[T][CE] Turnabout Revolution (phase 3 out!) ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

eighthbit
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Revolution ○

Post by eighthbit »

I finished this before Ping' took it down.
So here's some commentary.
Spoiler : Running Commentary :
-Here we go mah boi!
-Apollo... is dead?! NOOOOOOOO!
-We have to defend Kristoph?!
-This just seems way too sudden, it's just my opinion though.
-This is just heart-breaking.
-The judge's sprites... ASDFOMGWTFBBQ they're awesome.
-Autopsy, check. Mirror, check. Stolen gun, check. Bullet, check. Locked door, check. Grate, check.
Updated key, check. You're going down testimony.
-Hah! The grate should've-- dead end? I knew it was too good to be true.
-A logic battle with Edgeworth, that is sheer awesome.
-KLAAAAAAAAAAVVIIIIEEERRRRR!
-Kristoph is spider-man, that is my theory, he used his webs to do everything.
-Press everything! Wait, he was struggling to open the door? Contradiction time!
-Wait, a super-objection?! Or at least a toned down version of it, well, better present the door.
Because.
-And Edgeworth saves the day with a jammed door, a completely random and coincidental event.
-Hah! If anyone else was there? That seems like the statement that all witnesses have contradictions on.
But what do I present? Well, I guess that the map is the one that's the closest... so here we go!
-Please don't be a penalty! Please! YEEESSSS! Oh no, oh no, oh no, I have to point out a place in a photo.
-Let me think about this, Klavier was in front of the dressing room, and Kristoph was next to the wall
so... yay! Correct!
-And Edgeworth just shot me down again.
-I wonder what would happen if I presented Klavier to our next witness?
-Oh, Turpin, you can't charm Ema, there are already too many pairings for her.
-"Bailiff, please strike my poor attempts at flirtation from the record." Oh, that line just cracks me up!
-Okay, Ema, I need to press you, press against you, hard.
-I'm need to get through this! PRESS PRESS!
-I just noticed that our mysterious fellow could have used the back door, and no, I didn't guess.
-And I was wrong, but there's only one exit left, so let's-- darn, I was wrong.
-Let's try the front door. *penalty* Let's try the interconnecting door. *penalty* Let's try Dames back door. *it works.*
-Ah, the back door to Dames, then the interconnecting door.
-The cameras? They were off, right-- and the plothole has been magically filled in by an explanation we never heard of before.
-Okay, we know that Burns was escaping through that door, so he should be in the footage. But that didn't work. *thinks*
-Okay, the cameras should have been burnt by the fire, right? And they're fireproof. Every time I point out a contradiction, something comes out of nowhere to explain it.
-Trucy's testifying, I can already see that she would be very sad while we are cross-examining her.
-So Kristoph is breaking vases, maybe that's a reference to something.
-Okay, I start by pressing everything, nope, nothing. And then there were several choices on that one statement. Save scumming time.
-Kristoph had only a gun in his hand, yep, there's definitely a problem there.
-And Trucy is saving our butts.
-Peppers! I noticed in phase one and didn't bring it up, but while he's hitting himself with the stick, his face is changing color.
-Pepper's first testimony is missing a name tag.
-This court has a habit of destroying my contradictions.
-During the gavel smash before Pepper's first cross-examination, you used the wrong sound-effect.
-When you press the first statement, there is a blank frame with no wait timer.
-Okay, I pressed everything, now, it's time to ponder.
-Nothing.
-STILL nothing.
-Well, Kristoph says to disprove the core of this testimony, meaning that we should disprove his meeting with Ema!
-A key was found with her... this makes no sense, how did I miss it? Maybe I shouldn't turn on insta-text display when I press through these things.
-If the key was inside the grate-- and it was a failure, so I guess I should present the Replica Key, because there might be an issue, there's always an issue.
-And it isn't because the key was with Burns or in the grate, so it couldn't be with Ema, no, it was the color. The color.
-And then I realized what he was testifying about. The key dropping. I'm so forgetful.
-There's no sound on the gavel when the judge decided to call Klavier.
-There's another before the cross-examination of Klavier.
-I have to do something, so this is where I ended it.
-And restarted it.
-Could he have seen the lighter? Nope, he couldn't.
-Wait, so if I press everything then the judge will end the cross-examination?
-Okay, the only people who have not testified yet are Salem, Burns and Delia.
-First, let's try a connection to Salem, nope, it didn't work.
-Then, let's try Burns, ... yes!
-Okay, talk to Kristoph, then solve the testimony using that hint, that's my game plan.
