an idea of what the result is going to be.)

Let’s go~
Spoiler : QA :
  • Second frame has typewriter voice
  • I wonder… could you add a bit more to the end of the intro? (Like, the actual robbery or something) Just a little something to add a bit more “oomph” to the intro.
  • According to CR Profiles page, Trucy is 15 in the game… so shouldn’t she be 14 here? (Edgey mentions Trucy age in the defendant lobby convo, so if you do change her age, make sure you change it both in that convo and the profile description)
  • Huh. June 12, 2025 actually IS a Thursday. Nice job xD
  • I think you should add AM/PM to the 12:15 and 2:00 in the crime report just for clarity/consistency
  • I don’t know how I feel aboot having spaces after ellipses at the very beginning of textboxes… I think it’d be better with those spaces removed
  • Your creator-of-Turnabout-Platinum-ness is showing…
  • The transition from the objection about the gun color back to the cross-examination seemed a bit… abrupt. I think Udgey needs to say that although he doesn’t like the discrepancy, it isn’t a big enough mistake to discredit the witness’ testimony so the CE should continue (or something)
  • If you present the gun twice, when you return to the CE it only has the advance button (rather than the forward/back buttons)
  • I think it’d be nice if you included the diagram with Meekins’ position somewhere in the cross-examination itself; I think a visualization of it would really help with finding the cross-examination.
  • When Meekins says he deleted the video… I don’t like that random blank line in it
  • The “my generation is careless” line should have a sfx
  • I think I brought this up when I judged the case, but… The Camera Data looks like it’s a silhouette. So it’s not that obvious that it’s really a “black” gun in there, in my opinion… I think you should try to get an artist to draw a figure to stick in that picture. (You know, a figure that looks like someone with black clothes, a black mask, and a black gun, rather than what looks like the silhouette of someone holding a gun.) I’ll feature this without you making the change, but that’s because I know that getting custom graphics can be a real hassle, but I really want you to make this change.
  • …Wait, where’s the “second gun” in the still frame? That needs to be added in, I guess (and that’s a change that I think you need to be made before this is featured, since it’s an integral part of a contradiction. …Oh wait, I just gave away the ending to this QA, didn’t I?)
  • Is this camera data a photo of the robber entering or leaving the bank? I forget/it’s not mentioned…
  • After the MC question where the answer is when Trucy’s fingerprints got on the gun, there’s a shot of the court gallery talking and stuff, but you forgot to use the Hide Character action (so we still see Edgey’s sprite)
  • When Nick says “To turn this trial around” I think you need to move the “then” to the beginning of the sentence or delete it.
  • After Dee’s first testimony, rather than asking for “further” testimony, I think it might be better to ask for “new” testimony; I think it makes the trap a bit more fair.
  • There’s Ghost Court shortly after Edgey accuses Dee of the crime. (I remember there was Real Court at the beginning of the trial, so… I know you can do it :P)
  • And Ghost Court again when court reconvenes
  • In the flashback sequence during the Hoser Inquisition, a space is missing in one of Dee’s lines (when the text changes from green to white)
  • And Ghost Court during the Hoser Inquisition
  • The frames at the beginning of the investigation have typewriter voice… I don’t know if you wanted that or not, though, since one frame at the start of the trial had regular voice but one had typewriter voice (I think it should be consistent, whether it’s male or typewriter bleeps ^^”)
  • It would be nice if we could move between the apartments, bank, WAA, and detention center (rather than only being able to access them from WAA)
  • You’re missing a space in the first line when you examine Dee’s computer
  • I see the examine box for the pillow is a lot more… forgiving than it was before :P (Huzzah)
  • Wait, didn’t Edgey and Nick say that Dee was on the streets when they were talking? You should either change that convo back at WAA, or have Edgey show some surprise when he finds out Dee is in the Detention Center
  • Frank Sahwit lost his eligibility for parole… I wonder if that’s a reference to what I think it’s a reference to xP
  • When Edgey says he thinks he has the evidence to break Dee’s psyche-locks, I think he should say he can end the “case” rather than the “trial” (...yes I’m nit-picking.)
  • After you present the Dossier in the psyche-lock, there’s no space after “two million”
  • There’s a 4-liner right after you present Nick’s profile in the psyche-lock
  • When you get to WAA at the end, there’s a space missing in Trucy’s first line.
  • Wasn’t this pre-WAA? So hasn’t Nick only been accused twice now? (3-1 and 1-2, since 4-1 hasn’t happened yet.)
  • The sprite where Trucy opened up Mr. Hat didn’t work for me… (although I don’t know if it’s a problem on my end or yours)
  • Aw, Edgey, you’re upset over being a pawn? Would you have preferred to have been a queen? :awesome:
  • There’s a blank frame at the end of the “Any Ideas?” convo in Edgey’s office.
  • Oldbag switches between her 1-3 and 2-4 outfits…
As somebody who does not like to needlessly delay the important part…
Spoiler : verdict :
★ The case is good enough to be featured. Please make the requested changes.
Spoiler : Summary :
So yeah. That… ended up being pretty short. My list of comments for the QA, that is! This case isn’t come grand mystery full of crazy tricks, or an epicly long case that pushes the limits of trial-making. But, as Edgeworth mentions near the end, it’s an unorthodox trial; a crime that isn’t murder, a witness that goes from aggressive to docile, a trial that is followed by an investigation, and those are just the big ones. You take a lot of the tenets of casemaking and turn them on their head. On top of that, the trial is extremely well-made, and the characters all have distinct, well-written voices. You also question and deconstruct a lot of the things that are done and taken for granted in the canon and fan games.

Make the changes I’ve suggested (or justify why you shouldn’t) and finish Platinum, and I’ll be happy to feature this! For the most part, it’s just simple, minor, technical mistakes, so it shouldn’t take long. (The biggest one is changing the picture from the security camera. I’d like you to add in the second gun before the trial is featured. Like I said in the report, I’ll feature it without changing the part of the criminal, but that’s because I know getting custom graphics done can take a while, but I really do want you to get it done.)

Also… it was quite interesting re-playing this after having played Platinum.

Welp… Gratz!
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Congrats Thally! You deserved and earned this.

DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

Congratulations!
I will most likely play this case after you've made the requested changes. Because only perfection is good for meBecause right now, I don't have time to entangle myself in another case when I have to deal with Downfall of the Turnabout, its constant crashing and DWaM's reminding me that I can't beat it without a walkthrough

Total times sued: 10328
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Gratz, Enthalpy!
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

Good work Enthalpy.
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Thank you to all well-wishers! (I'm sorry to hear about Hodou though.)

I'll respond to Bad Player more in-depth and make the suggested changes after I finish the final part of the Platinum revamp, which should be within the next few days. And I definitely did NOT bribe Bad Player with inside information on Platinum. No, definitely not...