-Okay, so I think they mean that I have to press everything.
-Nothing to do? Well, why didn't you visit the love of your life!
-The judge was just hilarious.
-Delia is now testifying. And I just realized that aside from Klavier, all witnesses only testify once.
-Does the Judge always have to hit on girls.
-What are super-objections? They are when you throw two pieces of evidence into a blender then throw onto a statement and hope it makes a contradiction.
-You guys have no mutual interests, well I have two pieces of evidence, both coming from each of you, so I guess that's a good enough connection!
-This is actually the first super-objection that I got right, ever. I couldn't do it in Pairs, Courage, OHoat and Sirens.
-He was interested in Justice because he was targeted by them!
-Burns is really angry now.
-And we have to cross-examine him now, joy.
-And I lost the ability to Super-Object. Now how will I show you that Hazama was the killer!!
-So Kristoph says that the contradiction is in the early parts, so I should focus there.
-That's not a good foundation for blackmail.
-He isn't part of the reform of the system, so he couldn't be targeted by Justice.
-And now I need to present more?! Let me guess... the newspaper is correct, and it was my first guess, I'm really lucky right now.
-Okay, I need to guess the page, which I can do easily.
-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! NO! Peppers is the member! And Salem! I will not let my theory be shot down!
-Salem is the leader of Justice! Now let me have my Godot drinks coffee then throws it at Phoenix penalty convo!
-Though I just realized, Peppers hasn't been proven as a member of Justice, so I can't have that penalty convo!
-And I left before I noticed that there was a fake ending.
-Okay, is there anything after the fake The End? Because I want to know.
-I checked the source and crashed my browser, but there was nothing after the The End.
Spoiler : Overall :
This was just awesome, sure, the beginning felt a bit sudden to me, but it was still awesome.
Burns doesn't want his woman to be blamed.
You missed some minor presentation details but they didn't detract from the awesomeness of this game.
And you managed to make fair contradictions, there were only a few hard parts. And that's all, I guess.
Spoiler : Real theory :
So from this, we can assume that Burns is Mathis, and Salem is part of Justice.
I'll revise my theory. You see, Peppers is still very suspicious, he is still part of Justice, and now, Burns is too, and since Salem would never work with Burns, I think that Salem and Burns were kept in the dark by Peppers so that they wouldn't find out of each other, Burns has a grudge against the legal system because well, his father could have been put out of his position. But Apollo's killer is Peppers, Burns was with Klavier, and Delia was with her husband. I guess that he knocked out Ema, and pretended to see the key. He shot Apollo from one of the holes in the fitting room, and he escaped through the back door.
Spoiler : Revised Wild Theory :
Here's who Justice really is, it's Trucy as the invisible thief, and magician, she used her knowledge of magic tricks in order to steal various objects. Miles as Mathis, he used his government connections to buy Gas Cans unnoticed and burn things. Ema as Rita, the one who kidnaps victims, she katonks them and kidnaps them by using her police-provided car. No one would expect Snackoos to be used as a weapon, and a detective who wants to become a forensic agent with a dead body is normal. And finally, Klavier as Isaac. He forces the victim's to kill themselves by intentionally playing foul notes so that they'll kill themselves in brutal means.
Now, they were targeting Kristoph, for first, Trucy stole his thing, it's going to be introduced in the last phase, then, a place from his childhood was burned down, then, Ema was going to kidnap him, but he retaliated. Then, he was originally going to get killed by Klavier's melody, but since Ema was knocked out, he realized that he had to take revenge, so he played the tune, but Kristoph was out of his mind already, so it didn't affect him, but then, Apollo woke up, then Klavier went inside the fitting room and kicked him, so he accidentally pulled the trigger and a bullet went through the wall, then, he threatened to shoot Apollo, but then, Ema threw a snackoo at him, he got hit really bad, and Klavier stole his gun. Klavier then shot Apollo, and he went back to Burns, claiming he went to the bathroom. Then, Peppers told him about the crime scene, and he went there. Then, Kristoph didn't tell anyone what happened because no one would believe him.
'Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.'
-Elbert Hubbard
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : Did I miss it, or has nobody guessed :
...Money the Monkey for Jean? Money actually steals stuff in 2-3.

Or, for that matter, JEAN ARMSTRONG THE KLEPTOMANIAC?

I mean, duh.

As for arsonist - who in the series is an arsonist? Who likes to threaten to set things on fire?

That's right. VIOLA CADAVERINI.

The kidnapper? SHELLY DE KILLER.

And the killer? CONSPIRACY OF MANFRED, GANT, ENGARDE, AND DAHLIA.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Actually Ferdy...
Spoiler : Your Theory :
I already guessed Jean as our arsonist. ;)

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
eighthbit

Post by eighthbit »

Except
Spoiler : Spoilers for JFA :
Engarde would never work with Shelly.
'Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.'
-Elbert Hubbard
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Ok! I still have a ton of stuff to reply to, sorry. I was fixing things all day. <_<

Phase 1 and Phase 2 should be completely playable again. Phase 3 will be out as SOON as I fix everything in it... whiiiiiiiiich might be a while... ^^"
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

I want to come up with another joke/crack theory! (Note, this does not replace my previous one. Rather, I believe, it compliments it quite well! :p)
Spoiler : Second Joke Theory. Contains Part 2 Spoilers. Also ToC (Turnabout of Courage), NYT (New Year's Turnabout) Spoilers, and I suppose Turnabout Orange spoilers :
So now, we are solving for the murder of Apollo right? So who was our murderer? Evidently, the murderer must be somebody who loathes and detests the very existence of Apollo Justice. I've already explained who Justice was in my last theory... So let's think about it on a different angle. What happens if this murder was not planned by Justice? After all, many things don't add up if this is indeed a "Justice" murder: there are no insignias, stolen items, or anything else? So, who was the murderer after all? It was... Glase Canon. Why? After murdering Phoenix Wright in an alternate continuity, he proceeded to live his life in that universe. Which universe was this? This was the universe where "Phoenix Wright" turned evil, and as a result, killed Diego, Larry, and Miles. In order to not raise suspicion from the inter-universe-travelling police (which Gumshoe, I might add, happens to be a part of. That's why he appeared in both ToC and this case), he attempted to change his personality to be more serious and chessmaster-like. He thought he'd get perfect revenge on Apollo Justice this way: his idol, Phoenix Wright, would be destroyed in reputation... FOREVER! However, he did not account for the fact that Mia was able to catch on to his nefarious scheme. After being convicted for the murder, he escaped back to our regular universe. This time, he wanted to take revenge on Phoenix Wright for ruining his "perfect" scheme (despite the fact that he was, you know, dead.) Glase Canon then brought together the most nefarious group of villains ever assembled (as mentioned in my previous theory). Then, in order to arose the suspicion of the legal system, he killed people that previously instituted the current legal system as his fake MO. However, he knew that Phoenix Wright would be interested in this trial. He knew that he would not be able to resist solving such a case. However, he did not account for the fact that he would send his protegee, Apollo Justice, instead of investigating the case himself. As a result, he needed to change his plan. He knew that Kristoph Gavin would illicit a rageful reaction out of Apollo. As a result, he knocked out Ema and talked to Kristoph, asking him to enter the grated area and luring Apollo into that area. However, immediately afterwards, he realized that Kristoph was not a man to be trusted. So, he swapped him with an alternate universe version of himself, Gilligan T (why Gilligan? Because, he knew that he would be able to keep any potential bystanders away through his mind-chilling stare!), and took the gun and shot Apollo, fully knowing well the hurt and sorrow that this would cause Phoenix Wright. Then, using his canon-bending powers, Canon put Gilligan T back into his own universe, and Kristoph back into his own. Then, Canon escaped back into his original universe, proceeding to go back to his usual self (and defending people for eating oranges out of bathtubs). And why does Kristoph not remember any of this? Because, he merely dismissed it as a flashback to his younger days. After all, Kristoph too worked for Black Planet. And he thought he was merely remembering what happened in his youth. As for why he claimed he picked up the gun and had full intentions of killing Polly? It's because Canon, needing to come up with an explanation for the murder, decided to implant memories into Kristoph's head of these actions, so that no suspicion would be aroused when somebody (in this Kristoph) was inevitably accused for the crime. AND THAT IS HOW THIS MURDER TRULY WENT DOWN.

*von Karma bows* Thank you very much.
And now for a legit question:
Spoiler : Part 1, maybe Part 2 spoilers? :
I fully expected Kristoph or Klavier to be a person that Justice is after. After all, if Kristoph isn't lying, and their MO is truly about the court's reformation, since their father is dead, one of them should be a victim of Justice...
As for Phase 2 being back out? Excellent. I'll probs play it tomorrow. And I'll just copy paste my previous notes and add on to them. :D

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

kwaaaaaaaaandoooooooooo
Gumpei wrote:Ok! I still have a ton of stuff to reply to, sorry. I was fixing things all day. <_<

Phase 1 and Phase 2 should be completely playable again. Phase 3 will be out as SOON as I fix everything in it... whiiiiiiiiich might be a while... ^^"
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

What? I don't have the time to play it right now. :D So that's why I'm playing tomorrow. (Sorry for adding to your workload of replying to stuff though. Joke theorying it just too much fun! :D)

Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

Nah, I posted that because you and I made those posts at almost the same second, so when people checked the thread I thought they might miss the announcement... :P
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Ah! Well that certainly makes a lot more sense! Well, I'll let you post one more time in here then! ;)

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Can't let you do that, Star Fox.

EDIT: Rats. Missed the timing.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Revolution (phase 1 and 2 back up agai

Post by Ping' »

Changed the first post, will reply to comments/theories a bit later ^^
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

You may want to hold off the fixed PHase 3 until judging of it is done.
Fileden isn't exactly the most reliable thing either.
Just a little worried.
(they don't have a walkthrough, they WILL potentially refresh often. xD)
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

Blackrune wrote:You may want to hold off the fixed PHase 3 until judging of it is done.
Fileden isn't exactly the most reliable thing either.
Just a little worried.
(they don't have a walkthrough, they WILL potentially refresh often. xD)
Well, Fileden's only hosting the music... but you maaaaayyyyy have a point.

Ok, I'll get Phase 3 fixed up tonight, and I'll post it up after Oracle's finished, which will most likely be tomorrow. Sorry about this, guys. ^^"
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Hmm. Adding a mercy mode could reduce the amount of refreshing that happens, but would take time...
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"